Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Sky

Hey guys,

I wanna take this opportunity to shamelessly pimp the movie my friends are making. It's called Iron Sky, and it's looking fantastic. I could talk about it in great detail, but frankly, if the phrase "Moon Nazis attack the Earth" doesn't get you excited, there's something wrong with you and you need to sit down and think very hard about whether your life is even worth living.

Their brand new teaser just came out yesterday, and you can check it out at www.ironsky.net -- and you can also help them out a little, if you're so inclined.

I'm buzzed about the whole thing. They're great guys, they've worked hard on this sucker, and it really shows -- and they've got friggin' Laibach doing the soundtrack. How is that not awesome?
    Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Re: Iron Sky

I actually heard about that one a while ago. Nazis coming from the moon. Now that's a premise.
    Looking forward to it.
    Open up the broken cup
    Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

You can actually help out directly with making Iron Sky through Wreckamovie, an open production platform which was founded by the producers of the film:

http://www.wreckamovie.com/iron-sky

When they need help with the film they post tasks, and anyone can post a shot to try and solve the task. For example the teaser Mikki linked to had the opening CG text done by WAM members:

http://www.wreckamovie.com/productions/iron-sky/tasks

There's also an Iron Sky game in production which is being made collaboratively through Wreckamovie, but that's at a much earlier stage:

http://www.wreckamovie.com/ironskyoperationhighjump

http://www.wreckamovie.com/productio...highjump/tasks

Comment

Looks cool, I liked that 2nd teaser trailer. The CGI was pretty impressive too!
        Remedy's currently known projects:
        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

The trailer looks great and I am looking forward to seeing more considering this is from the makers of Star Wreck which was very entertaining. I ended up buying a copy of Star Wreck from my local Best Buy, my very small contribution to support the Finnish movie industry
          "The avalanche has already started - we are only the pebbles in its way."

Comment

What the hell?! Your friends are making Iron Sky? Awesome! It's been long in the making and is sure to rock my socks!
            KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Iron Sky - Making of Teaser

Man, this movie looks awesome!
              "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
              -Tyler Durden

Comment

Seems like Mikki is writing the script for the Iron Sky prequel comics.

That's sweet! I also bought a Behind The Scenes ticket to see the first 5 minutes in the making.
                KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Awesome one. It looks like a sci-fi movie. Need to watch it someday, when it gets its ass here at Greece.

BTW, I wonder how did they do this sci-fi scenery. I always wondered about that since Star Wars series. There'd be no way to create such humongous places like this armory, so that's why I wonder.
                  The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Ive read much about it and thinks its a totally Trashy story, and i reallylike that....In a good way of course like Planet Terror Trash, i recently read an interview with the Director in the currently issue from Virus, a german Horrormovie Magazine, and it sounds really really interesting.
                    Last edited by MrSelf-Destruct; 02-09-2011, 04:30 AM.
                    "Reality is overrated."

Comment

Originally posted by AnttiApina View Post
                      Seems like Mikki is writing the script for the Iron Sky prequel comics.
                      That's right. I can't really talk about it -- boy, there's a change from what you're used to, right? -- but I can say that I just finished the final draft of the first issue's script a couple of days ago. (Just to be absolutely clear, that's something I'm doing on my own time; it's got nothing to do with Remedy.)

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
                      BTW, I wonder how did they do this sci-fi scenery. I always wondered about that since Star Wars series. There'd be no way to create such humongous places like this armory, so that's why I wonder.
                      Sometimes they do actually create humongous places, but more typically they use matte paintings or CGI. (In Iron Sky's case, they tend to go with CGI.)

Originally posted by MrSelf-Destruct View Post
                      Ive read much about it and thinks its a totally Trashy story, and i reallylike that....In a good way of course like Planet Terror Trash, i recently read an interview with the Director in the currently issue from Virus, a german Horrormovie Magazine, and it sounds really really interesting.
                      Well, it's not quite as firmly in the "intentionally crappy" category as Planet Terror, but it is a black comedy. =)
                      Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
                        Well, it's not quite as firmly in the "intentionally crappy" category as Planet Terror, but it is a black comedy. =)
                        I know and i love this kind of Movies, holy Fishstick i want to see it......
                        "Reality is overrated."

Comment

Originally posted by MrSelf-Destruct View Post
                          I know and i love this kind of Movies, holy Fishstick i want to see it......
                          Well, they just finished shooting, so you won't have to wait that long for it to come out. =)

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
                            Well, they just finished shooting, so you won't have to wait that long for it to come out. =)
                            Yeah they where recently shooting in Frankfurt, but i think over here in Germany we wont see this Movie till 2012 unfortunenatly. I just hope he gets his uncut release or i have to wait even longer for a uncut release in austria and import it.
                            "Reality is overrated."

Comment

Whoa, I just realized that I didn't plug the comic here. I must be getting old or something...

Anyway! You can read the first Iron Sky prequel issue for free at the Iron Sky website (link below). They're gearing up for launching the movie, so this stuff is starting to come out. There'll be two more issues to come after this one.

I think it turned out pretty well -- it was fun working on something that had a completely different tone for a change. Variety is the spice of life, after all!

Check it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X