What movie/tv show did you last see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What movie did you last see?

Zodiac...Very long but, it had me hooked the entire time...I didnt want it to end. Great movie.

Watching now...

The Boondock Saints...I'm bored and nothing's on so i put in a dvd.

Comment

The Simpson Movie

Really funny, I love their humor!

Comment

Originally posted by X360Ghost View Post
        The Simpson Movie

Really funny, I love their humor!
        I saw it the other day as well. For me, there are plenty of things that could have been done better.
        The movie had the storyline of a TV episode, just filled with too many Homer-Marge conflicts so as to drag it out to a movie-length production. I went in expecting some good jokes, funny moments and a decent storyline. But the movie just seemed too heavy, with Homer in a depression for half the time, limiting his ability to have some good Homer moments.
        For "THE Simpson's Movie" it was a let-down. If this is how one of the best cartoons finishes, then it really has been a down-hill ride.
        Remedy's currently known projects:
        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

I saw from dusk till dawn.
          It was very good at the beginning, I was really amazed. But then it got to a bar and it got off the track.
          I realised something when I watched the movie, Quentin tarantino has got a very strange sense of humor. And my stepmother laughed all the time. I found it funny that it had so many great actors for a splatter-movie. George Clooney, Quentin Tarantino and Selma Hayek. Otherwise the humor wasn't that great. It was a movie I just see one time and forget about later on.
          "All a soldier needs is his rifle, his ammunition and his tea"
          Winston Churchill

Comment

I saw that a couple of weeks when I dug it out of my shelf. I can't believe I forgot how quirky and funny it is. It's typical Rodriguez and Tarantino humour and that's why I love it.
            I mean, how much better can you get with a character named Sex Machine?
            Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

5 (or less) word reviews of the ones I've seen recently.

Simpsons Movie - Spider Pig.. Spider Pig!!! Awesome! (A)
              Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix - Love these films. (A)
              Knocked Up - Funny, but still gets serious. (B+)

Comment

This... is... SPAAAARTA!!!!!. I expected more of it but it was still kinda good. But it was very... how will I say it. A bunch of men in underwear with big muscles... You get the idea. It was very bloody in the action-scenes. Spears running through chests and such.
                Winston Churchill

Comment

Atleast they wore loin clothes (unlike the graphic novel haha).

I'm watching Home Alone 2 with my little sisters, one of my favourite childhood movies. Macaulay could have such a good future ahead of himself, even today his childhood acting trumps a lot of what I see in other kids movies.
                  Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

300 is quite overrated...def. was expecting more. It was alright but, not nearly as "epic" as everyone says it was...wouldnt call this a "masterpiece" Also, they got a little too slow mo crazy...damn near everything was slowed down...kind of lame after a while. Battle scenes were not as good as I thought they were going to be, either.

Comment

I thought it was perfectly entertaining, containing enough action scenes to satisfy the mainstream audience, while also possessing enough artistic detail to please those seeking a bit more depth (my film student friend was quite impressed). Personally, I think it turned out great and don't see any defining areas where it could have been improved.
                      The slow motion action scenes were limited enough so that they didn't seem like a gimmick, in particular the initial battle sequence was impressive in the way that it showed two soldiers fighting in symmetry.
                      Overall, I still think it contains some of the best close combat battle sequences I have seen in film, despite the fact that most of it was filmed on green screen. My previous favourite was Braveheart, so if I was looking at it from a non-CG view, Brave would take the crown.
                      Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Bullitt (1968) with Steve McQueen

Fantastic movie

Comment

Just saw possibly the most overrated film in the last twenty years.

I was really let down by 300. I was told the story was just "300 hundred guys versus a couple hundred thousand guys". You know, just one long action flick, which would have been OK. But there was, in fact, a story- but not enough of one that I cared, so it just dragged on from these "action" scenes (you know, the ones where people die stylistically but showcase maybe four "real" stunts) to these exposition scenes of this old played out chestnut of a betrayal of the king through the queen.

Ever see Troy? Much better, action and story wise (all around, it seems). And I didn't even REALLY like Troy.

This gives me even less faith for the Watchmen film than I had before... which I didn't know was possible.

And, back on 300- did I miss some kind of nuclear holocaust at the beginning?

I'll even give it to you, it looked amazing. But, to quote Jeff Dunham (actually, Peanut): "Polish a turd, it's still a turd."
                          Last edited by afs; 08-07-2007, 04:35 AM.
                          "But you've knocked afs off the top 3, which can only be a good thing." -Maddie

Comment

Recently bought Gladiator Extended Edition DVD....

Perfection!

Every single detail: from a perfect cast, to flawless acting, flawless script, the most ascetically amazing and magnificent sets of all time, costume design's are flawless, the directing and editing was absolutely brilliant: you can go frame by frame line by line detail to detail and you will not find any flaws.

This movie is one of the great true-to-the-human-heart movie. Joaquin Phoenix is hot and is perfect for the part of Commodus. He has the look and the acting attitude for the evil emperor. Russell Crowe is an awesome actor in anything that he is in, but beyond all he has this part down pat. I could not imagine anyone else playing the part of Maximus Decimus Meridius. I also like what Hans Zimmer did to the music for this film. I love the instruments and the word choices for the film.I love the way the music reminds me of the different parts of the movie; I get the shivers just thinking about the ending music especially.
                            Mirrors are more fun than Television

Comment

Originally posted by Raveness View Post
                              ...Russell Crowe...
                              Making movies, making songs and fighting 'round the world.
                              "But you've knocked afs off the top 3, which can only be a good thing." -Maddie

Comment

The thing

It is a pretty old horror movie, but it's not about the usual. I remember reading on moddb.com that there are two kind of horror. The blood and gore-kind like braindead or dawn of the dead. And there is the kind off horror who tries to f**k up your brain. The thing is one of the second category. It's a movie about paranoia mostly. And the director, John Carpenter really captures the feeling that there is no one you can trust.
                                Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X