Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider-Man Reboot / 4 No More

http://www.superherohype.com/news/sp...ws.php?id=8976

It appears Spider-Man 4 has been canned and they are now going ahead with a complete reboot set for 2012.

IMO This is a VERY good thing. The recent trilogy was really WAY more bad than good. Hopefully this time around they can handle the villains correctly.

-No Power Ranger Green Goblin that dies too soon
    - Sandman is a bit super thug, not a sob story good guy at heart...that killed Uncle Ben
    - Venom isn't a scrawny bit char that is born and dies in an hours time
    - Doc Ock doesn't die too soon
    - Harry Osborn could eventually turn into GG2...not Ninja Snowboard Boy that dies

They could launch the whole thing with more of a batman begins style..introduce Norman Osborn and many other chars at first , but not be the full blown villains yet. Maybe take the Spectacular Spiderman style and have Norman have a hand in creating villains...give some bit players like Rhino, Shocker, SANDMAN, ect a go at first...then launch into the big guys like Ock and GG ect in the sequel.

Ya know...have it feel like a true origin, instead of "I'm SPiderman now and my best friends dad just happened to turn into a power ranger directly after that and stole my woman OH!"

SO what do you think?
    AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Re: Spider-Man Reboot / 4 No More

I think they should stop with these shopping titles... The more they try to re-make them, the more the worse they're doing it...
    The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
      I think they should stop with these shopping titles... The more they try to re-make them, the more the worse they're doing it...
      What do you mean? What's the last super hero movie they did a reboot on the series that sucked?

The Incredible Hulk was AGES better than Hulk....and Batman Begins/TDK was WAY better than the cheesy Batman crap that the previous movies had turn into. This is a chance to take the mediocre spidey trilogy that really ignored the source material to be all dramatic and crap and do something better with it.

Comment

Originally posted by BxB402 View Post
        What do you mean? What's the last super hero movie they did a reboot on the series that sucked?

The Incredible Hulk was AGES better than Hulk....and Batman Begins/TDK was WAY better than the cheesy Batman crap that the previous movies had turn into. This is a chance to take the mediocre spidey trilogy that really ignored the source material to be all dramatic and crap and do something better with it.
        I mean they're about to be out of ideas... They already included all heroes and even Spidey's born day...

No comment from me, but i'm very cautious...
        The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
          I mean they're about to be out of ideas... They already included all heroes and even Spidey's born day...

No comment from me, but i'm very cautious...
          Not sure what you mean by they already included all heros...

If you mean villains in spidey, they still haven't used Mysterio, Lizard, Craven, Vulture, Electro, Shocker, Rhino, Kingpen, Scorpion, Hydro Man, Black Cat, Tombstone, Carnage...ect.

If you mean movies based on heros....well they haven;t doen them all yet, and the ones they have done are not all that good. Batman, Hulk and Iron Man have been done justice recently...no one else has.

It's time they do Spidey right for the fans...not for tweens. Tehy don't have to go direct origin for the reboot either...then again, with the way Raimi massacred it, they may have to.

I also have high hopes for Green Lantern and Captain America.

Comment

Hmm.. Well, I don't know about other comics, but Amazing Spider-Man has been build and told in a way that is impossible to made into a correct film. And I suspect every other comic about superheroes is. Villains stay far longer than just a short episode, but that's simple too high goal for films to reach. No budget can hold 20-50 films to tell the story correctly.

I do agree there are things in the Spider-Man films that should have been done differently. For instance, The alien symbiote that becomes Venom when fused with Eddie Brock could have been made to last longer. Because in Spider-Man that menace holds quite a while. Time enough to reproduce it's son Carnnage and it's son toxin. And the fact that it afflicts quite a few villains and heroes along the way.

And many many other villains do a comeback. But that doesn't mean the film series can't do a comeback on some of the villains. Alien symbiote for instance wasn't entirely destroyed in the films.

But what I meant with the imossibility of filming the films with proper plot line(with many acceptable differencies to the comics) is that the stoy is much more easily told with comics. Many characters are dragged on forever in them. But that's just not possible in movies. A TV series might work, but C'mon. Who does a TV series of this magnitude and with a proper budget to give the quality the stories need? No way, not in today's media market..

And I doubt that they will ever make movies with minor villains like Kraven.

I do think that there are things to be changed, and a re-filming is needed
            We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

The thing I hated most about the Spiderman movie trilogy was the unnecesary things. They didn't have to KILL most of the villains, there are better ways of defeat than just killing most of them. They especially didn't have to make it so Sandman killed Uncle Ben, that was just ridiculous. They didn;t have to turn Harry Osborn into some Snowboard Ninja...If Green Goblin 2 was a little too similar...they could have always turned him into Hobgoblin or something more familiar.

That's one thing I tend to hate about movie adaptions of things...they have the ability to do it well...yet they always feel the need to change things in insane ways for no reason and instead of being artistic they just kill everybody eventually. After Spiderman 3 and all the criticism....I bet the script for 4 was doing a lot more of those lame things(bet that Vultress rumor was true) so they decided to say screw it and start over. John Malkovitch as The Vulture was prolly the last straw....nothing against JM...but I already know that would have been another screw up on Raimi's part.

Comment

Working...
              X