Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Originally posted by AlianAnt
    my god.......I played Guitar Hero for 8 hours straight......standing up. I havn't stood up for 8 hours straight EVER. See what Guitar Hero does to you?! YOU SEE WHAT IT DOES?!
    Whoa, maybe you should get a real guitar too

Replaying Half-Life 2, I'm at Highway 17 right now.
    Yes, you.

Comment

Originally posted by Coak
      Whoa, maybe you should get a real guitar too
      Got my dad's acustic guitar just now....
      <insert cool digital image here>

Comment

Discovered "Heroes of Might & Magic 5" the day before yesterday : it's actually pretty good, I like it.

Comment

I've been playing Burnout Revenge for the 360 now. I played it some on the xbox, and although it didn't blow my mind it seemed like a great game to play for an hour at a time, and that's how I prefer to play. And I was right, it rocks. And it has crisp visuals and sound on my HD-TV and 5.1 set. And I'm still playing some Pro Evolution Soccer 5, especially with the world cup and all. No license you say? Well I happen to have all new national team kits, real names, real club kits, stadiums, balls, shoes etc. Gotta love PC version mods
          bee-digital design - My web portfolio
          PayneReactor

Comment

I. have never. seen. so-many-godamn-CHEATERS-IN-MY-LIFE! If you like cheating in multiplayer (and you should go bang your head agenst a wall if you do) go play Halo 2 because EVERYONE. ****ING. CHEATS!

I've been playing Halo 2.....WITH ****ING CHEATERS.

Heres my stats page:

http://bungie.net/Stats/PlayerGameLi...layer=alianant

All the greyed out games I was cheated in. And no, in Halo 2 its not "I think he was aimbotting. Cheater!" Its undenyable cheating. Its called standby. And everybody and their mother seems to be doing it.
            Last edited by AlianAnt; 06-21-2006, 02:29 PM.

Comment

EB had a sale so I went and bought COD2, Fear and NFS Most Wanted for 50% off.
              Remedy's currently known projects:
              Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

How do you cheat in multiplayer games ? Is is a PC thing only, or is it also common on the Xbox ?

Comment

Ill sum up the whole thing, as far has Halo 2 goes.

It allllll started back in the day. A month or two after Halo 2 had come out. The days the pros didn't have the chance to be pros, people whored dule magnums, and melees did almost no damage. Those days sucked. And then the patch game out fixing all that crap.

Then a little while afterward, I guess some moron accidently hit whats called a "standby" buttion on their modem. What a standby buttion does, on most models that have them, is it temorarily suspends your connection, and you hit the buttion again to make it turn back on.

Well, someone must'ov been playing Halo 2 while they had host. When your host and you hit standby, from the cheaters point of view, everyone walks into walls and are easily assassinated, shot, gernaded, and so on. But only when you get host.

If you're on the opposet end of the cheater, everyone walks into walls, your shots do no damage and after a second or two you got to "blue screen" which is the waiting room untill the connection comes back. It was supposed to be created so that when the host quit or lost connection, you would go here untill a new host is found, connected, and the game resumes exactly where everyone left off.

But anyway, so you go to blue screen, the cheater stops standbying, everything reconnects and the cheater suddenly got 4 or 5 kills. This happens constantly all game untill the cheater comes out victorious.

This was, fortiuneately, cleaned up quickly, once it started becoming a problem. Bungie released a patch that had the host lag out MUCH MUCH faster than before, so if you hit standby, you wouldn't have time to reconnect, and you would lag out.

Fastforward 6 or 7 fun-filled, cheat free months. The new maps have come out. These are stored on the hard drive of the xbox, and thus much more easy to "mod." Now, for some reason, a lot of important crapola is stored in the map files. All the way from the games "magnatisim" system to the player's speed. What some ass wipe did was load those maps onto his computer, "mod" them, giving them 360 dregree auto aim, ULTRA fast shooting Battle Rifles (im talking INSTANT death), the ability to run 50,000 miles per hour (making it almost impossible to hit them while their auto aim hits you every time), and super high jumping.

