X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What movie did you last see?

Originally posted by Morry View Post
    They made a sequel!? Why!?
    I don't get it - there are some movies just screaming out for sequels to be made (Bubba Ho-tep for example) and then filth like this gets allowed.
    Because Boll funds the movies through his own production company. The production company is financed through investors who are exploiting this silly German law - whereby they can claim back most of their investment from the Government.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish View Post
      Because Boll funds the movies through his own production company. The production company is financed through investors who are exploiting this silly German law - whereby they can claim back most of their investment from the Government.
      This doesn't explain why game companies would be stupid enough to let him touch their IP's though. IMO they get as much blame for saying "yes" to that little douche as anyone.
      AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

Money?

I don't think anybody is going to say no to the possibility to make some cash of an old game franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish View Post
          Money?

I don't think anybody is going to say no to the possibility to make some cash of an old game franchise.
          that would makes sense if the results were decent....but Boll's movies are so horrible. It's pretty counter productive. A decent film of a game could instill some newfound interest and sell some games....Uwe Bolls movies will NEVER do that. They could actually make people lose interest in the games involved with it.

Comment

I see your point but in the end, promotion is still promotion.

It's good that he hasn't adapted any indie games or games that struggle to make a mark. All I see are awful adaptations of not-so-great video games (Alone in the Dark) and equally awful but less well-known adaptations of better but older games (Far Cry).

Anyway, this is great for laughs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_Bol...e_to_criticism

Comment

For a few dollars more. Damn.. good old spaghetti western
              We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Dante's Inferno

This animation was very good, but it didn't excite me at all. If they wanted they could make a 3D animation for this movie...

For the fights they were epic.
                The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Originally posted by shorty View Post
                  The hangover. Pretty funny actually.
                  i LOVE that movie!
                  Officer Franklin: [to Alan] Not you, fat Jesus. OWN!
                  I'm back.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhinarkos View Post
                    For a few dollars more. Damn.. good old spaghetti western
                    I can't imagine any western movies batter than Clint Eastwood's.
                    Zhinarkos, you should see "Good, Bad, Ugly" if you haven't yet.
                    Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

district 9 hell of a movie with a buget limit of 10 million dollars. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by GENE_BC View Post
                        I can't imagine any western movies batter than Clint Eastwood's.
                        Zhinarkos, you should see "Good, Bad, Ugly" if you haven't yet.
                        But I have! All three "dollars" movies. And yes, they do have something special. They sure changed the whole style and ideas of western films.
                        We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Originally posted by DEAD PIXEL! View Post
                          district 9 hell of a movie with a buget limit of 10 million dollars. ^^
                          I want a sequel so bad. Hopefully it gets done.

Comment

V per VENDETTA
                            I love Killer7, Silent Hill 1, Max Payne, Shadow of the Colossus.Markus and Alan Wake...
                            He was trying to buy more sand for his hour glass. I wasn't selling any

Comment

Currently watching the latest production of Hamlet with Patrick Stewart and David Tennant. Boy, I do love Stewart; I wish his voice narrated my life. And Tennant portrays madness admirably, though I'm not sure if I prefer his comedic take or not.

Regardless, I'm only on act 3, so the laughs will surely die out later.
                              <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

Love his work, too. Such a deep and commanding voice.
                                I was quoting his Extras lines for ages. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg_cwI1Xj4M

Watched Gamer last night. Quite alright entertainment. The premise of the story has some good potential, so if they had added some more though-provoking moments, it would have been memorable.
                                Remedy's currently known projects:
                                Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X