Best Band You've Seen Live?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Band You've Seen Live?

Simple.....What Is the best or are some of the best live music concert artists you have seen live?

Mine? The best of the best i've had the pleasure to see are:

Rush
    Tool
    Joe Satriani
    and of course.... Black Sabbath.

Honorable mentions: Motorhead, Primus, KISS, The Offspring, Smashing Pumpkins, Cheap Trick, ZZtop, Ted Nugent, Godsmack, Staind, Marilyn Manson, Rammstein, The Misfits, Rancid, Dropkick Murphys, System of a Down, Mindless Self Indulgence, Kottonmouth Kings, Rob Zombie, Slayer, Deftones.....that's all I can think of at this very moment(yes, i've seen an assload of shows).

SO how bout you?
    Last edited by BxB402; 04-24-2010, 08:08 AM.
    AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Re: Best Band You've Seen Live?

Well, my best concert so far was My Bloody Valentine in Manchester at the Apollo Theatre in June 2008, I've been to many concerts, including to some of the bands you mentioned (Slayer - I've even met Kerry King and got his autograph, Tool, etc.), but nothing comes close to My Bloody Valentine.
    If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.

Comment

My favourites are probably these:

- First time Mono at Rock Herk.
      - Hermano in Brussels
      - Queens Of The Stone Age at Werchter.
      - Them Crooked Vultures in Cologne

These shows seriously blew me away.
      Open up the broken cup
      Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

BTW, I'm adding AFI to my list in June. My lady is super duper excited. lol
        AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

Originally posted by One Eyed Jack View Post
          Queens Of The Stone Age at Werchter.
          I've seen them in Berlin at Columbiahalle, I've met Joey and Dean after the concert, talked to them for a while, and got their autographs as well. I've got a video bootleg (and you can see me there numerous times), I've got an audio bootleg as well.
          If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.

Comment

In Scotland we're really lucky to have this incredible folk/acoustic festival in Glasgow every January called Celtic Connections. As a result, Scotland's become a real magnet for traditional music.

Anyway, these are people I'd recommend seeing live:
            Pokey LaFarge
            Abigail Washburn / The Sparrow Quartet
            Eliza Carthy
            Moishe's Bagel
            Kathryn Tickell

I doubt it comes across on the videos, but all of these performers left me stunned, especially Abigail Washburn... I guess you had to be there.

Other memorable concerts I've been to in the last few years include:

-Leonard Cohen at Edinburgh Castle.
            -Bob Dylan at Glasgow Barrowlands and the SECC
            -The Pretenders at the ABC last year (same night as Springsteen was playing).
            -Ray Davis (I can't remember where it was)
            Last edited by Maddieman; 04-24-2010, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Muse, the Smashing Pumpkins, and Flight of the Conchords!

Breaking Benjamin and Chevelle were really good live as well. I havent been listening to much of either recently, though. My musical taste is ever changing.

Comment

Metallica , Slayer , Megadeth , Iced Earth , Black Sabbath , Death , GodGory , Nirvana , Pink Floyd , Tool , Opeth , Demons And Wizards & ...

Comment

The best live band I have seen is Bowling for Soup. They really know how to put up a good show while playing.

Other good bands I have seen live are Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Deep Purpe (I had a backstage pass jay!), Turbonegro, Dream Theatre, Linkin Park, Marylin Manson and Dimmu borgir (the music is horrible but the show was pretty good.)

Comment

Ummmh, Deep Purple was very good. But I gotta say my number 1. is Freedom Call, The amount of positive energy is incredible!

Comment

Originally posted by Salt The Fries View Post
                      I've seen them in Berlin at Columbiahalle, I've met Joey and Dean after the concert, talked to them for a while, and got their autographs as well. I've got a video bootleg (and you can see me there numerous times), I've got an audio bootleg as well.
                      Yeah, I've got a couple of berlin bootlegs. They were nice shows but the Werchter 07 show is by far one of the best Queens shows ever.

I spoke to all the guys in antwerp. Josh is a weird man, but funny as hell.
                      Open up the broken cup
                      Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

For me The Prodigy was definitely the best band I've seen live...it was last summer on an Open Air Festival.
                        I think other good bands were these one

Volbeat
                        Slipknot

Comment

^ Are you from Poland?

Comment

Rage Against the Machine - 50,000 people who know all the words + my favourite guitarist, Tom Morello
                            Blue Oyster Cult - Amazing guitar solos by Buck Dharma, I almost cried they were so mind-blowing

Kudos for long setlists go to Pearl Jam and the Foo Fighters.
                            Remedy's currently known projects:
                            Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Deftones - Machinaria (Brazil)

Man, that show was SO epic! Chino come to the public and sing with us, and i was SO close! He's singing Change... Oh man...
                              "Now I am become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds"

Comment

Working...
                              X