What movie/tv show did you last see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What movie did you last see?

I've been on a movie watching spree latly so I don't exactly remember the last one I watched, but I think it was either The Warriors, Dawn of the Dead remake, The Thing, Just Freinds or Alien. Really don't remember.
    "I dunno what's worse, rabid fanboy's or rabid anti-fanboy's, or in Zolleks avatar's case, rabid anti-dentites."-Raveness

Comment

A classic french comedy that was reran on TV a few days ago: Un air de famille

Comment

I watched cult classic, Death Race 2000 last night (soon to be remade! ).

Comment

I watched Die Hard 4.0 last night with a friend. It wasn't actually half bad for an action movie. Some pretty dry and typical "Bruce Willings in Die Hard" comments during the game, in addition to the always ongoing explosions and fast paced action. Fun to watch. Nothing special, but fun.
          "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Cashback. I had seen the short movie a while ago (short-movie festival in my town) and finally got to see the full one derived from it... and it's even more awesome. A must-see, this director has real talent and is bound to do great things.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
              I watched cult classic, Death Race 2000 last night (soon to be remade! ).
              ...by Paul W. S. Anderson, no less. Resident Evil, anybody...?

Also, just saw The Minus Man. Owen Wilson and Janeane Gorafolo in a thriller. It was actually quite good. It's got Brian Cox, too. How could it go bad?
              Last edited by afs; 10-11-2007, 12:51 PM.
              "But you've knocked afs off the top 3, which can only be a good thing." -Maddie

Comment

Adam's Apple
                A crazy movie from Denmark (with the same main actor as in Festen) which I loved. Awesome acting!

Comment

Couldn't sleep last night, so I watched The Shining instead - haven't seen it in a few years. Besides the memorable performance by Jack Nicholson, claustrophic atmostphere, and unflinching dark tone from the very outset; I think what stood out for me was the camerawork. Also, from what we've seen, I'm pretty sure Alan Wake has been directly inspired by the opening credits scene and probably more.

Also watched The Fifth Element a few nights ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
                    Couldn't sleep last night, so I watched The Shining instead - haven't seen it in a few years. Besides the memorable performance by Jack Nicholson, claustrophic atmostphere, and unflinching dark tone from the very outset; I think what stood out for me was the camerawork. Also, from what we've seen, I'm pretty sure Alan Wake has been directly inspired by the opening credits scene and probably more.

Also watched The Fifth Element a few nights ago.
                    As a big horror fan, I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye out for horror movie references when I finally get to play AW. No doubt there will be plenty of Stephen King ones.

I watched Shadow of the Vampire, a movie about the movie Nosferatu. It takes on the assumption that the actor who played the vampire in the movie was actually a vampire. A decent film for vampire lovers and brilliant acting by Willem Dafoe.
                    Remedy's currently known projects:
                    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

As a big horror fan, I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye out for horror movie references when I finally get to play AW. No doubt there will be plenty of Stephen King ones.
                      I expect so - almost all of his books have been converted into films or tv serials (or, as with The Shining, both). Actually, for the last year or so I've been trying to watch as many pyschological thrillers, supernatural and horror films as possible as a lead up to Alan Wake.

Comment

Originally posted by Corwin View Post
                        Cashback. I had seen the short movie a while ago (short-movie festival in my town) and finally got to see the full one derived from it... and it's even more awesome. A must-see, this director has real talent and is bound to do great things.
                        The one character has the same name as me in that movie...first and last...just thougth i'd say. haha.

Comment

Just saw "1408" and it was awesome! Best scary movie I've seen in a long time. If you are a fan of scary movies without all the gore, then this is the film for you.
                          There were also a lot of cool sequences that I haven't seen done before (gives me ideas for things in AW too).
                          Remedy's currently known projects:
                          Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

^Cool I'll have to keep my eye open for that one.

Last two films I saw were Blair Witch Project and Black Hawk Down.

Comment

BEOWULF! loved it, sure it took many liberties with the poem, but I didn't go to the movie to see the poem, I can read the poem, I went to the movie to have a fun time! And goal delivered, heck the storyline itself was even very well done!

I'm hopeing there will be a sequal, or at least some simular movies in the future.
                              "I dunno what's worse, rabid fanboy's or rabid anti-fanboy's, or in Zolleks avatar's case, rabid anti-dentites."-Raveness

Comment

Spoorloos-aka the vanishing.
                                http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096163/
                                So rude and dark ending.
                                Bright Falls: There must be some kind of way out of here.

Comment

Working...
                                X