X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What movie did you last see?

Originally posted by Fjällräven View Post
    The thing

It is a pretty old horror movie, but it's not about the usual. I remember reading on moddb.com that there are two kind of horror. The blood and gore-kind like braindead or dawn of the dead. And there is the kind off horror who tries to f**k up your brain. The thing is one of the second category. It's a movie about paranoia mostly. And the director, John Carpenter really captures the feeling that there is no one you can trust.
    One of my favourite horror movies. Just the kind of psychological experience I am expecting from Alan Wake - the blood and gore isn't the main focus of the film, it's the fear of what could possibly happen. Not knowing if a person could suddenly explode in to a tangled mass of alien matter keeps the suspense right up there. The heated wire scene is one of the most tense situations I have ever seen in a film.
    Remedy's currently known projects:
    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Shame I've never seen it, but I liked the game. I hear a lot of people didn't, probably because theres plot problems or the game just didn't live up to the movie. I never saw it so I never had those problems.

But the general idea sounds cool: is that guy you're talking to really just a guy you're talking to or is he really an alien waiting for the right moment to explode into it's true form and kill you?
      <insert cool digital image here>

Comment

I bought that just recently too, Rave. I got the three disc extended edition. So yeah, I've watched that and loved it. Also The Pit And The Pendulum with Vincent Price.

As I'm not here very often I'll put down another movie that I'm hoping I'll be watching next. The Final Cut of Blade Runner. Because funding ran out when Ridley Scott was chopping away in the editing studio back in 1982, he's releasing this collector's edition which will include the director's cut, the original version and a new version which is how Scott really envisioned the movie. I can't wait!
        If only *you* could see what *I've* seen with your eyes. ;)

Comment

I saw Jacob's Ladder a few days ago -- the tv listings gave it a pretty mediocre review, but I enjoyed it (if enjoy is the right word). A very dark, pyschological thriller, but that's what I was expecting from the film that allegedly influenced the Silent Hill series (one scene in particular, I reckon). One of those films like Lost Highway, where you can't predict where it's going, and keeps you guessing 'til the end.

Comment

I saw scary movie 2, and i regret it. My brother and his friend borrowed it and watched it. Since I was bored i checked it out. And as I said, i regret it. I think I laughed about two or three times in the movie... tops! It had bad acting (which is probably a parody on every scary movie, so In can't complain on that point), almost only sex-jokes, all the other jokes sucked and not interesting characters. The movie was a total disaster, i can't belive that anyone would have liked it. No offence to anyone who is reading it and liked it.
            "All a soldier needs is his rifle, his ammunition and his tea"
            Winston Churchill

Comment

The Omen. I've seen it before as well, but I had forgotten about a lot of the things in the movie. It's a good watch, really. I simply love movies like this, where everything is so symbolical. "The Epic fight of Good and Evil". And where "Good" does not always win.
              "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Originally posted by Fjällräven View Post
                I saw scary movie 2, and i regret it. My brother and his friend borrowed it and watched it. Since I was bored i checked it out. And as I said, i regret it. I think I laughed about two or three times in the movie... tops! It had bad acting (which is probably a parody on every scary movie, so In can't complain on that point), almost only sex-jokes, all the other jokes sucked and not interesting characters. The movie was a total disaster, i can't belive that anyone would have liked it. No offence to anyone who is reading it and liked it.
                I liked Kathleen Robertson, other than that, it was a terrible sequel.
                Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

The Scary Movie series is so freakin' lame. "LOL A PENIS STABBED HIM THROUGH THE WALL INSTEAD OF A KNIFE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!"

Like I said, lame.
                  <insert cool digital image here>

Comment

Scary Movie 3 was decent, though, for two reasons - Charlie Sheen and Leslie Nielsen.
                    Charlie needs to go back to some of his comic roots like the Hot Shot movies.
                    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Fracture...I was a fan...I rented a bunch of movies cause, my 360 just got the three red lights...awesome.

Comment

From Dusk Till Dawn - great film, always enjoyable (the first time I saw it, I didn't know anything about it, so the 'twist' half way through actually caught me off guard).

The Hunted -- Probably not the most original film out there, but it's still pretty good. The knife fight at the end is quite intense.

Comment

I just bought Shooter for $7.50 and Syriana for $3.33. I havent seen either yet.

Comment

Last night: The Mothman Prophecies
                            Night before: Alien

Comment

Yesterday: Number 23
                              Before that: Anchorman
                              Before that: The Thing
                              Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Over the past week or so: To Have and Have Not, Rio Bravo, and LA Confidential

Comment

Working...
                                X