Clear All

• GunGrave TZA
    started a poll Avatar Vs Titanic

31.37%
    Titanic
    52.94%
    I like chicken. D:
    15.69%
    Hey guys, in your opinion what film is better and why? I just randomly thought it'd be a good comparison since they're both from the same director and share the same criticism and arguments in support of them (the actual experiance of watching it vs the actual content of the movie).

For me it's Titanic. Yes it's cheesy as hell, but at least it's not a rehash of another movie.

• Lowpayne911
    replied
    Re: Avatar Vs Titanic

I enjoyed them both, if I had to pick, I would probably pick The Titanic.
    Although that's because it was a little more down to earth, I still enjoyed Avatar's adventure and creativity.

Leave a comment:

• Lunapocalypse
    replied

Both of them are a joke to society.

Aliens is historically correct.

Leave a comment:

• M.O.T.H.
    replied

I cant even bring myself to watch all of Avatar. It's soooo boring. Not my thing at all. I was really excited when I first heard about it...all that excitement died, when I finally saw the native american...uhhh...aliens, they were using.

10 foot tall native american esque blue kitties. ? No thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Kitt
    replied

I'm going to have to go with Pocahontas.

Leave a comment:

• JackGordon
    replied

Both Titanic & Avatar (which I haven't seen because of my profound hate for Cameron) are probably equally shit. And I don't like chicken because I don't eat meat.
    Originally posted by GunGrave TZA View Post
    Even Alien 3?

Alien 3 was great, it's not the masterpiece that the first 2 were, but it's still a great movie. Watch the Assembley Cut and you'll see what I mean (adds around 30 minutes of new footage and a new opening).

And what? There was a fourth Alien film-

Oh THAT one.

No. That's just a crappy fan fiction.

Moving on.
    I'm one of the few that thinks that Alien³ Assembly Cut is the best of the series. In fact it's my all-time favorite movie. The tone of the film, the music, the characters, the creature, ... All very dark and moody. All so very, very Finchie.

Leave a comment:

• Kahr
    replied

I like chicken. D:

Leave a comment:

• kevinlipo
    replied

Titanic is a classic. I also like Avatar, but Titanic is far the best movie for me. The story is very moving. The effects and stunts are great. Aside from that, Kate is really stunning in the movie.

Leave a comment:

• shorty
    replied

Didn't like any of them..

But yeah, Aliens is sweet!

Leave a comment:

• GunGrave TZA
    replied

Even Alien 3?

Alien 3 was great, it's not the masterpiece that the first 2 were, but it's still a great movie. Watch the Assembley Cut and you'll see what I mean (adds around 30 minutes of new footage and a new opening).

And what? There was a fourth Alien film-

Oh THAT one.

No. That's just a crappy fan fiction.

Moving on.

Leave a comment:

• yogibbear
    replied

Aliens, Alien, Alien 4 and even Alien 3 have all been great. I love them all.

Leave a comment:

• GunGrave TZA
    replied

Originally posted by Morry View Post
    As an action movie, I rate it as one of the best action movies of the past 2 decades.
    As a sci-fi thriller, it still provides ample amounts of mystique and psychological terror, just not as subtle as the first movie.
    Pah, subtle. It took them a whole movie to kill one alien in the original movie, they killed around 300 within the entirety of Aliens.

Leave a comment:

• AnttiApina
    replied

Avatar was horrible, an example of where the cinema has gone today.
    Pointless action, below average plot and 3D.

Leave a comment:

• Maddieman
    replied

Hmm, okay, Aliens...

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Maddieman; 12-19-2010, 02:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Morry
    replied

Originally posted by GunGrave TZA View Post
    Maddie, nice choice.

Can you honestly PLEASE explain to me what is so great about it? I watched Alien then Aliens, and while it's a very good action film it's just NOTHING like Alien. Why is it a classic?
    As an action movie, I rate it as one of the best action movies of the past 2 decades.
    As a sci-fi thriller, it still provides ample amounts of mystique and psychological terror, just not as subtle as the first movie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X