What movie/tv show did you last see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What movie did you last see?

I watched District 9 yesterday. I only have a few problems with the pacing...the story progressed a little too quickly near the end. They could have slowed that up a bit...I wasn't exactly buying some epiphany from Wikus. It just happened a little too quickly...it could have been better there. But other than that, it was damn near amazing. I loved it. The weapons and that mech suit deal were bad ass. The electrical charges out of the weapons were awesome as well.

I also watched Blindess the other day...very meh.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 12-29-2009, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shorty View Post
      G.I Joe: The rise of Cobra.

Nice knowing you all, I'm going to end my life asap.
      I agree with this statement.

...Except for the suicide bit.
      <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

Lol, G.I. Joe wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It's a pretty solid action movie....if you completly ignore everything you've ever known about G.I. Joe.

I just saw Extract yesterday. Pretty solid comedy from Mike Judge...though, it couldn't quite live up to Office Space and Idiocracy.
        AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

The Hangover. Loved it.

More Heather Graham please.

Comment

I saw " Changeling", directed by Clint Eastwood. I really like him as a director as much as an actor. This movie was great with a perfect ending.
            To find her son, she did what no one else dared and she would never, ever give up hope. Based on a true story.
            Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

This one is from the future as I won't view them untill Jan 7th(damn slow shipping). I used a Target gift card I got for Xmas and purchased Alien 20th Anniversary Edition, Aliens Special Edition and Alien 3 Special Edition.

If you've never seen these movies...you must see them.

Comment

Originally posted by BxB402 View Post
                This one is from the future as I won't view them untill Jan 7th(damn slow shipping). I used a Target gift card I got for Xmas and purchased Alien 20th Anniversary Edition, Aliens Special Edition and Alien 3 Special Edition.

If you've never seen these movies...you must see them.
                I agree that Alien and Aliens are must see movies... but not Alien 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish View Post
                  I agree that Alien and Aliens are must see movies... but not Alien 3.
                  Why not? I thought Alien 3 was great too. It had that feeling to it. Resurrection is the crappy one. lol

Comment

Originally posted by BxB402 View Post
                    Why not? I thought Alien 3 was great too. It had that feeling to it. Resurrection is the crappy one. lol
                    Going even further, the entire series is better than any of the AvP movies.
                    Once you watch the documentaries of Alien 3, you begin to understand the film a bit more and find out how pressured the production actually was. For a music director's first feature film, it's quite alright.
                    Remedy's currently known projects:
                    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

I'm one of maybe six people on the planet who never got any of the Alien films, and I pity myself for it.

Watched The Ninth Gate today. Uhhh.... Polanski is really either hit or miss.
                      "But you've knocked afs off the top 3, which can only be a good thing." -Maddie

Comment

Give 'Em Hell Malone is the best Max Payne movie ever.
                        If you liked Black Dynamite or Shoot 'Em Up, you'll love thise one.
                        Shame how it never got a theatrical release.
                        "Do you know what your sin is?"
                        "Oh hell, I'm a fan of all seven."

Comment

I saw Avatar with my forummate from Greece here. An amazing fantasy movie. Some things made me gloomy for seeing them like this.

1) The subtitles have been lined either left or right. If I find this idiot who placed these subtitles like this, I'll drop his whole house down !
                          2) The Navy, although for my eyes, were Blue Wood Elves, but they had an image of the Black(niggah in a way) people.
                          3) They did a sudden start and a sudden end, that destroyed its magic.
                          4) Copy paste of Troy movie's soundtrack.
                          5) It's most likely for some peeps that this movie resembles in a way the game "Warhammer: dawn of War", BUT for my eyes it looked like Warcraft.

The good point is that it was a fantasy movie i have never seen since "Utopia", and i have to confess that i cried, most likely I was moved, over some points.

Total Result: 7/10
                          The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Dude, that is a ****ing top shelf post if I've ever seen one. High fives. You should start a movie reviewing blog.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeekquel the other day with my brother and sister. It was mediocre at best.
                            NEVER FORGET
                            Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
                            5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

I just watched District 9. And well that was amazing. There's still a few movies from last year that i haven't seen yet... um... Moon and Avatar and a few others. But at the moment, that was the movie of 2009 for me.

Simply amazing. Really different being in south africa and having all these quirky real world situations that you just don't expect out of hollywood like ever, more like the arthouse type movies i enjoy but with a massive budget, awesome CGI and costume design (it looks real enough to be immersed), a lot of character depth and then an insane amount of action and explosions (cool dark purple cloud and lightning disintegration etc.) and then really nicely drawn to a conclusion that leaves it totally open for a sequel, but without disappointing you. Oh my god. I love sci-fi's that are set in pretty much +/-10-20 years of now. They are always so much more compelling and atmospheric. Not once did i feel like i was watching something that seemed ridiculous, which is quite hard to achieve in most sci-fi's. Yeah you could argue that some of the "messages" were a little contrived, but I totally bought into it.

You can have your own opinions, but that was hands down best movie of 2009.
                              Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Well...it's not a movie....but I just finished the first season of Dr. Who..with the next 3 in line. Love this stuff. Thanks to netflix I don't have to catch a 'sode or two on cable where they LOVE to play one half of a two-parter and leave me pissed because they refuse to play part two. now I can watch them in order, all of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X