The Thing (1982) A Film I Recommend To See

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Thing (1982) A Film I Recommend To See

Argh, remakes. I think Spielberg got the rights to release a Ghost in the Shell live action movie. Hopefully he'll leave the original well alone and concentrate the abuse on the Stand Alone Complex.

Just to put things back on topic...
    Last edited by Gray Fox; 02-20-2010, 11:18 PM.

Comment

It isn't Bennings!
      If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.

Comment

Originally posted by Salt The Fries View Post
        It isn't Bennings!
        But I've known Bennings for years. He's my friend!
        "For he did not know that beyond the lake he called home lies a deeper, darker ocean green, where waves are both wilder and more serene. To its ports I've been. To its ports I've been."

Comment

Yeah, but if it had more time to finish it would have looked and sounded and acted just like Bennings!

Dammit, beaten to it! :C

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9znnfhMvMo
            If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.

Comment

My favourite quote:
              I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS F***ING COUCH!
              Remedy's currently known projects:
              Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Mendicant_Bias View Post
                Incorrect. The "remake" is a prequel that focuses on the events concerning the Norwegian research team shown in The Thing. I doubt we'll see any of the research team from US Outpost North 31.
                Let's just hope it doesn't turn out like Rob Zombie's Halloween...

Comment

Originally posted by shorty View Post
                  Let's just hope it doesn't turn out like Rob Zombie's Halloween...
                  To be fair, Rob Zombie's Halloween was a remake.

The Thing movie that's about to be released is in fact a PREQUEL, showcasing the events of the Norwegian research team, PRIOR to the events of The Thing.

I'm actually glad it's a prequel. If they **** it up, the original remains untarnished.

One more thing. Since we're on the subject of remakes, let's remember they're not all bad. After all, The Thing is a remake of The Thing From Another World.
                  "For he did not know that beyond the lake he called home lies a deeper, darker ocean green, where waves are both wilder and more serene. To its ports I've been. To its ports I've been."

Comment

Yes, theoretically it is a remake, but puts an entirely different spin on it to an extent it's questionable whether to call it a remake or not.

Comment

well we can all agree that this movie is beast and is recommended for anyone thats not seen it.
                      PSN ID: sHELLsHOCK619

Comment

Originally posted by JoYnEr View Post
                        well we can all agree that this movie is beast and is recommended for anyone thats not seen it.
                        Yes.

I had to force my g/f to sit and watch it with me. She loved it. lol
                        AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

Working...
                        X