Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Been playing the Beta for MAG.

WOW, this is fun as hell! And I'm only about level 4. I hope there are more in terms of customization in the final product (creating your character's face, and being able to be a girl would be nice...) Also, something about the sniper rifle just doesn't feel right. It takes roughly 3 shots to kill someone, in the chest usually, which seems a bit much. But I'm enjoying having set health like in TF2, instead of regenerating- then you don't have people camping all the time or getting 20+ kill streaks.

It also has a really great sense of teamwork, when you get in a great group. One match, my team managed to win in only about 3 minutes because of coordination.

Anyway, if anyone decides to try it, join the team Raven when you do- so we can play together.
    <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

I have been playing Infamous and I think I'm already in the last mission. The story is good but I get the feeling that there is a big surprise coming my way. There is something weird going on with Cole, John and Kessler that I'm yet to find out. I'm probably going to beat the game tomorrow playing as a good guy and then start a new playthrough as a bad guy.

Moving to Dragon Age: Origins, Bioware just anounced a new expansion called DA:O The Awakening.

To see the new trailer and get more info on the story, settings, gameplay, price ect... check the link and enter your date of birth.
      http://dragonage.bioware.com/awakening
      Defeat is not an option, they picked a fight with a warlock. I have Tiger blood and Adonis DNA. Duhh Winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
        Dante's Inferno demo.

I still can't believe just how blatant a God of War clone this is -- you could forgive them for being inspired by the game, but EA are taking the piss. The controller layout is identical, as are most of Dante's moves, combos, magic system, the camera, and many other gameplay features. If I didn't know better, I'd go as far as saying that they'd licensed the God of War engine and half of David Jaffe's design team.
        I only have a few minutes experience from God of War, but wasn't it so that people reacted in a similar way when God of War was released, claiming it was just copying Devil may cry?

Can't say I care though. I'm looking forward to both games.

Comment

^ Shorty, GOW was something absolutely different from DMC and I haven't heard anyone looks GOW as a copy of DMC.

But EA itself said " we're glad to see people see our game something like god of war". More or less, Dante's Inferno is a clone and I don't have a good feeling about it at all. Experience says it sucks unless it proves otherwise.
          Last edited by GENE_BC; 01-06-2010, 12:22 PM.
          Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

shorty, there are general similarities between those games, but the actual look and feel of the games is very different. Devil May Cry and Onimusha are very much based off the original design of Resident Evil, but with a stronger emphasis on combat. Whereas God of War looks and plays more like an old school, arcade beat 'em up (it also has platforming elements and environment traps, which DMC doesn't really bother with).

IMO Dante's Inferno strikes me as a really shameless clone of God of War... but I never said that was necessarily a bad thing. It's certainly a better game for it; and afs is right -- those of us without a PS3 have no reason to complain, seeing as God War is a Playstation exclusive anyway. I just can't believe EA's audacity though.
            Last edited by Maddieman; 01-06-2010, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I'm sure both of you are right.

Anyway, I have been playing some Assassins Creed 2 lately to finish "The truth".

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post

IMO Dante's Inferno strikes me as a really shameless clone of God of War... but I never said that was necessarily a bad thing. It's certainly a better game for it; and afs is right -- those of us without a PS3 have no reason to complain, seeing as God War is a Playstation exclusive anyway. I just can't believe EA's audacity though.
                The only problem with Dante's Inferno in my eyes is, it's boring. It is a shameless GoW ripoff, but GoW is one of the most thrilling adventures in gaming, and, while I know it was just a demo, Dante's Inferno was bland and lacking in everything for me.
                I hope for nothing. I fear nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by shorty View Post
                  i'm sure both of you are right.

Anyway, i have been playing some assassins creed 2 lately to finish "the truth".
                  You can't handle the truth!

AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

Originally posted by afs View Post
                    Finished Borderlands. Wow. That was the worst thing ever. Of all time.
                    Worse than 9/11? Something must be wrong with me in the head, 'cause I thought it was better than 9/11. Like, lots better.
                    NEVER FORGET
                    Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
                    5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

The problem with Borderlands is that after about 15 hrs you've figured out all the game mechanics and it's REALLY obvious that you're playing a game. So you stop caring about anything, and then they decide to throw some story at you and you go... "whatever"... do i really care now?
                      Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

I just finished Infamous. Wow another game that decides to used the "Not Cliché and never used before magic of Time Travel." What a surprise, I'm shock.

I really hope that Alan Wake stays as far as possible from Time Travel. If Barry is a fat version of AW from the future trying to make Alan change something in the present or something among the lines of time travel, I'll be really dissapointed. Please RMD no time travel.
                        Defeat is not an option, they picked a fight with a warlock. I have Tiger blood and Adonis DNA. Duhh Winning.

Comment

Originally posted by cubanito305 View Post
                          I just finished Infamous. Wow another game that decides to used the "Not Cliché and never used before magic of Time Travel." What a surprise, I'm shock.

I really hope that Alan Wake stays as far as possible from Time Travel. If Barry is a fat version of AW from the future trying to make Alan change something in the present or something among the lines of time travel, I'll be really dissapointed. Please RMD no time travel.
                          hahaha Barry a fat verion of Alan

I'm playing Silent Hill Homecoming, it is just me or this game is not as good as the previous ones? I mean, the game is ok, it isn't like OMG I'm scared, it is more like WTF more freaking monsters? It's like a Resident Evil for heaven's sake! The horrible fact is that you have like what? 5 bullets per area? and the combat is just like WHAT? I can dodge! but I won't if you don't press the button in the perfect sequence!

I don't know I will finish this game, I guess, but I was so exited with this game and now I find out this game is so boring sometimes, it doesn't scare me at all, the story is just so lame, OH I have to find my brother, but why the hell is he running away from me?

Jesus Christ! shoot me! I regret playing this game.

Recommend me a game for god sakes
                          Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                          Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by pocketbannana View Post
                            Worse than 9/11? Something must be wrong with me in the head, 'cause I thought it was better than 9/11. Like, lots better.
                            OK, the ending of Borderlands wasn't as bad as 9/11. And it wasn't as bad as 7/7. Nor was is as bad as Pearl Harbor, or the Holocaust, or the Roman Crusades, or the Spanish Inquisition, or Dylan goes electric, or the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake, or the 2003 Catholic sex abuse scandals, or the Rapture.

But it was still pretty ****ing bad.
                            "But you've knocked afs off the top 3, which can only be a good thing." -Maddie

Comment

Just started playing Bayonetta.

One word: insane.
                              I hope for nothing. I fear nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Danzaiver View Post
                                hahaha Barry a fat verion of Alan

I'm playing Silent Hill Homecoming, it is just me or this game is not as good as the previous ones? I mean, the game is ok, it isn't like OMG I'm scared, it is more like WTF more freaking monsters? It's like a Resident Evil for heaven's sake! The horrible fact is that you have like what? 5 bullets per area? and the combat is just like WHAT? I can dodge! but I won't if you don't press the button in the perfect sequence!

I don't know I will finish this game, I guess, but I was so exited with this game and now I find out this game is so boring sometimes, it doesn't scare me at all, the story is just so lame, OH I have to find my brother, but why the hell is he running away from me?

Jesus Christ! shoot me! I regret playing this game.

Recommend me a game for god sakes
                                Hi danza
                                It's not as good as others. I was exactly like you and I wanted to put that away but then something happened. I may come in handy for you too:

I feel one of the worst things is combat system. It takes some times to find out how to dodge but when you learn it, I could say it's even fun. Press B and immediately after that X,X,X. it's really really important to learn this and then no one can stop you

And you're in sheppards gelen for now. When you reach Silent Hill, It'll be more scary and some important things happens in the storyline. I recommend don't give it up at all.
                                Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Working...
                                X