What movie/tv show did you last see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What movie did you last see?

A lot of good titles in that list Maddieman. The French Connection, True Lies, Running Man, and Pulp Fiction all get top marks from me.

As for Total Recall:

Mirrors are more fun than Television

Comment

Yeah, Total Recall is easily one of my all-time favourite sci-fi films. Right up there with Aliens.

Comment

Comment

It was "Dawn of the Dead".I was buying all trilogy.Well,it's quite good,i guess.
          Bright Falls: There must be some kind of way out of here.

Comment

I saw "The Boondock Saints" for the first time last night. It was a pretty good movie, although there are parts of it I missed (mainly because there was a good few people here at the time and we were drinking ). Gotta see it again sometime sober I suppose.
            "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Total Recall - see above.
              The French Connection II - good film - much darker than the first in some places.
              The Terminator - can't believe how long its been since I last saw this -- hell, I didn't even realise Bill Paxton was in it.

They showed Terminator in the lead up to the new tv series, but not number 2 - annoying, because it turns out I don't have a copy of it (or I can't find it).

EDIT: Oh, and I completely forgot about Pulp Fiction and missed it. Bugger.
              I missed Mean Streets as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
                The Terminator - can't believe how long its been since I last saw this -- hell, I didn't even realise Bill Paxton was in it.
                And thus the love affair began between Jim Cameron and Bill Paxton:

It must have been a turbulent tryst, seeing as Cameron kept making Bill’s character a sniveling coward or a junkie prick.

[SIZE="1"]*PS – brownie points for anyone who can guess who that is standing next to Bill, and what popular role he played.[/SIZE]

EDIT: Oh, and I completely forgot about Pulp Fiction and missed it. Bugger.

Comment

PS – brownie points for anyone who can guess who that is standing next to Bill, and what popular role he played.
                  He played Shao Kahn in Mortal Kombat Annihilation, the second worse videogame to film adaptation.

Spoiler:

Comment

He played Shao Kahn in Mortal Kombat Annihilation, the second worse videogame to film adaptation.

Spoiler:
                    Brian Thompson, now that Raveness metioned it, seems Terminator jump started his career His most memorable role is The Alien Bounty Hunter, as Maddie mentioned.I've also seen him in: Cobra, Star Trek, MK:A, Hercules and "tons of other stuff" I can't remember.

I almost forgot - I saw Fearless, aka Jet Li's Fearless. Great movie if you can get past the "kung fu" stuff.

Comment

I even remember a TNG episode he was in. Riker was a commander onboard a Klingon ship, and Thompson was a Klingon lieutenant that Riker threw headfirst into a display console.

B.J. Johns did his homework, so I have to give him the brownie points. Now if I can only figure out what these points can are redeemed for......

Comment

Just got Twelve Monkeys on DVD. My mum shits on the show whenever I mention it, which is a lot cuz it’s one of my perennial favorites.

But I say the movie is an exceptional commentary of society’s reckless abandon for science, wrapped in the surreal atmosphere that makes all of Gilliam’s movies feel like a fascinating dream. Whether his narrative approach ends in darkness or happiness is beside the point. Remember how badly Universal chopped up Brazils ending back at its theatrical release? They learned their mistake even though types like my mum will never acquiesce to an ending that bookends an expertly weaved story.

Comment

Well after seeing Hot Fuzz just recently, I was looking forward to Shaun of the Dead.

But all the som bitches that rent movies seem to get some sort of sick pleasure out of scratching the damn disks. I swear. I have not rented a movie in the last YEAR that I haven't had to return multiple times to watch it through ONCE.

Didn't that movie come out a year ago, if not more?

Yeah. I don't watch a lot of movies. So it pisses me off that on the few occasions I sit through the first half hour, then re-watch the damned ads or whatever at the beginning, until I just decide to give up.

I spent well over an hour trying to watch the damn film, and pissed off ever second of it. Well... except for the part that it's working.
                          Why do Asians feel the need to compensate for their natural eye shape, with silly cartoons?

Comment

I've been perusing the classics at Fearnet.com.

Wishmaster, R.S.V.P., Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, and Night of the Living Dead (1990), were all good merry times.
                            ~+Impure Thoughts, Unethical Movements, A Shifting of the Soul into the Deeper Darker Secrets+~

Comment

Saw Next yesterday.. What a disappointment!!

I'm a big fan of Philip K. Dick's writing and The Golden Man is a fantastic short story with a very powerful and philosophical theme, that could have been explored so much more in-depth. Instead it was turned into some lame action movie with a screenplay, that could have been written by a high-school student.

This week I'm gonna spend some time with the documentary "Grizzly Man" that will hopefully be a lot better!

Comment

Just saw Colour of the Truth .Good movie if you watch HK Cinema.

Comment

Working...
                                X