X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitt
    started a topic The Hobbit

The Hobbit

So, the trailer is out, and I'm trying so, so hard right now to not type in all caps.

Is anyone else looking forward to this? Tolkien is my favourite writer of all time (The Silmarillion and The Hobbit being my two favourite books EVER) and I just can not wait for this. Oh lord. Ohhhhhhh man.

If you're interested and also haven't seen yet, here are the four production videos released so far. I find the one regarding their use of cameras and 3D very interesting as well; they're going through great lengths to make this look amazing, and so far, it really does.

Part one

Part two

Part three

Part four

• wangel
    replied
    Re: The Hobbit

I just noticed this was up. Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• thebestbit
    replied

No shock, Extended cut coming next year.

Leave a comment:

• yogibbear
    replied

If this means the movies are not each 2.5 hrs long then I'm cool with it. If there's 3 movies for one book and the movies are 2.5 hrs long each then something has gone wrong with PJ.

Leave a comment:

• Jaden
    replied

Originally posted by thebestbit View Post
    I wouldn't worry, I hear they're rather short.

Leave a comment:

• Zhinarkos
    replied

Was a bit surprised about this as well. Then again, it isn't like they couldn't do it. It just makes one wonder if it was a question of screen time not enough for the story, some management stuff or whatever, or was it just about more money, publicity, etc.

I am going to start with the first one with my regular low yet acknowledged expectations (I know I can be content with the movie, but like any good project, it's all in the details) towards the movie, and start working my philosophy from there, towards the other two films.

We'll see...

Leave a comment:

• thebestbit
    replied

3 movies really?

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/pete...e-three-films/

Leave a comment:

• QuantumWake
    replied

Finally had the time to watch all the production videos for The Hobbit and #5 is my personal favorite. Just seeing everything come to fruition as they pack all their stuff and get moving. Definitely looks like a pretty big hassle trying to get moving.. But at the same time looks like a fun experience!

Hobbiton is truly a magical thing to look at. Like Peter Jackson said, i'd definitely be a nice place to retire. But for someone like me at this point, it's only something I will be only able to dream about. I usually don't go to the movies that often (1 because they're expensive, and 2 because a lot of the movies nowadays don't even deserve my money) but since I LOVED the LOTR trilogy SO MUCH (have the whole extended collection) this will probably be the ONLY movie where I'll camp out just to see it.

I'm really torturing myself watching The Hobbit trailer. It gets me so excited just thinking about it.

Can't wait!
    Last edited by QuantumWake; 02-05-2012, 06:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dawnbringer
    replied

There is a new The Hobbit - Production Video #5

Leave a comment:

• The Darkness
    replied

Trailer wasn't at 48 Frame PS. Was it ?

Leave a comment:

• TannosukeGR
    replied

Originally posted by shorty View Post
    A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to

Btw, have anyone here played the video game? Is it worth picking up?
    If you mean the PC game, yes. I have played it. It tells about Bilbo having found the ring, and has been asked by Gandalf to take it somewhere. The game takes place way before the LOTR events.

Leave a comment:

• sidetwo
    replied

I actually didn't like the cut of that trailer as much. A fan made his own edit and it's actually much better!

Leave a comment:

• shorty
    replied

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
    That's Gandalf for you. Always got more important things to do.
    A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to

Btw, have anyone here played the video game? Is it worth picking up?

Leave a comment:

• Kahr
    replied

Originally posted by Dawnbringer View Post
    Me too. He is leaving the group halfway into the book, but they'll probably show a meeting of the White Council
    That's Gandalf for you. Always got more important things to do.

Leave a comment:

• Dawnbringer
    replied

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
    I'm excited for more Gandalfness. Gandalf!
    Me too. He is leaving the group halfway into the book, but they'll probably show a meeting of the White Council

Leave a comment:

Working...
X