Then these people would go into matchmaking and cheat their way up the ranks. Soon the leaderboards are filled with cheaters and at one point, there were more cheaters than legitimate players. These cheaters even devised a way to get the "new maps" every time. This is done by sticking something into the cd-rom drive to stop the disk from spinning, forcing the game to load a map off the hard drive.

Bungie banned quite a few daily, but there are these things called "2-month free cards" which are......2 month free cards for xbox live and the cheaters would collect as much as possible so as soon as one account was banned, they would create another.

Bungie, unlike last time, took their sweet freaking time with a patch. It was about 2 months of non-stop cheating untill the patch game out that auto-banned these modders.

All was well in the land of Halo 2. Fun filled nights with my buddy returned. They even took freaking Foundation out of the map cycles because it sucked. Good times.

However, within a couple of weeks, some dipshit already found a new way to cheat. Its called "bridging." I'm not exactly sure how this form of cheating is done, but it does 3 things:

Gives you host EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. No matter what.

Alows you to standby as much as you want.

Using a firewall program such as "ZoneAlarm" you can ban people IP's off your network, lagging them out of the game instantly.

The big deal about this is it can be done on ALL maps. And now its just a big a problem as modding ever was. I would say....at least half of the games my buddy and I play in, we get bridged. Some times its instant, other times we would be winning heavily, or off to a perfect start and the cheaters begin standbying.

Now, I bet your wondering: "Why in the name of God would people cheat so much for months on end, every day?"

Levels. Next to your name in any ranked matchmaking playlist, you have a number. That number ranges anywere from 1 (the lowest, as in, you havn't played a single game) to 50 (which no legit ones exist). For a bloody number.

So, cheating in, belive it or not, a nutshell.

Comment

^Pretty grim.

In other news, I finished FFX-2 \o/

...then started it again.

Comment

I just borrowed Starcraft from a friend...brings back memories. Good ones. And its still a blast to play.

Comment

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars. I'm currently stuck with the goat, if you've played it, you probably know where it is
                        Yes, you.

Comment

Some game,what lower my aggressive,like a manhunt
                          Bright Falls: There must be some kind of way out of here.

Comment

Been playin more Starcraft.

Now, heres somthing that really steams my beans:

Theres gametypes in starcraft called defence games, and in these you try to build a sort of defence while groups of enemies contiously spawn. The object is to keep the enemy from getting past your defence or you lose. Usually, the defence consits of a cheap unit to create a sort of maze to have the enemys take as much damage as possible for as long as possible, while a few more costly units do most of the damage.

Anyway, the games are played in levels. Level 1, level 2, level 3, ect. ect. ect.

The early levels are more there to give you time to think of a defence and begin the first steps of creating that defence. To lose on the first level takes a spectial kind of idiot. It doesn't matter if you haven't played a defence game of any type before. Loseing on level 1 is bad, indescribable awefulness.
                            If one person "leaks," letting guys through your defence, everyone loses.

Today, I most of played at least 40 games, 35 of which my team mates and I didn't get past level 1. I mean, ok, maby a game or two out of 40, you can lose on level 1. But time and again we lost. And its not like it was the same people just screwing me and this other guy over. They were different people.

35 games not past round 1 is undescribable suckyness. Einstein's theory of No One Fails On Level 1 More Than Twice was thought to have gaurenteed that what happend to me today was impossible. But this was disproven.

In short: today sucked beyonde words, in terms of Starcraft.
                            Last edited by AlianAnt; 07-03-2006, 03:04 AM.

Comment

You should get in to some Warcraft 3 Tower Defense. I've been playing that stuff ever since I bough W3.
                              Remedy's currently known projects:
                              Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Played Monopoly with some friends last night. Man, did I get rich!
                                "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Working...
                                X