Silent Hill 2: Revelation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill 2: Revelation

RISING STARS ADELAIDE CLEMENS & KIT HARINGTON TO TOPLINE SAMUEL HADIDA & DON CARMODY’S SILENT HILL: REVELATION 3D

FILM BASED ON THE BEST SELLING KONAMI VIDEOGAME FRANCHISE TO BEGIN LENSING ON MARCH 7 IN TORONTO

Toronto, Canada – March 7, 2011: Davis Films producer Samuel Hadida and Don Carmody announced today that rising star Adelaide Clemens (X-Men Origins : Wolverine, Vampire, Camilla Dickinson, Wasted on the Young, next starring in Mad Max: Fury Road) and Kit Harington (HBO’s upcoming series Game of Thrones) will top-line Silent Hill: Revelation 3D. The film begins lensing in Toronto on March 7th and is directed by Michael J. Bassett (Solomon Kane, Deathwatch). Alliance Films will distribute in Canada. International sales are being handled by Lionsgate.

Hadida and Carmody most recently produced Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D starring Milla Jovovich, Ali Larter, and Wentworth Miller. Past collaborations include Resident Evil: Apocalypse and the earlier Silent Hill.

Hadida said: “We are all excited to have the Silent Hill team reunited in Toronto. With Michael at the helm, we will be building on the first film and taking Silent Hill into new territory with an exciting storyline and visuals that should grab both new audiences and fans of the Silent Hill franchise.”

Carmody added: “Adelaide is breaking out of the indie world with commercial features such as X-Men and the upcoming Mad Max: Fury Road. She and Kit are emerging young talent and their chemistry and dynamics make them a brilliant addition to the Silent Hill team.”

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D is based on the acclaimed survival horror videogame franchise by KONAMI and is the sequel to Hadida and Carmody’s earlier Silent Hill directed by Christophe Gans. For years, Heather Mason (Clemens) and her father have been on the run, always one step ahead of dangerous forces that she doesn’t fully understand. Now on the eve of her 18th birthday, plagued by terrifying nightmares and the disappearance of her father, Heather discovers she’s not who she thinks she is. The revelation leads her deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her in Silent Hill forever.
    Can't wait

Re: Silent Hill 2: Revelation

Considering that this is a movie (yes yes, a movie based on a game, but still...), I'm going to move it to the forum below this one.

That said, I am very excited to see what they can do with a second movie. As much as they messed up the story in the first one (blergh), it was still awesome to watch so many great memories come to life on the big screen. I'm not expecting much in terms of the story this time either, but hopefully we'll see more of the awesomeness of all things Silent Hill come to life on the big screen yet again!
    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

The new writer/director says he wants to connect the mythology of the games to the film in this one (he's replacing Gans and Avery, thank god) so we can expect better from this film Glad we're actually getting Heather Mason in her game form (unlike poor Harry Mason who became Rose DaSilva xD)

Comment

Looks fine, can't wait! Maybe this one will be scary hehe
        Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
        Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Well, we can always hope. I would not be upset should they actually portray a well written story in the movie, much like the games. That would be fantastic.

Also, I actually wouldn't mind if they just left the game characters alone, and expanded on the Silent Hill universe with movies that have no direct connection to game characters (indirect could be interesting though).
          "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

I'm looking forward to watching it when it comes out.

I thought the first one was good, I didn't even know about the series until I saw the movie one day on demand. The description said it was based on a video game so I went and looked it up.

Comment

I liked the first movie (at least the first half) because they respected the art, the darkness, and of course, the music. I can understand why they decided to go with Rose rather than Harry, too. Of all the films based on a game, I think SH came the closest to retaining the theme and spirit of the original material. We can only hope this next one will do justice to the series.
              Avoid fruit and nuts; after all, you are what you eat.
              -Garfield the Cat

Comment

They chose the correct actor to act as Heather Mason. I'd love to see Harry Mason in Cinema. I'd love to see how did Cybil Bennett and Lisa Garland survive this hell.
                The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

This is going to blow.

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
                  I'd love to see how did Cybil Bennett and Lisa Garland survive this hell.
                  Spoiler:
                  Last edited by JackGordon; 03-08-2011, 09:01 AM.
                  "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
                  (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Comment

I hope Heather and Vincent retain their famous lines

Vincent: Heather, go ahead and kill this crazy bitch!

and

Heather: Shut your stinking mouth bitch!

Comment

Sean Bean, Rahda Mitchell and Deborah Ugner (Dahlia) are returning

Comment

All two-minute cameo's
                        "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
                        (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Comment

I can see Rose having quite a big role, she's been trapped in the Otherworld for years

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy View Post
                            Sean Bean, Rahda Mitchell and Deborah Ugner (Dahlia) are returning
                            Uff. Why? Oh why?

Comment

Loved the Silent Hill film. I just remember savoring that moment in the theater years ago, watching as Radha ventured down the steps in mystic motion with the disharmony of the gruesomely morbid siren and it's unfailingly low wail. If i ever heard a siren like that, I would probably think the world was coming to an end.
                              Quote - "Either I get to Burger Shot, or someone is getting shot!" Disgruntled LC Resident.

Comment

Working...
                              X