Sick of 3D Movies?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick of 3D Movies?

As we all know, 3D movies are being used a lot more than they use to be. It use to be a cool event that would come around here and there, but now they're EVERYWHERE. I don't watch 3D movies because it's not worth the headache, and they feel different than they use to. I saw Step Up 3D, and the movie was not that great, and I was told that the first one was the best anyway. 3D movies are overused now, and I don't think it's necessary to put so many movies in 3D. There was Jackass 3D, Avatar 3D, Never Say Never 3D, The Last Airbender 3D, Saw 3D, Shrek 3D. I could go on (And I didn't see half these movies)

Are you tired of all the 3D movies, or does it not bother you?
    A cold wind blew into his face, chilling him to the bone. He stopped and looked up at the gray sky which soon would be a black as his thoughts.

Re: Sick of 3D Movies?

I'm not tired of this 3D fad simply because I did not buy into it. I haven't been to an actual theatre since I went to see The Dark Knight (2008).

But it does bother me because it's one of the reasons why going to the movies has become a luxury.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Comment

I didn't fall for the money grab either. I have no interest in seeing a moving if it is 3D. I'd much rather spend a few less dollars and see it 2D.
      I rarely reply to topics.

Comment

I've never seen a movie in 3D. Well part of the reason is that we just got a 3D theater in my hometown.

Perhaps I'll watch one and tell me my opinion then. But really, in my opinion it's just a fad. Just like the original "3D" it was Hollywood's way assuring money during bad times.
        KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

I watched Avatar in 3D back then. I prefer 2D, 3D had bad colours, very dark, like watching a movie with sunglasses on. A little let down if you ask me
          Thou I would welcome 3D if it's made right! Now it's far from perfect.

Comment

Avatar was rubbish as a movie and the 3D was the only interesting part. But i got bored of it after 5 mins into the movie....

I've also seen Alice in Wonderland and.... hmm.... something else in 3D. Both didn't need it and it was the crappy post-filming version (as compared to avatar).

Don't rate it at all. I still buy DVDs and not BluRays as well.
            Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

I think Avatar was watchable, but definitely not worth the hype.
              Story was interesting at first but meh, it turned so disney. I liked the world, and visuals looked nice. That's pretty much it.

Comment

Avatar seemed so like just a huge visuals test run. 3D made it look damn good, but it just didn't make the movie in itself any better.

I think 3D has some value, but at the moment it's too much of a hassle to watch a 3D movie that it is not worth it. The glasses are horrible, and although companies like Toshiba and Nintendo are pushing to the comfort zone of "no glasses" and such, it's still at a very early state.

Maybe, after 1-3 years when it has reached some form of standard and is easier to watch, it will make some(if none) difference.

3D is a nice idea in itself, but at the moment, it seems more of a handicap than a bonus.
                We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Hollywood has been trying to do the 3D thing for decades - it's never taken off. This has been the most successful attempt, hence the milking, but it's still just visual illusion -- what people want are good, well told stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
                    what people want are good, well told stories
                    No, that is what you and I want. The people want explosions and guns and robots and Brad Pitt and 'USA saves the day' and sparkling teenage vampires pretending to be real actors.
                    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
                    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Comment

its a ploy to get people into movie theatres which are failing more every year. Nothing more.

Comment

I watched a lot of 3D movies/animations (I guess around 20), but there are 3 big drawbacks for me:

1. Desaturated colors - thanks to polarized glasses.
                        2. Glasses. Not the most comfortable thing in the world to put on your regular glasses even though these are quite small, light and thin.
                        3. My eyes get tired. We have an advanced 3D cinema in town, but even so I get tired. My wife feels sick sometimes. Not everyone feels good after such movies.

I also bought a new 47" screen for my flat, but not 3D. I will buy 3D TV once these will work without any glasses. I believe there are no such models for sale yet - only prototypes.
                        If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

I get headaches. Not worth the trouble.
                          Avoid fruit and nuts; after all, you are what you eat.
                          -Garfield the Cat

Comment

Working...
                          X