The Crazies (2010 film)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Crazies (2010 film)

I just saw The Crazies, which is a remake of the 1973 George A. Romero film of the same name. It's not TECHNICALLY a zombie film, but certainly has that zombie look and feel.

It's a horror/thriller film about a mysterious virus that spreads in a small, rural all American town that makes people, well, go apeshit crazy. The military enters the mix. Shit happens.

I really like how much emphasis was put on the small town atmosphere. I think if the Resident Evil film was filmed that way, it would've been better. Of course the RE film would've been better if the story was actually related to RE, but that's another discussion for another time.

If you're expecting to get scared, don't. Nothing about The Crazies was scary, IMO, and the movie goes out of it's way for cheap "jump out at you" scares that fall flat, again IMO. There is a decent amount of humor, though. What the film does well is keeping that small town atmosphere while realistically portraying the military's response to such an event.

Still, all in all, I liked the film and would recommend it to zombie fans or fans of the original or fans of horror/thriller films in general.
    "For he did not know that beyond the lake he called home lies a deeper, darker ocean green, where waves are both wilder and more serene. To its ports I've been. To its ports I've been."

Re: The Crazies (2010 film)

the crazies is a really crazy movie, I saw it and i liked it. i liked the part were the hand saw was about to cut that guys balls off LOL.
    PSN ID: sHELLsHOCK619

Comment

Working...
    X