Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What book did you last read / are currently reading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What book did you last read / are currently reading?

Like what movie you last saw, this is about what book you last read. I'm sure there any many people out there who enjoy a good book, no matter what genre one perfers. So, basically, what I want out of this thread, is for all of you to write down the last book you read, and a little about the book, why you liked/disliked it and if you would reccomend it to others.

I'll go first:

Though I haven't really been reading any books lately (Actually not in a year or so...). But, I just recently bought Terry Goodkind's Phantom, the latest addition in the Sword of Truth series. Although I feel it's being dragged a little long now, there is only one book left to be written after this one, apparently. The next will be the conclusive one. I haven't started reading yet, having precious little time to be doing any reading now during the Christmas hollidays, but I'm looking forward to starting on it.
    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Re: What book did you last read?

Well,i don't remember exactly what book i did read last,there is so many great books.
    But,i can recommend all for you Eiji Yoshikawa's book named "Musashi".
    It include martial art for sure, but also very philosophy things in life.

Then,i like crime fiction and thrillers.
    When i was teen,i liked very much teen thriller book series "Alfred Hitcho**** The Three Investigators".
    Oh,those were the days my friend
    Bright Falls: There must be some kind of way out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by remade View Post
      Alfred Hitcho****
      Ha ha,it's Hitch****

WTF...
      Last edited by remade; 12-30-2006, 03:56 AM.
      Bright Falls: There must be some kind of way out of here.

Comment

Haha! Just call him Alfred Hedgehog, or something.

I've not long finished The Children of Men, in wait for the new movie that's teetering on the verge of coming out. I always make it a priority to read the book before catching the movie; mostly due to the fact that I usually find the literary counterpart better.

I'm about to start The Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger again. I've just finished watching Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, I found that it alluded to the novel rather a lot; whilst I have read it before it was a long time ago so I'm giving it another run through.

I was going to pick up Dan Simmon's Endymion, but I've heard that it's not very good.
        If only *you* could see what *I've* seen with your eyes. ;)

Comment

Last I read was: "The Design of Everyday Things" by Donald A. Norman. Really good and true, I noted a lot of quotes that apply exactly to most of what I create and use every day.

Dan Simmon's whole Hyperion/Endymion series was awesome in my opinion, but I read it a long, long time ago so I forgot a large part of the 8 books.

Comment

Originally posted by Gothmog View Post
            I was going to pick up Dan Simmon's Endymion, but I've heard that it's not very good.
            Funny, that's the exact book I'm reading right now, and so far it's excellent. Another great take on character driven scifi that properly picks up on the shattered but resolved state of events after the Fall of Hyperion. Whomever told you it's not good has poor taste my friend.

Also reading Wuthering Heights on the long flights I have during these holidays.
            Mirrors are more fun than Television

Comment

I know that you're reading it, you told me. However, I went into the local library recently, in order to aquire some study books, and met an old school acquaintance; we chatted briefly on the Hyperion Cantos --of which I've only read Hyperion and The Fall of Hyperion, though he's read the lot-- he said that it's all down hill after the Fall of Hyperion. I really enjoyed the first two novels, and I don't want to tarnish my opinion on them so I'm avoiding the rest. At least for the time being.
              If only *you* could see what *I've* seen with your eyes. ;)

Comment

The last novel I finished was "The Shadow of the Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, has a great atmosphere and some very memorable characters - highly recommended.

I'm currently reading "Christine" by Steven King.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
                  The last novel I finished was "The Shadow of the Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, has a great atmosphere and some very memorable characters - highly recommended.
                  Someone recommended that to me once, never did get around to reading it.
                  Yes, you.

Comment

I can't remember the last book i read at the moment, but the book i'm reading is Killerbowl. You can tell it's an old book because the cover says that killerbowl is deadlier than rollerbowl (the original movie).
                    http://photobucket.com/albums/b178/D...monakedhos.gif
                    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/2/megafat.png
                    don't click this link...

Comment

Last book I read was named "China Inc.", which is about China's rise to the status of being developed and the "superpower challenges" it introduces to America and the World".

I am currently reading NoLogo, which is a really good and enlightening book about the place of brands in the Information age. Im also reading Whisper of the Blade, which is a book about the major revolutions since the eighteen hundreds.

Sociology is fun.
                      - Shakespeare

Comment

Just finished "What do you care what other people think?", which started well but turned out to be a bit boring in the end.

I started reading "Positionning: the battle for your mind" yesterday, and so far it's pretty interesting.

Comment

^Positioning's a classic -- 'Focus' (by same author) is a good companion read too.

Comment

Finally read Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth - Phantom. It was a good read, almost unexpectedly good after the two or three last books that have been rather dull, as it seems to drag on too far. But it's finally coming close to the end, so I guess there had to be interesting parts to be found.

You can read more about it here: http://kahr.cruxious.org/
                            "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Last read David & Leigh Eddings' The Redemption of Althalus, currently reading C.S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia as well as Alfred V. Aho's, Monica S. Lam's, Sethi Ravi's and Jeffrey D. Ullman's Compilers: Principles, Techniques and Tools, 2nd Edition...

Comment

Working...
                              X