Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kill Bill 3

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post

Yeah, I remember after the films were released Tarantino talked about a possible sequel where Nikki would come after the Bride for revenge. At the time I thought (hoped) he was joking... guess not.

I know it's easy to shoot down sequels before they're made, but is there really another story to be told here? Sure you can fill in the gaps, but that doesn't mean you have to.
    Kill Bill was never really my scene to begin with, so it's not like I'm the target demographic or anything, but I honestly don't find the character compelling enough to warrant another sequel. The plot's done, maybe we should leave it at that.

But, hey, at least it's not that Vega brothers/cousins/twins thing.
    "But you've knocked afs off the top 3, which can only be a good thing." -Maddie

Comment

It'll prolly be called Kill Kiddo or something.
      AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
        Actually I remember that episode; but I don't think there's any point speculating one way or the other, it's not the way anyone wants to remember David Carradine.
        I'll always remember him as that wiggly fellow from Lone Wolf McQuade.

I honestly don't find the character compelling enough to warrant another sequel.
        She wasn't really compelling at all. She just did lots of cool shit, and that's why those movies were great.
        NEVER FORGET
        Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
        5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

Originally posted by pocketbannana View Post
          She wasn't really compelling at all. She just did lots of cool shit, and that's why those movies were great.
          I thought that's why those movies were shallow.

But, again, not for me, so I guess I'll stop commenting here now.
          "But you've knocked afs off the top 3, which can only be a good thing." -Maddie

Comment

They were a little bit shallow, but I don't think anyone expected them to be all that deep. It was more of a goofy character study than anything else (like a lot of Tarantino's work).
            NEVER FORGET
            Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
            5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

Loved the soundtracks - Rodriguez and some epic Western background sounds

Characters were awesome too, very memorable and cool.
              Remedy's currently known projects:
              Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

The first film was really a feast for the senses -- especially the final act, from about the point when she gets on the bike and the music kicks starts. One of the few films I'd consider getting a home cinema thingy for. But the whole thing has a comic-book / superhero sensibility to it, and all the characters talk in this 2d, comic-book bravado type speak (the bride in particular, because she's still living in the past). If you don't 'get' that, then yes, you're probably not going to like the film as a whole. Although, I'd say the second one does a better job of fleshing the character out more and her relationship with Bill; and it brings the whole thing back down to earth a bit. But like I said, I don't think the story needs another chapter.

About the only reason I would want to see another one is because I think Uma Thurman is somewhat wasted as actress. Tarantino has a knack for casting people who are still talented, but have been largely ignored by Hollywood, so in that respect, I'm all for it.

But, again, not for me, so I guess I'll stop commenting here now.
                Wow, if only more people on the internet were like this.

Comment

Working...
                X