Fadeout - Mikko Rautalahti

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fadeout - Mikko Rautalahti

If you are a fan of Mikki's writing on this forum or in the Alan Wake games, I would highly recommend for you to check out his NaNoWriMo novel, Fadeout.

Like a snake slowly eating a kangaroo, Mikki's writing prose has slowly begun to take hold of me and I am quickly becoming engrossed in the story.

Definitely worth a read

For more info and the download links, refer to Mikki's blog:
    http://funpastimes.com/?page_id=1539
    Remedy's currently known projects:
    Quantum Break - 2016

Re: Fadeout - Mikko Rautalahti

Hope you enjoy it, Morry!

Putting something like that out there is kind of horrifying -- the idea of NaNoWriMo, for people who aren't familiar with it, is that you need to write a novel with a minimum length of 50,000 words in one month. It's something that happens every November, and last year I took part in it.

It's awesome, but let me tell you, when you write that fast, there's just no real time for polish, and it shows -- it really does. So showing the end result to people... well, that's the horrifying part! I mean, you don't have to show it to anybody, but I felt that if I was going to do it, I should go all the way and share the results. I'm glad I did it.

It was great fun to do, and it's a great challenge; I very much recommend it to people who are serious about writing. It'll teach you a lot.
    Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Re: Fadeout - Mikko Rautalahti

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
      Hope you enjoy it, Morry!

Putting something like that out there is kind of horrifying -- the idea of NaNoWriMo, for people who aren't familiar with it, is that you need to write a novel with a minimum length of 50,000 words in one month. It's something that happens every November, and last year I took part in it.

It's awesome, but let me tell you, when you write that fast, there's just no real time for polish, and it shows -- it really does. So showing the end result to people... well, that's the horrifying part! I mean, you don't have to show it to anybody, but I felt that if I was going to do it, I should go all the way and share the results. I'm glad I did it.

It was great fun to do, and it's a great challenge; I very much recommend it to people who are serious about writing. It'll teach you a lot.
      Well, I don't wanna be a part in this crazy thing. I'm a slow writer, because I want to carefully write the novel and read it as an reader, so that it would bring a feeling to anybody. The good part always gets late to be done.

Most of all, I don't want to make grammar mistakes and I want to make it rich with some words making it a combination of many words you try to describe, but can't bring out the words you want to include, so that it can be readable for everyone.

Anyways, i'll read it.

When I started writing this novel I'm preparing now in Greek, I noticed what it missed. The feeling of the reader, while reading it. I thought that when reading a book is like you hear a storyteller telling you this story with feelings as if he had experienced them.
      Last edited by TannosukeGR; 06-30-2012, 01:41 PM.
      The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Working...
      X