Favorite Book?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Book?

@Kahr: Whoa, I didn't read previous posts before I posted mine! Looks like I should have. I didn't realize other people read these books! Best series I've ever read.

Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind. Part of the "The Sword of Truth" series.
    I rarely reply to topics.

Comment

Short stories of soviet writer Daniil Harms (kharms?)
      At least they made a collection of them in finnish under name Sattumia
      (Happenings, roughly translated)
      Wonder if they ever published them in english.
      Art is not about technique or skill. It's about your soul you put on your work

Comment

Fight Club will ever be my favourite Book, I cant say how many times i read it since i buyed it. Tyler just changed the way i see my life.
        "Reality is overrated."

Comment

My favorite read would be The Neverending Story by Michael Ende, second being Insomnia by Stephen King.

Other then that I'm a huge Nietzsche reader, like JackGordon here, I've read Antichrist, Twilight of the Idols, Human all too Human, Ecco Homo and Thus Spole Zarathusa.

Third, back to fiction again, I always loved the Horrowitz stories and some of Clive Barkers work. And then something very different again, I've read as good as all Sherlock Holmes books from A. Conan Doyle

And then the old Batman comics ^^
          *Spread the Teddycult!*

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ninjat...22685397758086

Comment

3X Carlin: An Orgy of George.

I like the comedians work so I ended up enjoying his written work as well.
            "Keep calm, and be grateful."

Comment

Shift your gaze to my avatar.

10 points to anyone who can guess it even with the cut off text.
              Last edited by Olek; 02-05-2012, 06:07 AM.
              "But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?"
              — Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Olek View Post
                Shift your gaze to my avatar.

10 points to anyone who can guess it even with the cut off text.
                That, my friend, would be the uncut version of The Stand, thankya very much!

I adore King. I just read 11/22/63, and thought it was phenomenal. Best thing he's written in a long time.

As far as favorite books go? Everyone owes it to themselves to read The Night Country by Stewart O'Nan. And nobody writes creepier short stories than Thomas Ligotti. In particular, I urge you to seek out "The Red Tower."
                This Should Mean Something...

Comment

Working...
                X