Inception

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Inception

And now I want Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the Riddler in the next Batman!

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis View Post
      Spoiler:
      Disagree.
      Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
        1. Donnie Darko
        2. The Rules of Attraction
        3. Amelie
        4. Pan's Labyrinth
        5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
        6. Pulp Fiction
        7. Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
        8. Moon
        9. Blade Runner
        10. A Clockwork Orange
        11. Zoolander
        12. Snatch
        13. Fight Club
        14. American Psycho
        15. Se7en
        16. Dogma
        17. District 9
        18. The Shining
        19. Inception <--- Latest Tentative Entry
        20. Empire Records

Can't fit a few in here... hm... where to put things like Memento and some other older movies i'm forgetting... hm... i know i'm going to be leaving something out that will be criminal. Oh well.
        Lol good to see fight club and district 9 there
        I dunno about zoolander being higher than fight club and the shining though??
        Anyway nice list

Comment

1. Donnie Darko
          2. The Rules of Attraction
          3. Amelie
          4. Pan's Labyrinth
          5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
          6. Pulp Fiction
          7. Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
          8. Moon
          9. Blade Runner
          10. A Clockwork Orange
          11. Zoolander
          12. Snatch
          13. Fight Club
          14. American Psycho
          15. Se7en
          16. Dogma
          17. District 9
          18. The Shining
          19. Inception <--- Latest Tentative Entry
          20. Empire Records

Can't fit a few in here... hm... where to put things like Memento and some other older movies i'm forgetting... hm... i know i'm going to be leaving something out that will be criminal. Oh well.
          !!! No Lord of The Rings movie in your list!! ADM ban him!
          I'm back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis View Post
            Spoiler:
            Also disagree. Could not disagree more. This is typical "It was a success; let's somehow work around the plot to allow a sub-par follow-up" Hollywood nonsense. The ending was perfect the way it was, and gives viewers something to discuss after they've left the theatre, unlike many many movies.

The only sort of sequel or anything I'd like to see from this is perhaps a comic-book spin-off, or a television series, featuring a new cast of characters and delving more deeply into the world of Inception.
            <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

This movie was alright, I can't believe the love it is getting from the internet. If you are rating the movie outside of its fancy high gloss hollywood visuals, its not that amazing. Its probably the best this year, but it doesn't stand up well next to REAL masterpieces that people are making this movie out to be. The character stories and emotional stands lose their intensity from all the layers of stuff this movie has. Its like making a painting with too many colors, you lose the subtle tones that make master paintings so powerful and hard hitting.

He should have stuck with just his core curiosity of dreams. Much like he did with memory in Momento. But instead it turns into like 3 different movies, and everything gets lost and all you get is a complicated entertainment movie rather than a real work of art that Nolan normally makes.

Its good, and i would watch it again. But there is no reason this movie should be getting the praise it is getting. Its ridiculous. And i like Nolan and Dicaprio a lot, as well as joseph gordon levitt. Oh and the 2001: A space odyssey homage <3
              Last edited by hb02; 08-07-2010, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JTX View Post
                Awesome movie.

For those who have seen it...

Spoiler:
                Spoiler:

Comment

OMGZZZZ... i kow have a copy of the Hans Zimmer soundtrack and a live DVD. This is AWEEEEESSSSSSOOOOMMMMMMEEEEEEE.
                  Live Dvd???

What does it have???

Comment

I was planning to make a new thread for this post, but since this section of the forums isn't as popular I figured that people would actually pay attention to this post.

The day after watching Inception I decided to attempt to have a lucid dream. What is a lucid dream? It is the ability to dream, realise you are dreaming while you are dreaming and then do whatever you want inside your dream. PM me if you want some information on how to do this yourself (if I get a lot of PMs I will do a thread on it).

Anyway, the lucid dream proved to me something incredibly interesting: Inception is REAL people!

What happened is while I was dreaming I was able to realise I was dreaming, and so I decided to spend the day in London with someone very dear to me. Everything was going great, then suddenly I woke up. So I continued to do everything I normally would when I wake up: Brush my teeth, put my dirty clothes in the laundry, the usual. Then all of a sudden I realised that I was still dreaming, and I ACTUALLY woke up.

How much more Inception-like and cool can you get?
                    In a horror story, the victim keeps asking "Why?", but there cannot be any explanation.The unanswered mystery is the one that stays with us the longest, and it's what we'll remember in the end.

Comment

Working...
                    X