Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Originally posted by Danzaiver View Post
    Playing Silent Hill Shattered Memories for the Wii.

The game was pretty short and not scary at all for me at least. But I liked it; it was a very different Silent Hill, I mean, you can't kill the enemies and you have to use the Wii remote to control the flashlight. Also you have too run a lot in this game, and fast.

This game of course reminded me to Alan Wake because of the regular man in a supernatural situation and of course because of the flashlight which, in this case, doesn't affect your enemies at all but attracts them to you Run Harry run

If you have a Wii I recommend you to rent this game because it's pretty short but really fun to play and you can beat it in a day or two.
    Geeze, it's not scary? Man! I'm going to pick it up for PSP. Hopefully you're so brave and the game is still scary I need it to be
    How about musics? SH always had the best soundtracks to me. how is this one?
    Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Originally posted by GENE_BC View Post
      Geeze, it's not scary? Man! I'm going to pick it up for PSP. Hopefully you're so brave and the game is still scary I need it to be
      How about musics? SH always had the best soundtracks to me. how is this one?
      Hahaha, well the game it's a little bit scary, it depends on you how scary something is

The music is really great, I enjoyed it, especially the songs with lyrics. But the music during normal gameplay doesn't varies that much, but if you like Silent Hill you will love the soundtrack of this game
      Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
      Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by shorty View Post
        Currently playing Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. So far so good, but the controlls are FUBAR.
        Glad to see that you took my suggestion, I think that Heavy Rain will be similar to Fahrenheit gameplay wise. Hope you like it, but as you probably heard the story gets all supernatural close to the end.

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        Oh and as for one more Braves post...

Wren just completely f'ed up with that Javier Vazquez trade. Diaz is a better bat than Melky. Makes me sick.
        I can't believe that you guys just traded Javier Vazquez for Melky Cabrera. Thanks though, one less good pitcher that we have to face next season.

BTW in a gutsy move the Marlins owner offered a 5 year 13.5 million dollar contract to Chapman, the cuban lefty that can throw over 100 m/h, you guys have probably heard of him. Of course I really doubt that he will sign with us when Boston and the Yankees are all over him as well as every damn team in the league.

In gaming news, I'm thinking of getting either Batman AA or Infamous tomorrow. I will make my decision when I get to Gamestop.
        Last edited by cubanito305; 12-23-2009, 06:10 PM.
        Defeat is not an option, they picked a fight with a warlock. I have Tiger blood and Adonis DNA. Duhh Winning.

Comment

Hahaha, well the game it's a little bit scary, it depends on you how scary something is

The music is really great, I enjoyed it, especially the songs with lyrics. But the music during normal gameplay doesn't varies that much, but if you like Silent Hill you will love the soundtrack of this game
          To me, Final Fantasy is scary... Just kidding, but from my sight I can say for example SH: Origins was scary.
          Cant wait to hear those songs with lyrics Akira Yamaoka is my favorite artist.

Comment

Always on Mind is the stand out track for me - it's a cover of a well known song, but this version sounds like something Portishead would do.
            Last edited by Maddieman; 12-23-2009, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cubanito305 View Post
              Glad to see that you took my suggestion, I think that Heavy Rain will be similar to Fahrenheit gameplay wise. Hope you like it, but as you probably heard the story gets all supernatural close to the end.

I can't believe that you guys just traded Javier Vazquez for Melky Cabrera. I have been literaly laughing at that trade all afternoon. Thanks though, one less good pitcher that we have to face next season.

BTW in a gutsy move the Marlins owner offered a 5 year 13.5 million dollar contract to Chapman, the cuban lefty that can throw over 100 m/h, you guys have probably heard of him. Of course I really doubt that he will sign with us when Boston and the Yankees are all over him as well as every damn team in the league.

In gaming news, I'm thinking of getting either Batman AA or Infamous tomorrow. I will make my decision when I get to Gamestop.
              Yup, I saw that with Chapman. Interesting move there, but I like it. Well not for the Marlins but, I like the ballsyness. haha. Yeah, that's a word. I still cant believe the Rangers offered Feliz and Smoak for Josh Johnson. Amazing offer. But you guys already have a stud 1B in waiting. (Morrison) You guys dont seem ready to blow everything up again yet either, at least.

As for Infamous or Batman AA, cant go wrong either way. Fantastic games. Oh and I accepted your friend request, I was confused as hell because, I have a buddy with a similar Live name.

Comment

Well, the Braves had no choice. No one wanted Lowe's ass, so we had to trade Javy. Freed up some money, and we got a solid clutch guy in Melky, plus a good reliever in Dunn, and a top pitching prospect in Vizcaino. I still think we should've gotten Swisher, but whatever.

Looks like the Braves are taking the newly freed up money and getting Troy Glaus for 1B. If he can stay healthy, he can put some serious numbers. I hope the Braves go and sign Nady as well. That should complete our offseason.

