The Thing (1982) A Film I Recommend To See

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Thing (1982) A Film I Recommend To See

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thing_(film)

An HD Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J21lBeb5zCo

If anyone has not seem this I recommend to see it. Its got really good special effects for a 1980's film.

I saw this not to long ago, And I loved it.

The Alien has a cool power, when its kills something it can turn in to the thing it kills for example a dog, or HUMAN!!!. And the people at base try to figure how to survive and who to stay away from, cause nobody knows if there an alien in human figure.

MUST SEEE NOWW, GO RENT!!!
    PSN ID: sHELLsHOCK619

Re: The Thing (1982) A Film I Recommend To See

Agreed. This is one of the best horror/thriller movies ever.
    AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

It's even being made a game, but this game isn't worth it. You guys need to see the movie!
      The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

I've seen it. It was quite scary, but I wouldn't say it's the scariest you can get. But as far as quality goes it is an excellent movie.
        We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

I got the blu-ray version for Christmas, haven't seen it yet though.

Great movie. One of John Carpenter's best.

Comment

My favourite horror movie of all time! I think I've sat most of my friends down and forced them to watch it. John Carpenter brilliance!
            Remedy's currently known projects:
            Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

The Thing is my favorite horror film of all time and my favorite John Carpenter film of all time.
              "For he did not know that beyond the lake he called home lies a deeper, darker ocean green, where waves are both wilder and more serene. To its ports I've been. To its ports I've been."

Comment

There was a rumour flying around a while ago that they might remake it. I hope that never happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Gray Fox View Post
                  There was a rumour flying around a while ago that they might remake it. I hope that never happens.
                  If they mean the game, then it definitely needs a remake. It had shitty graphics and was very easy and I did finish it in one day.
                  The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

He meant the movie, and yes, sadly it's going to be remade, however it's meant to be a prequel.
                    If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.

Comment

He certainly did mean the movie, no one could replace Kurt as Macready! Nice to see you again, Salt.

If it's a prequel then I can more than live with that, if it stays true to the original it might even be amazing. :3

Comment

Originally posted by Salt The Fries View Post
                        He meant the movie, and yes, sadly it's going to be remade, however it's meant to be a prequel.
                        Incorrect. The "remake" is a prequel that focuses on the events concerning the Norwegian research team shown in The Thing. I doubt we'll see any of the research team from US Outpost North 31.
                        "For he did not know that beyond the lake he called home lies a deeper, darker ocean green, where waves are both wilder and more serene. To its ports I've been. To its ports I've been."

Comment

If that's true then we won't, the chopper and subsequent events were the first that the research team heard of the Norwegians, IIRC.

Sounds like it could be in a similar vein to HPL's At the Mountains of Madness - hopefully Del Torro will be starting that soon as well.

Comment

Yes, yes, and they're going to ruin it by putting a woman in there...
                            If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.

Comment

As expected from Hollywood. They know how to destroy good classical movies. They even destroyed the classical action movie "Karate Kid", which I loved so much, by parodying it with China's Kung-Fu. I even respected Japanese-American Noriyuki "Pat" Morita, who died recently from heart attack. He was one of the Kingdom Hearts voice actors.

Karate's origin is from Japan, not from China.

I heard a rumor for the movie Death Note being a remake from Hollywood. They dare to destroy good japanese movies... Not only they destroyed Dragonball's kudos, now they're about to do the same with the rest of anime-based live action movies.

Comment

Working...
                              X