The Hobbit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hobbit

So, the trailer is out, and I'm trying so, so hard right now to not type in all caps.

Is anyone else looking forward to this? Tolkien is my favourite writer of all time (The Silmarillion and The Hobbit being my two favourite books EVER) and I just can not wait for this. Oh lord. Ohhhhhhh man.

If you're interested and also haven't seen yet, here are the four production videos released so far. I find the one regarding their use of cameras and 3D very interesting as well; they're going through great lengths to make this look amazing, and so far, it really does.

Part one

Part two

Part three

Part four
    <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Re: The Hobbit

I just noticed this was up. Looks great!

Comment

Very excited - I wasn't expecting this trailer so soon!

Correct me if I'm mistaken, though, but aren't the dwarves meant to look a bit older? They look more like male models with attached beards than the gruff Gimli we grew to love.
      Remedy's currently known projects:
      Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Some of them look like Gimli and the others may actually be younger. I guess this was necessary so that viewers can tell them apart.

Comment

Trailer did nothing for me but ill still watch them.
          Team Yu
          https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
          http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Originally posted by Dawnbringer View Post
            Some of them look like Gimli
            Well, seeing as Gimli's father's in there, that's kind of appropriate.
            Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Hobbit and The Dark Knight Rises in 2012. could it get any better ? can't wait to hear another masterpiece from Howard Shore.
              When it's all dark...light is so precious, just like the darkness

Comment

Finally! They started filming during the spring and since then I have SO LONGED for this moment! And now, it is here!
                We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Some of them look like Gimli and the others may actually be younger. I guess this was necessary so that viewers can tell them apart.
                  That's actually a big part of it. Fili and Kili are supposed to be rather young, the rest are sort of all over the map. Personally, I'm a big fan of Bombur... though not as big as he is.
                  <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

I'm pretty exited. I enjoyed the Hobbit far more than the Lord of the rings books, but I was a lot younger when I read it so I'm not really sure. Heh, I was so scared when they got taken by the trolls, or when Bilbo met Gollum in the caves. Ruined my childhood for like five days.

Comment

I'm excited for more Gandalfness. Gandalf!
                      "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
                        I'm excited for more Gandalfness. Gandalf!
                        Me too. He is leaving the group halfway into the book, but they'll probably show a meeting of the White Council

Comment

Me too. He is leaving the group halfway into the book, but they'll probably show a meeting of the White Council
                          That's Gandalf for you. Always got more important things to do.
                          "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
                            That's Gandalf for you. Always got more important things to do.
                            A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to

Btw, have anyone here played the video game? Is it worth picking up?

Comment

I actually didn't like the cut of that trailer as much. A fan made his own edit and it's actually much better!

Comment

Working...
                              X