X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
    Beyond Good & Evil
    Highly recommended by me. Some great characters that really hit you with emotions all throughout the game. I wish more games were like this - a perfect mix of gameplay, story and characters.
    Remedy's currently known projects:
    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Beyond Good & Evil and Psychonauts are two games I've been meaning to get for ages. Still, I think I'm going to have to get Bayonetta first.

The missions in Ninja Gaiden are insane -- I've only managed about 3. I'm trying to kill this ice/snow boss, but these cat-creatures are just shredding me to bits. Explosive shurikens are helping, but I don't have enough, and arrows are too slow to be effective. Frustrating.

It's been a while since I've played God of War, and the comparison has been made (by everybody), but wasn't there a bigger emphasis on puzzle solving than this?
      Hmm.... I wouldn't say so (marginally perhaps?). Not in the beginning at least; except for that annoying sequence where you have to push/kick some wooden crates across the the deck of a ship while getting pummelled by arrows.

There's a few puzzles in Pandora's Temple, and you have to collect various keys/tokens to progress; but I'd say God of War was mostly combat/action oriented. In most cases if you can't get somewhere, it's because you're supposed to return there later on.
      Last edited by Maddieman; 01-10-2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Playing Overlord with Raising Hell expansion. Got these and Overload 2 for $9 in the steam sales back in November.

I remember the reviews being bad for this game. It is awesome. Not a trend setting game or anything, but there's nothing wrong with it, and the gameplay is quite fun, the animations and sound and atmosphere are perfect and the game concept is working for me so far. About 6hrs in.
        Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Been talking about God of War so much I decided to actually dig it out and play it again -- on Spartan. I tried it on 'God' but couldn't get past the first Hydra -- I reckon I could have with a few more tries, but the game gets much harder later on, so I decided to quit while I was ahead. I'm about to head into the desert.

Comment

I've been playing so much Bayonetta it's sickening. I've beaten the game like twice, almost have all the Alfheims, been purchasing the shit out of everything at Rodin's, and have like 38 of the 50 Achviements.

Definately the best action game ever made.

I'm probably gonna stop playing it though because school's about to get busy, and Mass Effect 2 is almost here, and I have play through GoW I and II before the epic conclusion hits in March.
            I hope for nothing. I fear nothing.

Comment

Figured out how to use my PS3 controller on my mac. It's pretty awesome.
              NEVER FORGET
              Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
              5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

Originally posted by bstarter29 View Post
                I've been playing so much Bayonetta it's sickening. I've beaten the game like twice, almost have all the Alfheims, been purchasing the shit out of everything at Rodin's, and have like 38 of the 50 Achviements.

Definately the best action game ever made.

I'm probably gonna stop playing it though because school's about to get busy, and Mass Effect 2 is almost here, and I have play through GoW I and II before the epic conclusion hits in March.
                Yeah, I'm immersed in this game too. Can't put it away although ACII is here, right beside me.
                I have 1 million halos and I think I'll use that phone booth to unlock some weapons
                Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

I'm going to buy the Mass Effect DLC when they go on sale on Monday and then I'll begin my last Mass Effect play through on insanity, before ME2 comes out.

I'm not an achievement guy but, for the heck of it...I'm going for the 1200 from Mass Effect. Dont care for achievements but, I just love the game so much. It's gotta be done.

Comment

Just had a go at Plants vs Zombies - a fun, little time-waster from PopCap games. It's basically a modified tower defense game, where you build different plants to counter different types of zombies.
                    Remedy's currently known projects:
                    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
                      Just had a go at Plants vs Zombies - a fun, little time-waster from PopCap games. It's basically a modified tower defense game, where you build different plants to counter different types of zombies.
                      PvZ was awesome. Pity it only lasts < 1 week.

Comment

Serious Sam HD.

It's still great fun, and the demo is generous as you'd expect from Croteam... (there's a full level which takes a good hour to finish on hard). But it's still the same game underneath it all, and the graphics probably aren't that good enough to warrant buying it all over again (especially at the price they're asking for).

If you've never played the original(s) and you like mindless, intense shooters (sorta like the more hardcore levels Doom), then I heartily recommend it. It's surprisingly absorbing. If you've already got them, save your money.
                        Last edited by Maddieman; 01-19-2010, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
                          Serious Sam HD.

It's still great fun, and the demo is generous as you'd expect from Croteam... (there's a full level which takes a good hour to finish on hard). But it's still the same game underneath it all, and the graphics probably aren't that good enough to warrant buying it all over again (especially at the price they're asking for).

If you've never played the original(s) and you like mindless, intense shooters (sorta like the more hardcore levels Doom), then I heartily recommend it. It's surprisingly absorbing. If you've already got them, save your money.
                          It was $7 on steam over the w/e last week wasn't it?

Comment

Been playing a little Fallout 3 on the 360. Borrowing it from a friend.
                            "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

^What do you think of it so far?

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
                              It was $7 on steam over the w/e last week wasn't it?
                              £17.99 (approx $30) according to this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/41000/

I suppose that's reasonable for the length of the game, but you can get both the first and second encounters combined for a fraction of that (under £5). If there were new levels, enemies, and weapons, I'd say go for it; but from what I could tell, it's just a visual makeover. So unless the graphics really impress you, I'd say get the original(s).
                              Last edited by Maddieman; 01-19-2010, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Fallout3 was really huge and this is not something I like. I donno, maybe I like a game to be more linear.
                                I got out of the Vault to a vast wasteland and then to a village. Months passed and I'm still in that village!
                                Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Working...
                                X