Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What movie did you last see?

Originally posted by BxB402 View Post
    Well...it's not a movie....but I just finished the first season of Dr. Who..with the next 3 in line. Love this stuff. Thanks to netflix I don't have to catch a 'sode or two on cable where they LOVE to play one half of a two-parter and leave me pissed because they refuse to play part two. now I can watch them in order, all of them.
    Bawwww.

Don't watch the tenth Doctor's final episode, if you get that far. I don't like the new Doctor so far, he seems like a copycat.

Oh, and the best episodes you ever watch will likely be Blink and The Empty Child- they're bloody brilliant.
    <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

Originally posted by Kitt View Post
      Bawwww.

Don't watch the tenth Doctor's final episode, if you get that far. I don't like the new Doctor so far, he seems like a copycat.

Oh, and the best episodes you ever watch will likely be Blink and The Empty Child- they're bloody brilliant.
      I must go that far for personal curiosity. I haven't gotten far enough or seen "Blink" elsewhere, but "The Empty Child" was great. Very spooky. Captain Jack is pretty kick ass too. Once I'm finished with Dr. Who I have the first two seasons of Torchwood lined up as well(and the 3rd soon to be added to instant netflix). Haven't seen a single episode yet but i've heard good things.

Also, I have to add the last actual movie I saw today. "It's Alive". NOT the classic horror movie, but the 2009 remake of it. I enjoyed the original...but this one...If Netflix had made it possible I would have given it half a star instead of one. HORRIBLE Remake with special effects that make SyFy made for TV movies look big budget.
      Last edited by BxB402; 01-09-2010, 05:28 AM.
      AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

Got the last episode on tape, haven't watched it yet. Don't think it'll be the same without David Tennant, but then again I said that when Christopher Eccleston left, and I was dead wrong... so we'll see.

I didn't like to Torchwood personally, but don't let me put you off.
        Last edited by Maddieman; 01-09-2010, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kitt View Post
          blink
          my favourite episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think i'm actually scared of statues now.
          Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

I'm getting to "Blink" very quickly. I'm close to halfway into season 3...thanks to having seen a handfull of those episodes on TV multiple times...enough to not need to watch them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
              Got the last episode on tape, haven't watched it yet. Don't think it'll be the same without David Tennant, but then again I said that when Christopher Eccleston left, and I was dead wrong... so we'll see.

I didn't like to Torchwood personally, but don't let me put you off.
              Exactly. When Eccleston left, I kind of despised Tennant for like... half of the second series. Just because he wasn't Eccleston.

It's kind of odd, isn't it? That Doctor Who is advertised mostly as a 'family show', but so much of it is about losing- losing family, friends... And the Doctor's death count is insanely high. And then you lose the Doctor himself every time he changes. It never gets easier, does it? Sigh... I just miss Rose.

Anyway. Watched 'Its All About Steve' with my sister, which was surprisingly funny.

Comment

^ I kind of like that theme, personally. It's more real. There is an oversaturation of stories where the good guy always saves everyone and everything is happy happy in the end. Life rarely works out that way. The fact they can make great stories that recognize that and make you happy eventually but never fully is good stuff.

On a side note of that....trying to avoid spoilers....the movie The Mist. I LOVED the ending because it reflected that truth how things don't always end with everyone all happy happy. Even King said that was the ending he wished he had written for it.

Maybe Frank Darabont would be a good choice for a possible Alan Wake movie....if he can manage to import Mr.Villi , lol.
                Last edited by BxB402; 01-09-2010, 10:33 PM.

Comment

The Road, it was pretty disappointing.
                  NEVER FORGET
                  Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
                  5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

Didn't watch too much over the holidays:

It's a Wonderful Life -- one of those films I have to watch every few years.

Hitchcock's Rope -- based on a play (and a true story), it's entirely set in an apartment, in realtime. There are some rather obvious cuts where the camera inexplicably zooms in on someone's back, but otherwise it's an ingenious movie.

Exactly. When Eccleston left, I kind of despised Tennant for like... half of the second series. Just because he wasn't Eccleston.
                    Same here, but I had faith in the writing, and I've seen Tennant in other stuff, so I knew he was a talented actor. In a way I'm gutted that he's leaving, but at the same time, I don't want to see him typecast. He's already done a good version of Hamlet over the holidays (with Picard Patrick Stewart as Claudius).

Sigh... I just miss Rose.
                    There's a cure for that. Simply watch this in it's entirety: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEMS-YM7Nn4

Now you'll never want to see her or hear her again. Sorted.

Comment

The Lovely Bones.
                      Can't really understand all the critics. It wasn't a masterpiece and it was somewhat different from the book, but still quite beautiful.
                      Open up the broken cup
                      Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
                        He's already done a good version of Hamlet over the holidays (with Picard Patrick Stewart as Claudius).

--

There's a cure for that. Simply watch this in it's entirety: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEMS-YM7Nn4

Now you'll never want to see her or hear her again. Sorted.
                        Ah, can't wait to see that Hamlet, buy it on DVD I think. They are selling it, yes?

And that video just made me wish Doctor Who had an episode where some magical alien makes everything turn into a musical. People begin to sing and dance in unison uncontrollably.

@BxB402: Oh, don't get me wrong- I love that theme too.

Comment

My top Movies of 2009 are:

Distric 9
                          Moon

I can't recall any other good movie
                          Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                          Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

" corpse Bride"
                            I really liked the musical theme and sound effects. I'd never seen a groom and bride in the animations. Fun & amusing
                            Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Man, I just saw "UP!"

That was one of the most emotional movies I have seen in years.

Definitely recomend it. Go and rent it now!!!!!!

Originally posted by GENE_BC View Post
                              " corpse Bride"
                              I really liked the musical theme and sound effects. I'd never seen a groom and bride in the animations. Fun & amusing
                              I saw Coraline the other day Tim Burton is an excellent director
                              Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                              Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Danzaiver View Post
                                I saw Coraline the other day Tim Burton is an excellent director
                                He is, but he didn't have anything to do with Coraline. That would be the genius of Henry Selick.
                                Open up the broken cup
                                Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

Working...
                                X