The Rebirth of Music

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rebirth of Music

This thread is to create extra attention to the matter before us! "The Rebirth of Music."

Being a Metal-head, I find that I dislike "new" pop/mainstream music. Anything starting or ending with "Beiber, Katy (Perry), 'Eminem,' or Rihanna," makes me cringe. Music has become nothing more than a few computer tracks lain down against an auto-tuned voice. So, I propose this to you:

Let us band together and make revolution! Make it so they would put ROCK/GRUNGE/METAL/PUNK music back to number one!

In truth those genres are "lost." In theory, the only Metal Bands left, are under the sub-genre, "Nu Metal," which rudely disgrace Metal, with a voice of a boy/man. Terrible singing pointless lyrics, and "make your ears bleed," in a bad way. There are no new true Rock bands, that does not include, "Green Day" or the "Black Eyed Peas."

Don't take this the wrong way, this is not a hate thread, it's simply sheer dislike of new music, and the virtue to revitalize legendary music, (extending as far as to Mozart, Beethoven, Strauss, Handel, etc.) But in general, Rock/Metal/Grunge/Punk, and their old sub-genres.

Henceforth, if you feel in such a way, ("Bring back the good stuff!") Make sure to "Like" this FaceBook page, and spread word about the rebirth!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...21340807939577

(Examples of Legendary bands: AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Guns 'n Roses, Nirvana, KISS, Megadeth, Metallica, Van Halen, Iggy Pop & the Stooges, MC5, Pantera, Iron Claw, Aerosmith, Slayer, extending as far as, Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, Steve Vai, Ozzy Osbourne, Joe Perry, and other artists/bands.)
    Last edited by Viceroy Phoenix; 03-05-2011, 02:06 AM.

Father Thor...bless this war.

Re: The Rebirth of Music

Its true that pop music changes.. But i don't know if most forum-goers would base music on chart music. The magic is finding it!

Comment

There's lots of good music out there today: Petri Alanko, Martin O'Donnell, Hans Zimmer, Steve Jablonsky, John Williams, Jeremy Soule, Akira Yamaoka, Bear McCreary and many others. To bad all this great music is so hard to find, it's never in any stores (my Walmart completely removed that section a few months ago, and even when they had it they didn't have much).

Comment

I will absolutely support this, though I'd say that there are still many good new bands and musicians out there. And just like Jon253 said, such good stuff can sometimes be hard to come by.

Personally I have been listening to rock and metal since I was 14 and have been "there", "listened to this" and "heard that". I find that even the rock genre is getting a bit generic in it's style. Even though there are options, new bands seem to go for the ones I don't bother listening too much. It is, in fact so that I can't seem to bother listening to much anything else than progressive or avant-garde metal/rock anymore. Sure, there are a lot of exceptions, but in general..

I would personally suggest Arcturus. Borknagar, Ayreon and Dream Theather, but I know that such bands are a bit hard for a newcomer to just go and try, I'd suggest more like Rammstein, Nirvana, The Beatles, Metallica, Radiohead, Audioslave, Offspring and even Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne himself.

But like I said, no music style is solely perfect and the best. You get some good in all of 'em. I just fancy Rock, Metal, Classic and Soundtrack music since they offer the variation I so desperately need in music. When I want words I will turn to all that stuff that comes from the radio. Maybe when I am in the car I might listen to dance music and so on and so on..
        We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Rock, Grunge, Punk and Metal all still have new bands popping up and putting out music, the problem is a lot of it isn't that great or different from what's been done before. The old bands were good, but eventually something else has to take their place. Music evolves. Pretty much the only thing you can do is listen to what you like and ignore everything else.

Comment

Music does evolve, I agree with that completely. What I can't stand these days is that instead of just having good music, you have these plastic, ultra-polished little packages. Let me give an example of what I mean. If say, Bob Dylan or Janis Joplin were young and auditioned for American Idol, they never would have made it through Hell Week. And what a loss that would be in the world of music! Companies aren't satisfied with talent alone, and what happens is the message is lost in the money-making.
            Avoid fruit and nuts; after all, you are what you eat.
            -Garfield the Cat

Comment

^ Seconded. Unfortunately parasites have infiltrated every music genre known to man so these days one must dig really, really deep to find music that is meaningful and carries an important message.
              "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
              (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Comment

Or play a couple of really good games and discover Poets of the Fall. (Sorry, had to add that in!)
                Avoid fruit and nuts; after all, you are what you eat.
                -Garfield the Cat

Comment

I think they're rubbish but that's just me
                  "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
                  (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Comment

Poets of the Fall aren't bad so to speak...(better than some other rudimentary junk I've had the misfortune to listen to...) but they aren't a set genre. They have their good music and their not-so-amazing music. Just like every other band.

The Poets of the Fall are "A-OKAY," and are certainly better than..."pop," but in their respective places.

Father Thor...bless this war.

Comment

Poets of the Fall aren't that bad, I liked them in the game and I looked them up afterwards and listen to more songs, and thought they were pretty good.

The one song choice in a video game that I didn't like at all was putting Eminem in the credits of Call of Duty: Black Ops. When I got to that after beating the game I stopped and thought "Seriously?"

Comment

Working...
                      X