• Re: What movie did you last see?

LOL. Its kinda funny and sad when people say norway is famous for trolls
    Trolls = Trollers on the internet
    Trolls = reall trolls

it can mean two things!
    I'm back.

Comment

Internet trolls are not related to trolls in Scandinavian folklore, it's related to fishing. Trolling is a way of fishing where you are slowly dragging a lure or baited hook from a moving boat while waiting for fish to strike. Common misunderstanding

Comment

O_0 Im from norway and even i did not know that - and LOVE fishing!
        I'm back.

Comment

Originally posted by SUDDENJONATAN View Post
          O_0 Im from norway and even i did not know that - and LOVE fishing!
          Stop being a troll!
          Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Okay so no one else has seen machete or did the rest of the world get to see it 6 months ago due to Oz land's stupid delayed movie releases? I mean come on, there's a scene where he jumps out of the window and uses someone's intenstines as an escape rope!

Comment

Repo men
              How can I miss you? If you never go away....

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
                Okay so no one else has seen machete or did the rest of the world get to see it 6 months ago due to Oz land's stupid delayed movie releases? I mean come on, there's a scene where he jumps out of the window and uses someone's intenstines as an escape rope!
                I have seen it but i hate that kinds of movie. B-movies with to much blood is an no-no.
                I'm back.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waNhD1Z23M8 The Ending of Gran Torino, a movie i reccomend. Eastwood is superb in this movie...and its so sad that things and gangsters like this actually exist and happen
                  I'm back.

Comment

let me highly recommend red with bruce willis and helen mirren. i went cuz the movie my cuz and i wanted to see wasn't starting for another 2 hrs. we loved red. i've got back to see it again with some friends and it was a big hit with everyone.

Comment

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1
                      We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Jumanji

Comment

Originally posted by Zhinarkos View Post
                          Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1
                          So did I.

Comment

Yes the new Harry Potter was medicore. But the scene with the three brothers animation was awsome
                            I'm back.

Comment

I went and saw Red Hill this arvo in Leederville. Was pretty good. (By the director of Wolf Creek). More scaring off tourists to Australia fest goodliness. I enjoyed it. Glad Ryan Kwanten doesn't have a terrible american acent from being in hollywood for too long. (Love his character in true blood).

There is a pretty funny bit with a jukebox.... (maybe i'm just twisted). Though the entire plot is pretty obvious from early on [though i don't think they're trying to be discrete].

Anyone who is a fan of old school rifles and shotguns will enjoy just looking at them.
                              Last edited by yogibbear; 11-27-2010, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SUDDENJONATAN View Post
                                Yes the new Harry Potter was medicore. But the scene with the three brothers animation was awsome
                                Yeah, I thought so too. It almost felt like the movie might have just scraped the surface of the feel of the books. Some other world thing that isn't quite enough familiar so that you could put your finger on it, but still so familiar that you understand it. It takes you with it to an adventure.

That might have been quite a cliché claim, the kind of teenage fan boy quote, but the books are actually deep and thoughtful. It is people's own prejudicial thinking towards what the books APPEAR to be that makes them hard to be approached by "The real literature minds who know what quality is".

But I did think that the nude kissing scene between Harry and Hermione in Ronald's vision was ridiculous. I guess the film makers actually do think that only teenagers and juvenile minds go to these movies. Even though the last book is far from being a children's book or a real fantasy book for that matter.

But whatever. Those movies aren't probably wise to be evaluated on regular standards as what makes movies "deep and insightful". They're just pure entertainment I guess...

I better stop ranting about it.

To another topic, for whatever it is worth, Priest looks like a movie worth checking out.

I watched Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot episode of ABC murders this morning. Nice little morning puzzle before mindless cleaning frenzy...

Comment

Working...
                                X