As for gaming, I'm in a rut. Most games I'm starting (DA: O, Ratchet, Muramasa) I play for 5 seconds and I get bored and I quit them. I barely trudging through Spirit Tracks, but I guess I'm just waiting 'til Bayonetta, and Mass Effect 2.
                I hope for nothing. I fear nothing.

Comment

Speaking of Mass Effect 2... (YES! Effective transition!)

I've been playing Mass Effect so I have a female file, and a male file to transfer over into the second game. I'll probably just buy ME2 pre-owned, though, I'm not that into it.
                  <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

Originally posted by Kitt View Post
                    Speaking of Mass Effect 2... (YES! Effective transition!)

I've been playing Mass Effect so I have a female file, and a male file to transfer over into the second game. I'll probably just buy ME2 pre-owned, though, I'm not that into it.
                    Yeah, ME was great but there was just something about it that kept it from being amazing. Still can't quite put my finger on what exactly...but yeah.
                    AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

To me, Final Fantasy is scary... Just kidding, but from my sight I can say for example SH: Origins was scary.
                      Silent Hill Origins was scary as Hell --- I almost die at some point

I'm serious!

I think I'm going to buy SH Homecoming, never played it. It had bad reviews but who cares abou reviews, right?
                      Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by BxB402 View Post
                        Yeah, ME was great but there was just something about it that kept it from being amazing. Still can't quite put my finger on what exactly...but yeah.
                        they needed more of the planets to have those random monkeys and the giant worm things so that exploration is actually scary/interesting and a better inventory system on the PC side of things.

otherwise i thought it was top notch.
                        Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Silent Hill Origins was scary as Hell --- I almost die at some point

I'm serious!

I think I'm going to buy SH Homecoming, never played it. It had bad reviews but who cares abou reviews, right?
                          I played Origins at the midnight, with headphones, lights off Touching the mirrors was a damn scary choice
                          --
                          you should really try Homecoming. SH never gets good scores but the game is great.

Comment

Originally posted by BxB402 View Post
                            I agree with you, even though I love ME and it is by far my favorite game this generation, the game was not perfect by any means. It did had some things that kept it from being a classic.

- The inventory, at least in the 360 version was horrible.
                            - Those elevator rides were really long and boring.
                            - AI was mediocre to say the least.
                            - The Mako was a pain in the ass to control.
                            - Poor squad mechanics.
                            - The Uncharted worlds were boring and had the same style of buildings.
                            - The shoting mechanics and the cover system was uneven.

The good news is that if you guys have been following the news and the newest trailers, then you'll know that most of those issues have been fixed for the sequel. Bioware really listen to the community and many of those issues are fixed.

- New and more simple inventory system.
                            - The elevators are still in but this time the rides are going to be much shorter and they will show a scenery to make them better.
                            - AI for what I have seen, it looks pretty much the same to be honest.
                            - There is a new Mako. Bioware has not show it yet, but the driving mechanics should be better.
                            - This time around you can actually give specific orders to specific squad mates.
                            - The Uncharted Worlds are going to be different one from another and the stories are going to be better and more varied.
                            - The game has been made this time around with shoting mechanics and cover system like Gears of War, of course depending on the players class things are going to be different but the cover system definitely looks better.
                            - Customization is going to be better, now I think that we can change the colors of our helmet and our armor but not sure on that one.
                            - The Normandy is going to be huge and we will have a fish tank in Shepard's bedroom. That's a win.
                            - From 6 to 10 squad mates and most of the choices from the first game are carring over. First time something like that is done.

Honestly from what I have seen so far, this game is going to be so much better than the first one. If the first ME Won RPG of the Year and it was in the talks for game of the year which went to Bioshock in 07 then ME2 has a big chance of actually winning. This game is going to be huge and a most buy on day one. Oh and yes I'm a one of the biggest ME fanboys I know, the shame.
                            Defeat is not an option, they picked a fight with a warlock. I have Tiger blood and Adonis DNA. Duhh Winning.

Comment

I played Origins at the midnight, with headphones, lights off Touching the mirrors was a damn scary choice
                              --
                              you should really try Homecoming. SH never gets good scores but the game is great.
                              I will get it as soon as I can But I'm a little afraid that it will scare me too much

In other news, I was playing the new Mario bros. for the Wii, it's really cool to play with friends

Comment

Homecoming wasn't so scary imo, except for a couple of scenes maybe. Its strenghts lie elsewhere.
                                I'm really looking forward to Shattered Memories. I heard it's got a quite a good story, which is always the most important part in a SH game. I'll get it on PS2 as soon as it comes out in europe. I have to say though that the soundtrack didn't really blow me away. Mary Mcglynn is really starting to annoy me. Acceptance is a great song but the rest is just same old Akira. He really needs to do something original by now. But considering he left Konami, we might hear something original very soon.

Hmm, my writing looks relatively sober considering I just drank a bottle of whiskey. Old christmas tradition. I usually don't touch that stuff.
                                Open up the broken cup
                                Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

Working...
                                X