No announcement yet.

Where is your favourite place to read?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where is your favourite place to read?

Originally posted by djshauny1 View Post
    lol at this thread
    Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by arenee View Post
      where i normally read is at restaurants and when i'm waiting for appointments. i keep something to read in the car. also read on planes and a half hour before i go to sleep during vacations. if i read at home, i'm usually in the bed in front of the flat screen. but my fave place to read is on any balcony on a beach 90 plus degrees outside, sun streaming on me.
      I usually read in the train. I can't stand reading in the car, because of that traveler's nausea. Can't stand it. If this nausea hits me, then I sleep till I recover.

Originally posted by Master_Moridin View Post
      Surprisingly, at a school desk. Those things are just the right height to rest my book so i can read without hurting my neck.
      Well, the opposite happens to me. It HURTS the back of my neck, of course.

Best thing for me is to rest in my bed and with a cushion at my neck's back, I can read with ease.
      The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Originally posted by Sneeze View Post
        In bed. That's really the only place I read now. Its the only place that's quiet enough for me to concentrate properly.
        The same as me.

Unless it's a magazine then I don't need to concentrate really.
        In a horror story, the victim keeps asking "Why?", but there cannot be any explanation.The unanswered mystery is the one that stays with us the longest, and it's what we'll remember in the end.

Comment

Not on my bed. I tend to sleep. I rather read on our dining room or any peaceful place, but not too peaceful that I get to sleep.

Comment

Toilet, just like 90% of Sol's population. I need something else to do while the trapdoor is open and with a convenient pile of gaming magazines in the corner it just kinda pans out right.

I agree with whoever noted the 'uber comfy reading chair', there's no place more comfortable than the toilet (until my legs go numb), but a chair specifically designed for reading would change that.

I think Sumolounge has that covered.
            Encounter. I Will Kill.

Comment

Hammock with some weirdly named drink that i have no idea what is in it next to me.
              Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Probably my Toilet, seriously i allways read a something while i sit there.
                "Reality is overrated."

Comment

I'd say It depends on the book. ATM I'm reading "dances with wolves" and I prefer to read it outside in the sunshine. It's just as brilliant as the movie or even more so because in books you usually get more details and background information than in movies. I've watched to movie 3 or 4 times but reading the book reveals so many things which are portrayed too subtle in the movie to notice.

"Toilet" seems to be a classic answer
                  Speaking of which: Did anybody ever drop a book/magazine into the pot by accident or because the book was "shit"?!?
                  Last edited by jester131; 10-01-2011, 12:20 PM.
                  If you like the actor JAMES McCAFFREY you NEED to watch my James McCaffrey COLLECTION

Comment

My favourite place to read is most likely during breaks at school. Usually when I read something, I interrupt my focus on reading by doing something like knock my fingers on the wall/floor/legs all the time. When I'm at school, I can focus on reading way easier, even when it's very loud. I can even focus about reading the book so much I forget, that I need to go to class xD
                    I should put something great to this signature, right? Well...Cake is great, isin't it? Everyone knows cakes are delicious!

Comment

Working...
                    X