Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning

This is a finnish movie, made in Tampere (I live there) and it took 7 years to complete. Its made mostly by amateurs and people whose hobby is sci-fi, nobody was paid during the movie nor after i think. Its already said to be the known finnish movie in the world. Over 1 million people have downloaded it (yes its free) And articles have been written all around the world (even in India..)
    http://www-fi1.starwreck.com/ You can download it there. It aint even a LARGE movie.

I liked it. The special effects were excellent (hey, amateurs made it!), very near to Hollywood effects. Acting would need a bit of work, but its enough for me. Theres lots of humour also. The plot was also a fine one, beats the crap out of some hollywood B-class actionmovie.

Re: Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning

A good film, well worth downloading...and if you happen to see it somewhere on DVD, BUY IT! Maybe they'll make something again if they're supported!
    OMC NOB
    Ragdoll Matrix
    Crysis

Comment

Just finished watching it then.. that was actually quite good! I was suprised, didn't expect much.

The special effects were fantastic and heck the plot beat most movies I've seen lately.

It was actually quite funny

Emperor Pirk kicks ass

Comment

If it were possible to download it, I would. However this movie is downloaded using Torrents, and that's virtually impossible.

EDIT: Oh wait, there's a real download method linked below the crappier one.

Comment

BitTorrent is amazing, you can achieve greater speeds then HTTP could ever offer.

Of course this all depends on the amount of Seeds and Peers the file has. This torrent file had lots and I got it quite quickly

Love BT

Comment

Well, it has over a million downloads already I think...HTTP wouldn't ever have stayed up and people would be angry about 0.2kB/s download speeds, since they really don't have money to have biig costly servers up all the time.

BT is good.
            OMC NOB
            Ragdoll Matrix
            Crysis

Comment

That really is a great movie. I downloaded it few months ago. Best Finnish movie ever

Comment

Loved every minute of it.
                http://photobucket.com/albums/b178/D...monakedhos.gif
                http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/2/megafat.png
                don't click this link...

Comment

Working...
                X