Half light - Alan Wake ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half light - Alan Wake ?

hey hey, i'm really sorry if you guys discussed that topic earlier, but something sounded so familiar in this plot to me:

"After the tragic drowning of her 5 year old son, best selling thriller novelist Rachel Carlson moves to a remote cottage on the Scottish coast. But Rachel's demons have followed him as loneliness and paranoia leave him not knowing what's real and what's imagination in the fight to save his life."

.... half light. demi moore. will watch it tomorrow ..

ah and btw it reminds me of an old drawing of mine Hmmm....

Time for discussion !

Greetings, Adam

Re: Half light - Alan Wake ?

Demi Moore...scary?

I guess you could call the storyline quite a common one, the writer going through tough times and his stories seem to become real. It's all about the delivery.

Good drawing by the way, Adam.
    Remedy's currently known projects:
    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

I've seen the movie, but I don't think anything of it seemed any familiar to Alan Wake. Not from what I've read about Alan Wake.
      "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

and what about the setting ? Q__Q' the lighthouse? xDD ahh im gonna watch it today. i'll see. is it any good ? (mods you can possible move this to movie discussion now).

Comment

Moved, by the request of the creator.

Well, there are many movies where lighthouses have been a part of the movie. Take "The Ring". There was a lighthouse there too.

The setting of the movie still did not give me an Alan Wake feeling. I have the movie, seen it once. I guess it was worth the time to watch, but it's not one of them movies you see over and over.

Anyways, I still say that Half Light did not seem anything like Alan Wake. At all.
          "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Kahr: IMO the movie plot is not remotely irrelevant with the plot in AW. I mean, Demi's suffered a loss, too, and she also beliaves she is half-mental at some point. That happens in AW too, from what we know.

Still, I'd love some great twists in the story in AW, as in the movie. The story doesn, at any point, prepare you for the ending, and that's somethin'!

Second, I'd like the in-game camera or at least the cinematics in AW to show some great camera movements (remember MP2 cinematics, "Panic Room", and BTW "Half Light")

Comment

Originally posted by billerr
              Kahr: IMO the movie plot is not remotely irrelevant with the plot in AW. I mean, Demi's suffered a loss, too, and she also beliaves she is half-mental at some point. That happens in AW too, from what we know.
              It isn't COMPLETELY irrelevant, but then again, I'm sure you can find that in a lot of other movies too. I'm just saying that the movie doesn't give you a full grown Alan Wake feeling. It's got nothing to do with the game, and shouldn't really be compared as they are two different stories. Sure, there might be bits and tids that are simular, but nothing really big. Nothing worth thinking about, anyways.

Comment

Well I guess it's up to Remedy to decide if it's plot is too similiar to Alan Wake as it looks like this movie is pretty new (2006) and so I believe that the script of AW was worked on before the script of Half Light. I haven't seen the movie nor played the game (what a surprise), but to me the two sounds very similiar in terms of plot.
                "All those who gain power are afraid to lose it."

Comment

I've seen the movie, and I don't think they seem smiliar at all (there's only bits and tids, but like I said, nothing major that really makes 'em look like they're related).

Comment

Working...
                  X