Prometheus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prometheus

I thought I would get excited about the Dark Knight Rises, and I was reasonably happy with the trailer.

Then came along the Hobbit trailer, and my excitement grew.

But right now, all I want for Christmas is the trailer for Ridley Scott's next movie, Prometheus.

3 days to go...

2 days to go...

Ridley Scott interview

Now Ridley won't admit many things about the movie, but the rumours have been flying around that it has something to do with the series he created - Alien. And everytime I watch these trailers, all I can think about is how similar in style it appears to the original Alien. Eeep.
    Remedy's currently known projects:
    Quantum Break - 2016

Re: Prometheus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIKOijYb5G8

I guess we'll see how the alien ship from Alien crashed on this planet.

Comment

Proper version of the full trailer is now online.
      If you are a fan of the first Alien movie - get excited.

http://youtu.be/X_LbCKgo5aU
      Last edited by Morry; 12-22-2011, 11:37 PM.
      Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

This will definitely be the sci-fi movie of 2012. Good sci-fi/horror is hard to find these days. This will be a midnight release viewing for me!

Comment

Alien-stands up really well,even though it was made 30 yrs ago.

Comment

4 things that made this my most awaited movie of the year:
            - The title reveal using the same style as the original Alien
            - The U-shaped ship
            - The space jockey
            - HR Giger is involved
            Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

It was said in movie magazines etc.That they were looking for someone to take Sigourney Weavers place because she is in her 60's now.

Comment

I was told about this last week, and have been excited for it since. I enjoyed the Alien series. That world is just interesting.
                "Keep calm, and be grateful."

Comment

It was Rumoured that there was going to be a Prequel to Alien.
                  This hasnt been officially announced as it yet has it?.

Comment

Supposedly, the Xenomorph get's a cameo as the film begins to wrap up. It is possible this is said rumored 'prequel'.
                    "Keep calm, and be grateful."

Comment

Its quite obvious its a prequel, but whether it will feature the xenomorph is still being kept underwraps.
                      For the obvious "prequel" clues, here are two shots from the original Alien:

Both the ship (55sec) and space jockey (42sec) can be seen in the trailer.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they did end up not including the xenomorph. We all know what happens next, so why not focus on exploring more about the space jockey.
                      Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Well... I'm not a huge "fan" or anything of the Alien universe, but have seen all the films quite a few times and do enjoy them a lot so I am EXTREMELY interested in seeing this prequel.

My guess is they'll find some space jockey artifact on earth and go looking for their origin only to discover a big dead planet filled with empty tech-riddled-space crafts and then finally come to the room where the space jockey dude is dead and surrounded by all his "creations"... which then go on to kill everyone and start heading back to Earth via a spaceship somehow and then end the movie with the lead protagonist sacrificng themselves and one of their spaceships to take out the returning xenomorphs/"creations"...

So yeah... 90 mins of build up [investigating strange alien base and tech etc. with maybe a few of the investigation crew dying in all sorts of ways] and then either something (doesn't have to be xenomorphs) starts killing everyone and bee-line for human colony.

The only tricky bit would be whether to have actual engineers being alive in the movie (and not surgically stuck on a chair).... or make them all dead.... presumably they'll have to have at least 1 being alive.
                        Last edited by yogibbear; 12-23-2011, 02:21 PM.
                        Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

There saying in the papers.That this is the Scariest Movie of 2012.

Comment

Considering you don't know what movies will come out in 2012 completely and usually the scariest movie is some weird budget arthouse movie shown at a film festival I highly doubt it. But knowing what most of the mainstream releases are going to be you could easily say this will be the best sci-fi scare for mainstream big budget hollywood...

Though I'm pretty sure that the youtube series of the slenderman will go down as one of the best cheap budget thrills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmhfn...feature=relmfu
                            Last edited by yogibbear; 01-07-2012, 01:20 PM.
                            Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Question Morry What is the Ship and The Space Jockey in Alien.
                              I watched Alien 1 along time ago.And to be honest The Alien always scared me abit.

Comment

Working...
                              X