Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Feature: Two Movies Back to Back!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Feature: Two Movies Back to Back!

If you would kindly indulge my self-promotion here...

I do a podcast called Double Feature. If you're one of the few people who likes both podcasts AND movies you can check it out!

Double Feature

That's just an example of one episode, you can find a ton of different ones on the site. Each show we analyze two different movies, back to back. I should probably mention that it's not only vulgar but spoiler inclusive. We get pretty in depth and that often involves talking about the end of the films as well.

If you end up taking a listen, even if it's not your cup of tea, reply to this thread and let me know. You'll warm my heat and whatnot.
    http://brightfalls.blogspot.com

Re: Double Feature: Two Movies Back to Back!

I just finished listening to the Black Dynamite/Hero episode. It was alright. You guys seem to really have a passion for film, but at the same time you have sort of a wide-eyed, almost naive way of speaking about them, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I tend to like my podcasters a little bit more jaded and crude, but I may give some other episodes a listen. I'm pretty big on Asian cinema, so I'll probably listen to the Battle Royale one next.

Also, your designer is pretty great, they're the reason I even bothered clicking on your link. A lot of people don't realize how important having something pretty to look at while navigating is.
    NEVER FORGET
    Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
    5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

Thanks! I do the design as well.

The outlook is intentional. We don't do the week's new films or anything, we pick slightly older movies...so we really only pick stuff we link. We try to keep things positive, unless a movie does something really stupid. If you want a good example of that, try something like Theodore Rex + The Secret, we tear those apart.

Comment

Ah, I see. A lot of podcasters tend to go back over and over about things they really like, so that's cool. I will give that one a listen.

Do you guys usually keep the same basic formula? I love The Prestige, but I've never seen the other film, and it seems like you guys discuss each film semi-independent from one another.
        Last edited by pocketbannana; 05-07-2010, 03:50 AM.
        NEVER FORGET
        Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
        5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

Yeah, there's usually a general reason we pair the two but we try to keep the spoiler stuff specific to each film. If you listen to the podcast in iTunes there's also chapters to skip between the different sections as well.

Glad you listened to it though, thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X