Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time traveler using cellphone in 1928 Chaplin film???!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time traveler using cellphone in 1928 Chaplin film???!!

The footage is from the premier, not part of the film itself. It's generating quite a buzz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6a4T2tJaSU

Re: Time traveler using cellphone in 1928 Chaplin film???!!

Not convinced at all. Pretty sure there's at least 10 different logical explanations for what is going on there that i can come up with. Btw looks like a man more than a woman.
    Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

time travel gives me a nerdgasm. i don't buy this video as proof but i love theoretical science, especially when utilized well in fiction like lost and fringe and the x-files.

Comment

Pretty sure there's at least 10 different logical explanations for what is going on there that i can come up with.
        Still waiting for these.

Comment

I think the burden of proof falls pretty squarely on anyone who claims that it is a cell phone. Hey, maybe she just got punched in the face and is holding an ice pack to her cheek and then talks to someone off-camera.

(Never mind that cell phones require things like cellular towers and whatnot to work, there'd be nobody you could call, everybody seems to completely ignore the crazy lady who's talking to herself, and she steps right in front of the camera like she had nothing to hide...)

Not that any of this discourages anybody who's inclined to believe something like this. Facts or reasonable expectations or Occam's Razor just aren't things that concern some people a whole lot...
          Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Rot. Enough with your "scientific method" and disproving things. I want 10 logical explanations for what I'm seeing, or it's Time Travel™.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
              Rot. Enough with your "scientific method" and disproving things. I want 10 logical explanations for what I'm seeing, or it's Time Travel™.
              Silence. Or I will use fists.
              Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Argumentum ad Baculum? Tsk.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
                  Argumentum ad Baculum? Tsk.
                  Eh, it's how all the cool guys do it.

Comment

Interesting!
                    I rarely reply to topics.

Comment

Well #1, there's an old hearing aid device that looks kind of like a wooden spout (hoping you guys have the right mental image) that was popular around the time this was taken and then let's say that person is crazy and are talking to themselves or is grumbling about something off screen.

^^ Perfectly logical explanantion.
                      Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Working...
                      X