What movie/tv show did you last see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What movie did you last see?

I saw "We Own the Night" in the cinema last week. Enjoyable enough.
    Ordinarily he was insane, but he had lucid moments when he was merely stupid.

Comment

Bored...so, I watched L.A. Confidential again.

Comment

Saw Infernal Affairs I & III (soon II). A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Should I even bother with The Departed? What ppl that have seen all four think?

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Bored...so, I watched L.A. Confidential again.
          I saw American Gangster the other night. The character that Russell Crowe plays is almost identical to his one in LA Confidential.
          Remedy's currently known projects:
          Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
            I saw American Gangster the other night. The character that Russell Crowe plays is almost identical to his one in LA Confidential.
            That's pretty cool...Bud White is an awesome character.

As for the other poster asking about the Departed...the movie is a must see imo, it's fantastic. I know there are some that think it is overrated but, personally I loved it. Most people tend to like the movie they saw first when it comes to these two (Infernal Affairs/The Departed). But, that being said, you should check the Departed out anyway.

Comment

Saw Cloverfield this arvo and was mighty impressed. They've taken the monster-attacks-city cliché but from the perspective of an average joe running around the streets. A great suspenseful movie with plenty of action and even a bit of humour thrown in. Highly recommended.
              Remedy's currently known projects:
              Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Rented Lost Highway a couple nights ago……

Lost Highway is one of those films that will have you scratching your head for days after but, being a David Lynch film, this does not come as a great surprise. Lost Highway is an inspired piece of complicated story telling and weird characters. What the film lacks in sense, it makes up for with depth, visual gratification and style. Lynch bases his films on imagery and Lost Highway is very powerful on this front, with full intent to shock, excite and unsettle the audience. Even for those who are not fans of the psychological thriller genre, Lost Highway is definitely an experience.

The plot manipulation is second to none and ensures the audience is never comfortable, exactly how Lynch planned it. Lynch is notorious for making dark films and they don't come much darker than this. Lost Highway is definitely not for the faint hearted and goes to great efforts to explore voyeurism, jealousy, power and the grotesque. It is beautifully crafted and there's a strange sense of mystery that abounds throughout. Lynch has rarely had a stranger narrative that winds on in such an elliptical path. The unsettling silence and faded colors, the walks into oppressive darkness.

It is actually a much less confusing film than Mulholland Drive, which was a real mind stretcher, and hardly made any sense, in my opinion. The beginning of Lost Highway is like gold, totally eerie and perfectly creepy. The rest is good as well, but the beginning and the explosive end are what really stick in the consciousness long after seeing it.

Spoiler:

The most astute line in the movie is when Fred replies to the cops investigating who made the ‘tapes’ when they ask him why he hates videocameras. He says:

The message of the movie if ever there was any. A window into the surrealist machinations of a madman’s mind.
                Mirrors are more fun than Television

Comment

I just watched a horrible, horrible movie about an hour ago. I don't remember the name, nor do I actually ever WANT to remember it. All I remember is that whatsherface, Clint Eastwood's daughter, played the main character. It was some occult thing of sorts... But no matter, it was completely WASTE. It was so bad I couldn't help myself from laughing on several occations, but it was more laughs of pity and dispear... DON'T WATCH IT!
                  "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Alison Eastwood?

Comment

Yes, her. I think the name of the movie was "The Lost Angel". Horrible, truly horrible. It could have potentional. Anything that is occult is to me potentional, but they messed it up so bad it's just sad.
                      "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
                        Saw Cloverfield this arvo and was mighty impressed. They've taken the monster-attacks-city cliché but from the perspective of an average joe running around the streets. A great suspenseful movie with plenty of action and even a bit of humour thrown in. Highly recommended.
                        I'm going to see it again later today...I loved it.

The theatre crowd def. was not as impressed as I was...The 20 seconds of dead silence after the movie ended was a little awkward. A lot of people will not like this movie...but, I sure as hell did. The good reviews have been outweighing the bad it seems....and IMDB currently has it at an 8.1 rating.

Comment

For anyone going to see the new Rambo movie, you can brush up on some statistics:

That’s some good median carnage, but it still doesn’t take the title from the Bloodiest Movie Ever!
                          Mirrors are more fun than Television

Comment

LOL, that 'Time at which the first person is killed" is really telling.

That’s some good median carnage, but it still doesn’t take the title from the Bloodiest Movie Ever!
                            Ah, I was about to mention that, but you beat me to it! Hot Shots: Part Deux was on last week.

Comment

I've been watching quite a lot of films these past few weeks, including:

The French Connection
                              The Chronicles of Riddick - Not as good as Pitch Black, but Riddick is still compelling screen character - hopefully this isn't his last outing.
                              True Lies
                              Swimming Pool
                              Tirez sur le pianiste (aka Shoot the pianist)
                              The Running Man
                              La Femme d'à côté (aka The woman next door)
                              Céline et Julie vont en bateau (aka Celine and Julie go boating)
                              Éloge de l'amour (aka In Praise of Love)

I've got Total Recall lined up for tonight or tomorrow; and a few more french films recorded.

Pulp Fiction is being shown next week in my local cinema... still trying to decide if it's worth paying to see it on the big screen or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
                                The Chronicles of Riddick - Not as good as Pitch Black, but Riddick is still compelling screen character - hopefully this isn't his last outing.
                                The Director's Cut have a few things that make the film a lot more likable, at least for me.
                                Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
                                Pulp Fiction is being shown next week in my local cinema... still trying to decide if it's worth paying to see it on the big screen or not.
                                My opinion is that it's worth it, although I'd prefer Reservoir Dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X