Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What movie did you last see?

Originally posted by Morry View Post
    I was not too impressed, frankly, and thought it could have had a lot more substance. When I compare it to something like The Losers, it makes it feel very shallow, as if every character in the movie was just a cameo and not a character in a story.
    Okay, I haven't seen this but I'm confused from looking at the trailers and hearing you say that "it could have had a lot more substance."

My only question is this: Did shit get blown up and did mother****ers get discombobulated?

Stayed up late last night and ended up watching Frida, an excellent biopic about the mexican artist Frida Kahlo, portrayed by Salma Heyak. I'd vaugely aware of Frida Kahlo's work and background, but never really 'got' it, if that makes sense. This film was a good tribute to her life, and made me want to find out more, which I guess is the point of these kind of films.
    Hm, I should probably see this. I like Frida's stuff, I've been told my paintings have a similar style. And I like Alfred Molina and Salma. But what redblooded dude doesn't like Salma.

Oh yeah, I saw Repo Men. It was pretty cool, not sure if I liked the ending or not...but it was certainly something.
    NEVER FORGET
    Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
    5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

I was not too impressed, frankly, and thought it could have had a lot more substance. When I compare it to something like The Losers, it makes it feel very shallow, as if every character in the movie was just a cameo and not a character in a story.
      The Losers was pretty horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketbannana View Post
        My only question is this: Did shit get blown up and did mother****ers get discombobulated?
        Yes, stuff was blown and lots of grunts died. Not as many as I expected, not as gory as I expected, and there was more CG blood than I expected (as opposed to good ol' squibs).

And I like Alfred Molina and Salma.
        I bumped in to Alfred in New York, he was a cool guy - happily stopped for a photo.

The Losers was pretty horrible.
        If you went in expecting a decent action movie storyline, reasonable characters, explosive action and just an overall entertaining movie...I thought it was great value.
        Remedy's currently known projects:
        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

The mindset i had before i saw the movie was "its gonna be cliche but oh well" and i was right.

Comment

Alice in Wonderland.

Hmm...

Not bad, kept you going. It turned out a bit boring in the end, but was still entertaining. Full of... oddness.. Johnny Depp did a good job again I think. He really was the light of that somewhat dull dinner party
            We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

@ Yogibbear - "Pabst Blue Ribbon f*ck!" Im a huge David Lynch fan but that is by far one of my favorites.

Is The Other Guys a US version of Hot Fuzz or an original film altogether? I havnt seen anything apart from the poster, and thats the vibe its giving off.

I watched Case 39 over the weekend, have to say it wasnt entirley crap and was pleasntly surprised. bit to long, but yeah, worth a watch if you want something a bit scary.
              tHe OwLS aRe NOt WhAT tHey SeEm

Comment

I bumped in to Alfred in New York, he was a cool guy - happily stopped for a photo.
                That is awesome. You should post 'em.
                NEVER FORGET

Comment

Originally posted by pocketbannana View Post
                  That is awesome. You should post 'em.
                  Slightly blurry pic, ahoy!

Caught him as he was just coming out of a Broadway show and heading to his car.
                  Attached Files
                  Remedy's currently known projects:
                  Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

@ Morry - oh man.....so jealous...so so jealous. Hes one of the few famous people I would like to meet.
                    tHe OwLS aRe NOt WhAT tHey SeEm

Comment

Originally posted by RR Diner View Post
                      @ Yogibbear - "Pabst Blue Ribbon f*ck!" Im a huge David Lynch fan but that is by far one of my favorites.

Is The Other Guys a US version of Hot Fuzz or an original film altogether? I havnt seen anything apart from the poster, and thats the vibe its giving off.

I watched Case 39 over the weekend, have to say it wasnt entirley crap and was pleasntly surprised. bit to long, but yeah, worth a watch if you want something a bit scary.
                      "Baby wants to phuck!"
                      Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Hahaha, that's awesome.
                        NEVER FORGET

Comment

I re-watched all the Kevin Smith flicks this past weeks. He´s the only guy who can make movies with 90% **** jokes and make it seem smart.
                          And he´s one hell of a talker.
                          Open up the broken cup
                          Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

I still haven't seen all of those. Actually, I don't think I've seen any after the Jay & Bob movie.
                            NEVER FORGET

Comment

Saw Scott Pilgrim. It was pretty good. I didn't realise how guy-centred they were going to make it though. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but it seems that the girls in it didn't have much to do other than stand there.
                              "Blah Blah Blah Mr. Freeman"

Comment

The Expendables. It was awesome, brilliant action, and a superb flare gun scene
                                "It's Not Just A Typewriter Brand"

Comment

Working...
                                X