• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (500) Days of Summer

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1022603/
    Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_se...0daysofsummer/

Anyone seen this?

I just came back from seeing it and it's quite an impressive movie, very similar in style to Garden State. So if you liked that movie you'll love 500 days.

For those who don't know Garden State is my all time favourite movie and this one comes quite close to beating that.

It's all about Life, Love and how things don't exactly always turn out like you expect them to.

Anyway watch it! (Plus it's got Zooey Deschanel )

Re: (500) Days of Summer

I'll be sure to check it out. Perhaps I'll pick up Garden State as well. I haven't seen either.
    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Errrr.... i hate garden state.

But mainly due to the line "You gotta hear this one song, it'll change your life I promise you" or something along those lines... in relation to The Shins..

Awesome band. Zach Braff is also AWESOME. And I love him in Scrubs and a few other things. But that one line RUINS the entire movie for me...
      Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
        Errrr.... i hate garden state.

But mainly due to the line "You gotta hear this one song, it'll change your life I promise you" or something along those lines... in relation to The Shins..

Awesome band. Zach Braff is also AWESOME. And I love him in Scrubs and a few other things. But that one line RUINS the entire movie for me...
        It was a pretty good song. I don't see how that would ruin the movie, think of it as part of the character of Largeman.

There's a similar scene in 500 days as well actually, nothing like that line in it though but the girl likes a song the guy was listening to.

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
          It was a pretty good song. I don't see how that would ruin the movie, think of it as part of the character of Largeman.

There's a similar scene in 500 days as well actually, nothing like that line in it though but the girl likes a song the guy was listening to.
          Yes, but I just think using a movie to promote your favourite indie band is a bit of a plug (despite my love for the shins myself)...

I guess I just can't accept that an indie band can get name dropped in a moderately well known movie... (Guess I'm going to hell for a believer of anti-popularity makes a band cooler)
          Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
            Yes, but I just think using a movie to promote your favourite indie band is a bit of a plug (despite my love for the shins myself)...

I guess I just can't accept that an indie band can get name dropped in a moderately well known movie... (Guess I'm going to hell for a believer of anti-popularity makes a band cooler)
            Well in that case it happens exactly like that in 500 days as well.

"You're listening to The Smiths?"
            "What?" (takes off headphones)
            "I love The Smiths" (starts singing a smiths song).

Something like that. But in both this case and the Garden State case it just fits imo. It's something that would happen in real life and is usually a good ice breaker.

In both movies it was used exactly like that.

Comment

I loved 500 days of summer, it was fantastic. Beautiful story, great actors, very nice movie and I loved the ending as well.

then again I love Zooey and of course, The Smiths are my favourite band ever!
              actually I´m going to see Morrissey in Paris in november.

Comment

Working...
              X