Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What book did you last read / are currently reading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What book did you last read / are currently reading?

Finished Carrie by Stephen King. Just... wow. Scary.
    <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

The Mistborn Trilogy..
      Please check out my artwork =D
      http://vonstreff.deviantart.com/

Comment

The Stand by Stephen King. I am about half-way done now.
        We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Originally posted by Zhinarkos View Post
          The Stand by Stephen King. I am about half-way done now.
          Liking it? Thoughts?
          Please check out my artwork =D
          http://vonstreff.deviantart.com/

Comment

I am stuck on the last 40 pages of In Cold Blood. Incredibly bored. Even though the story was interesting. Can't. Drag. Myself. To. Finish. It. Even though I have a lot of GOOD books to read.
            Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Originally posted by VonStreff View Post
              Liking it? Thoughts?
              I like King's writing in general as a fairly simple read with sometimes amazingly well planned scenes of horror and mystery. But it is awfully unbalanced sometimes. For instance, the dark tower series, being full of cool imagination and characters, still has horrible spaces of utterly boring happenings.

The Stand however, feels quite nicely something in between both mystery and drama. It doesn't really feel like a horror novel, and to be honest, I am happy about it. Works really well on small "reads".

Comment

Finished Sinner's Creed by Scott Stapp, lead singer for Creed, of course.

I...have mixed feelings over it. It started off really strong and interesting, but didn't have an ending that made a big impact, imho. There also seemed to be a lot of whining, especially toward the end. Even though he said he was through playing the victim, it sure didn't feel like it. Maybe it's a tougher habit for him to break. Still, I like it when I get to peek inside other people's minds, especially a guy who writes his own stuff. And you have to admit, Creed has had some powerful, deep lyrics.
                Avoid fruit and nuts; after all, you are what you eat.
                -Garfield the Cat

Comment

Thinking of reading some Stephen King.I was going to read Duma Key but I heard it wasnt all that good.Someone had told me that it is one of stephen kings worst books.

Comment

Stephen King's brilliance comes from the fact that if you take out the supernatural or creepy stuff, you still have a decent story. I found that true of Carrie, Misery, Christine, From a Buick 8, and IT. I even liked his On Writing. I haven't read everything of his, and I thought Tommyknockers was a little boring. But overall, he's a brilliant author. I think IT is one of his best, although I haven't tried The Dark Tower stuff yet.

On Topic, starting to read Jodi Piccoult's latest, The Storyteller. So far, so good. I was sucked right in.
                    Avoid fruit and nuts; after all, you are what you eat.
                    -Garfield the Cat

Comment

IT was a really good book. A horror novel, sure, but the story is still more concentrated on life, childhood, love, memories etc. themes. I enjoyed IT very much when I read it. I might even go as far as to say that it is one of the best books I have ever read, personal opinion of course.

As for Duma Key, I wouldn't say it's horrible. It has some really vivid and spooky atmospheres from time to time. Then again, perhaps the story itself wasn't that good.

I am currently still stuck on The Stand. Sad to admit it, but I haven't really had any time and liking to read it. Going to continue to read it in short bursts.

Comment

Mass Effect: Retribution

Very good read. If only Drew had stayed on as the ME3 writer.
                        Team Yu
                        https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
                        http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Im currently reading a book on gunsmithing from the early 1800's
                          im slipanc, so i keep it rolling.|part time site/game developer| keep it rolling...

Comment

Wool, by Hugh Howey
                            Pick up virtue from everyone

Comment

I'm about to start The Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger again. I've just finished watching Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, I found that it alluded to the novel rather a lot; whilst I have read it before it was a long time ago so I'm giving it another run through.

Comment

Working...
                              X