X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Darkness
    started a topic From Finland With Love: Imaginaerum

From Finland With Love: Imaginaerum

It's interesting, specially for Alan Wake's fans. Next year there will be a movie called Imaginaerum. Ilkka Villy is in it too and Petri Alanko is the music composer. since it's a musical, Nightwish did some music for it (Their new album called Imaginaerum too). It's a collaboration between Canada and Finland and it's in Enlgish.

Here is the plot: Imaginaerum tells the story of an elderly composer, Tom, who suffers from severe dementia. As he has had the disease for years and has regressed into childhood, he remembers practically nothing from his adult life. His music, friends, all his past including the memory of his daughter are a blur in his fragile mind. All he has left is the imagination of a ten year old boy. As he drifts away into coma, it seems impossible to get back what he has lost. Or is it?

The film is a journey between two different dimensions. Tom travels through his imaginary world seeking answers and finding memories, while his daughter, Gem, tries to recover the bond she had once shared with her father in the real world. As they have become more and more distant from each other over the years, and as theres even greater obstacles separating them now Toms coma and his imminent death Gems project feels doomed to failure. However, through Toms darkest secrets, Gem discovers the path she must follow in order to find her father again.

There are some questions we must ask ourselves before entering the world of Imaginaerum. What is most important in life? Can the power of memories protect us during our last moments? Will our imagination help us find the spark of life in the deepest darkness? Can we still find love after bitter forgiveness?

Imaginaerum is an emotional fantasy-adventure powered by the music of Nightwish. The story reminds us of our childhood where the smallest but most precious thing meant everything and losing it would have left an everlasting scar. Now its time to reopen the wound and see what became of it, but above all, where it came from.

• wangel
    replied
    Re: From Finland With Love: Imaginaerum

Oh this is going to be fun to watch

Leave a comment:

• MikkiRMD
    replied

As far as I know. (Which, again, isn't that far.)

Leave a comment:

• VonStreff
    replied

Is this movie being released worldwide on DVD?

Leave a comment:

• Galactus
    replied

I enjoyed the movie! It was pretty much what I expected from Nightwish movie. I liked how the movie looked and cgi was great. The story was also done well in my opinion. But sometimes I found myself concentrating too much listening the music and not paying attention what characters were saying. Nightwish sounded so amazing with movie theater speakers. I still liked the movie. I also got free Imaginarum movie poster with me.
    Last edited by Galactus; 11-24-2012, 02:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MikkiRMD
    replied

Well, I hope you like it!

Leave a comment:

• Galactus
    replied

Can't wait to see the movie tomorrow. Trailers are looking great.

Leave a comment:

• MikkiRMD
    replied

I think Friday's the European (or just Finnish?) release date, but I'm told that it'll be in the theaters in the States. I don't know how soon, or how wide a release it'll be getting (I'm very much not in the loop for this sort of thing), but I believe you should be able to catch it.

Leave a comment:

• Jon253
    replied

Is this movie coming out in the USA? It's supposed to come out this Friday according to IMDB, but I can't find it playing in any theater around. My sister is a big Nightwish fan, and we were thinking of seeing it.

Leave a comment:

• MikkiRMD
    replied

Well, that figures. =)

Leave a comment:

• AnttiApina
    replied

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
    Aw, man. If somebody's gonna leak something, I wish they'd at least look after the picture quality a little bit. *sigh*
    Heh, yeah. Blame Iltalehti for that.

Leave a comment:

• MikkiRMD
    replied

Aw, man. If somebody's gonna leak something, I wish they'd at least look after the picture quality a little bit. *sigh*

Leave a comment:

• AnttiApina
    replied

Ah! A new trailer! I've been waiting for this. A higher quality version is coming soon. Looks fantastic and even looks a little bit like Alan Wake's Dark Place in some sequences, doesn't it?

I usually hate movies made in Finland and the culture that surrounds it(although this was filmed in Canada), but this movie (with a few others like Iron Sky,The Purge etc.) gives me hope, that there is still talent in this country.

Fantastic work Stobe,Tuomas, Peppepappa etc.

Leave a comment:

• inferi
    replied

I actually nabbed a screencap of Ilkka. Any chance of this making it's way to California, or is it going to be released in Canada only? (Before DVD release?) Would love to see it here.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Galactus
    replied

Imaginaerum Teaser Trailer:

Ilkka Villi can be seen there

Leave a comment:

Working...
X