What movie/tv show did you last see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What movie did you last see?

Magnolia. I really enjoyed it. Very good performances all around. This is the second Paul Thomas Anderson movie I've seen and I really like his style. Is "There Will Be Blood" recommended?
    You've been watching too much X-Files.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Mulder View Post
      Is "There Will Be Blood" recommended?
      Definutely, but donīt expect anything similar to Magnolia.
      Open up the broken cup
      Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

Jane Eyre ( TV mini-series)

A true drama-romance about a young woman who becomes governess to the ward of Mr. Rochester. Definitely worth watching. it has 4 episodes.
        Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Jennifer's body (I believe that was the title). That movie sucked bigtime, but it's good if you're in for a laugh due to extremely bad acting, probably even intended to be as bad as it was. Fair B-quality and good to "watch with the bunch"
          *Spread the Teddycult!*

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ninjat...22685397758086

Comment

Sixth Sense. I have watched it already once. I decided to watch one of those "one time films" just to see my point of view when the fact is known from the start.

It was an experience. And I give my honest opinion to this film. I think it is beautiful. A wonderful compilation of drama, horror, mystery. A film that can't be described with simple words.

I love it
            We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

And Stephen King's It. I don't know if they're really is too many people who care all that much about horror series' or films. And adaptions, also tend to be low quality films. But for what it is worth, I think the miniseries is great, best miniseries or adaption ever made. It's a lot to say, considering the story and all, but Tim Curry did an excellent job as Pennywise, all the actors are great, the story is composed nicely, and it's full of feeling. The musics are, from time to time, the most beautiful I have ever heard. A real hunting feeling of childhood memories rise when I hear the music on the end..

Considering I soon have to leave my hometown to study somewhere it makes things even worse.
              We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Inception, saw it yesterday and i found it to be pretty good.

Comment

Inception. Finally found a theatre that showed it in english.
                  I was blown away.
                  Open up the broken cup

Comment

Originally posted by One Eyed Jack View Post
                    Inception. Finally found a theatre that showed it in english.
                    I was blown away.
                    The feelings goes away and it becomes more mediocre after about an hour once you realise you were just wowed and saw an above average hollywood movie that pretended to be smart. Thoughs still 8-8.5/10. Very good, but not quite "great".
                    Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Originally posted by MestV View Post
                      Jennifer's body (I believe that was the title). That movie sucked bigtime, but it's good if you're in for a laugh due to extremely bad acting, probably even intended to be as bad as it was. Fair B-quality and good to "watch with the bunch"
                      From what I remember, Megan Fox was talking about how this movie was going to be dark and scary but fun, and it would give her a chance to show that she can act.
                      I wish her career would just die.

But, I just saw "Watchman" for the first time.
                      Picked up the Blu-Ray a few days ago.... and absolutely love it.

Comment

really? good to hear, I've been thinking about renting watchmen for a while, I also hear "shutter island" to be pretty good.
                        *Spread the Teddycult!*

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ninjat...22685397758086

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
                          The feelings goes away and it becomes more mediocre after about an hour once you realise you were just wowed and saw an above average hollywood movie that pretended to be smart. Thoughs still 8-8.5/10. Very good, but not quite "great".
                          Well, the feelingīs still here and I think the movie was in fact very smart. I loved every minute of it and Iīm definitely going to watch it very often.
                          But I have this thing for dream movies like that, so maybe thatīs were Iīm coming from. Íīd give it a 9.

Also, do you realize that you called the movie mediocre, above average and very good in three lines? Just saying.
                          Last edited by One Eyed Jack; 08-03-2010, 02:08 AM.
                          Open up the broken cup

Comment

Carnivāle

Actually I've made my mind to see all of the IMDB best tv mini-series. As far as I can get them On DVD though.

this time I'm going with Carnivale. An absolute mystery which most of people don't know even exists. I'm really enjoying it.
                            Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Grown ups.

Comment

Originally posted by TansMetalGuy View Post
                                Grown ups.
                                I assume it wasn't as good as Hangover, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X