Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What book did you last read / are currently reading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What book did you last read / are currently reading?

I am currently reading Winesburg,Ohio by Sherwood Anderson(?) amazing,bleak and a little depressing, but offers a vision of the average American man formidable, "there were many truths floating around, the men grasped this truth and were taking grotesque forms" is no exactly , more sense not step out of my head fast.
    Another book was "The Thief's Journal" Jean Genet, formidable, do not have much to say, and pure poetry, recounts his life as a thief, homosexual and prostitute.
    Another,before like games read a lot ,The Street of Crocodiles by Bruno Schulz,fantastic? yes ,collection of short stories.
    Last edited by vilanova; 03-09-2010, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Just finished Unnatural Death -- I must say I'm lapping these Dorothy L. Sayers mysteries up. They're just best detective/mystery books I've read in ages. This one was quite ingenious, but I just managed to figure it all out before everything was revealed.

Comment

Currently reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee. Pretty old, but satisfying book. Always enjoy reading it.
        "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
        -Tyler Durden

Comment

The Terror by Arthur Machen very good ,HP Lovercraft like much this writer so i have some look

Comment

Just read The Physicists by swiss author Dürenmatt again.
            Probably the funniest play I've ever read.
            Open up the broken cup
            Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

Ive read trough " The Lonesome Dove" again. I just love it!
              And im also thinking about getting " METRO 2033".
              Has anyone hear read it? I want to hear your opinion about it.
              I'm back.

Comment

High intensity training the Mike Mentzer way

Comment

Reading a book called Jamaica Inn, by Daphne Du Maurier. It's set in Cornwall, in the early 1800s, and is about ship wreckers. I have a 1939 2nd edition reprint, I bought it while actually on holiday in Cornwall. While there we even managed to visit Jamaica Inn, it's still standing today, even if it is a tourist attraction, so it was really interesting to see and walk around the areas that the author had when she stayed there all those years ago. Great book too, highly recommended.

Comment

The Line of Beauty - Alan Hollinghurst (Yes, Alan! lol)

The novel is about life in the british 80's with Tatcher's goverment, the hipocresy in the high society, AIDS, racism, homosexuality...etc

The protagonist is a middle-class boy who had the chance to spend a summer on his best friend's parents house in Nothingham, and then he discovers and gets into the entrails of the british high society, and his whole life starts to change.

It is a good read, it's not a Wake's novel but...

Also, the BBC made a TV series adaptation.
                    Alan... Wake up

Comment

The Lost Symbol.

Dan Brown knows how to keeps your Adrenaline high !.
                      When it's all dark...light is so precious, just like the darkness

Comment

Just starting Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky. 3 chapters in and its really good.
                        Looking forward to May 18th - Alan Wake and Graduation!!

Comment

I'm reading Percy Jackson and The Olympians - The Lightening Thief

Comment

Just finished Girls Like You - Paul Sheehan.

Err... don't read it. Unless someone makes you. (my excuse). Just about a whole bunch of girls getting gang raped in Australia by a family of Pakistani brothers and then the whole court cases etc. etc. not that rivetting, and certainly not good bedtime reading, or bus reading, or lunch break reading...

P.S. it's non-fiction though written by a journalist. So they've taken some liberties.
                            Last edited by yogibbear; 04-17-2010, 07:20 PM.
                            Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Just finished reading the french version of Les misérables. It took me quite some time due to my french skills being rusty but it was a very good read.

Comment

I'm reading a nice collection of greek legends right now. After all the recent movies a la 'Clash Of The Titans' I felt like refreshing my memories on the subject. I really miss my history studies. Ancient greek and roman mythology were always my favourite subjects.
                                Open up the broken cup
                                Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

Working...
                                X