From Finland With Love: Imaginaerum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Finland With Love: Imaginaerum

It's interesting, specially for Alan Wake's fans. Next year there will be a movie called Imaginaerum. Ilkka Villy is in it too and Petri Alanko is the music composer. since it's a musical, Nightwish did some music for it (Their new album called Imaginaerum too). It's a collaboration between Canada and Finland and it's in Enlgish.

Here is the plot: Imaginaerum tells the story of an elderly composer, Tom, who suffers from severe dementia. As he has had the disease for years and has regressed into childhood, he remembers practically nothing from his adult life. His music, friends, all his past including the memory of his daughter are a blur in his fragile mind. All he has left is the imagination of a ten year old boy. As he drifts away into coma, it seems impossible to get back what he has lost. Or is it?

The film is a journey between two different dimensions. Tom travels through his imaginary world seeking answers and finding memories, while his daughter, Gem, tries to recover the bond she had once shared with her father in the real world. As they have become more and more distant from each other over the years, and as theres even greater obstacles separating them now Toms coma and his imminent death Gems project feels doomed to failure. However, through Toms darkest secrets, Gem discovers the path she must follow in order to find her father again.

There are some questions we must ask ourselves before entering the world of Imaginaerum. What is most important in life? Can the power of memories protect us during our last moments? Will our imagination help us find the spark of life in the deepest darkness? Can we still find love after bitter forgiveness?

Imaginaerum is an emotional fantasy-adventure powered by the music of Nightwish. The story reminds us of our childhood where the smallest but most precious thing meant everything and losing it would have left an everlasting scar. Now its time to reopen the wound and see what became of it, but above all, where it came from.
    When it's all dark...light is so precious, just like the darkness

Re: From Finland With Love: Imaginaerum

Sounds cool. Added to my list.
    Remedy's currently known projects:
    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

FYI, [MENTION=5022]MikkiRMD[/MENTION] also helped out on the screenplay.

Comment

Nightwish music video with some making-of footage

Last edited by Galactus; 12-26-2011, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
          FYI, [MENTION=5022]MikkiRMD[/MENTION] also helped out on the screenplay.
          Yeah, I did a pretty serious rewrite of it, and I think it came out pretty well. As it happens, I just saw an essentially finished cut of the film (without any special effects, audio design, etc. -- so the pacing and performances were there, but almost everything else was still work in progress) a few weeks ago, and it's looking good.
          Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Oh this is going to be fun to watch
            HAtCHEt MEDiA Productions - Where entertainment just got weirder

Comment

Originally posted by Galactus View Post
              Nightwish music video with some making-of footage

2:20....
              http://explodingapples.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by explodingapples View Post
                2:20....
                Ilkka's actually looking dignified as all hell in a couple of other sequences. He cleans up well. =)
                Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Imaginaerum Teaser Trailer:

Ilkka Villi can be seen there

Comment

I actually nabbed a screencap of Ilkka. Any chance of this making it's way to California, or is it going to be released in Canada only? (Before DVD release?) Would love to see it here.
                    Attached Files
                    "And I was in the Darkness.
                    So Darkness I became."
                    Alan Wake Fanlisting

Comment

Ah! A new trailer! I've been waiting for this. A higher quality version is coming soon. Looks fantastic and even looks a little bit like Alan Wake's Dark Place in some sequences, doesn't it?

I usually hate movies made in Finland and the culture that surrounds it(although this was filmed in Canada), but this movie (with a few others like Iron Sky,The Purge etc.) gives me hope, that there is still talent in this country.

Fantastic work Stobe,Tuomas, Peppepappa etc.
                      KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Aw, man. If somebody's gonna leak something, I wish they'd at least look after the picture quality a little bit. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
                          Aw, man. If somebody's gonna leak something, I wish they'd at least look after the picture quality a little bit. *sigh*
                          Heh, yeah. Blame Iltalehti for that.
                          KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Well, that figures. =)

Comment

Is this movie coming out in the USA? It's supposed to come out this Friday according to IMDB, but I can't find it playing in any theater around. My sister is a big Nightwish fan, and we were thinking of seeing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X