X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Originally posted by djshauny1 View Post
    heavy rain
    That's going to be interesting once they implement the PS Move into it.

I really feel like playing a Harry Potter game right now. They're actually pretty fantastic games, especially the second and the fifth. But, augh, so much else to do right now..!
    <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
      Played some Blur. It's a fun time-killer.
      More Blur, with two friends. Exceptional fun when you play against others too!
      "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Way too much Mass Effect 2. It's like one of those really great novels that you don't want to end -- pure escapism at it's best.

It took some adjustment, but I like the gameplay changes -- no inventory is a curious step, but it's much better than that annoying 350 items limit. Shorter cooldown times is a welcome change too, and the new biotic moves are much more fun/useful. Being able to customise your appearance is nice too.

My only serious gripe is that the text is nearly impossible to read on a portable SD tv. I really wish they hadn't changed that, as it makes reading the codex a bit tiring.

Just finished the loyalty mission for Grunt...

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
          Spoiler:
          Haha, yeah! That was epic!
          "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Medal of honor beta.... With some socom confrontation (Getting ready for socom 4)
            PSN ID: sHELLsHOCK619

Comment

Way too much Mass Effect 2. It's like one of those really great novels that you don't want to end -- pure escapism at it's best.
              I always wonder how I deprive myself from ME1, 2. I know I've missed a great game but the problem is I can't play RPG
              Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

What do you mean Gene? Aren't you a big fan of Final Fantasy?

Comment

Originally posted by ancient View Post
                  I still can't understand why X-COM series is so worshiped by people. The graphics is... horrible

I played Red Alert, Age of Empires around the same time period (1995-1997) and all these games look pretty good even by today's standards.

X-COM, on the other hand, is... I don't know... The mess of pixels

An example from X-COM: Apocalypse (released in 1997):

An example from Age of Empires I (released in 1997):
                  Of course, the graphics are a hurdle - as I said, it took me three times to get over the aged graphics. I was on the verge of telling myself that this was a game that just looked too old and complex to play.

What I'm enjoying immensely about X-Com is that its a mature game - one that doesn't hold back on complexity or substance. In terms of its genre, you can compare it to the impact Deus Ex had on FPS games. All of sudden, this game came out which really showed the potential of what a genre / game could do.

Taking Age of Empire as an example, to build something like a Priest, you need to advance a few ages, research a few things and spend some lumber, meat and gold.

In Xcom, say I want to build a tank.
                  1. Recruit some engineers for manufacturing
                  - It takes a couple of days to ship them out
                  - I need more living space in my base - build another living quarters
                  2. I need scientists to research the tank
                  3. I need to find the material to build the tank - go on missions to hunt down UFOS
                  4. I need ships to fly around to find UFOs
                  5. The ships need weapons - research / manufacture
                  6. The landing craft needs soldiers
                  7. The soldiers need guns - research / manufacture

So whilst all of this is going on, I have aliens flying all over the world, attacking cities and corrupting governments (which loses my funding).

What this game has successfully done, is put you in the shoes of a world leader who has to combat an extraterrestrial threat.
                  In today's world of games that hold your hand for the first 20 min of play, I doubt we will ever see such a rich and detailed game like it.
                  Remedy's currently known projects:
                  Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Some Dragon Age Origins. The game is slowly growing on me. Although I think they're way too much betrayal happening all the time. Yes yes, we know, there is backstabbing. But does the backstabber's backstabber have to be backstabbed? It's starting to border to the ridiculous.

Comment

Singularity

Absolutely love it. Got to a rather... annoying part featuring little exploding spider... things. But, other than that I love it.

Comment

At long last, I finished God of War: Chains of Olympus in God Mode.
                        The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Yesterday I ordered Read Dead Redemption

I am playing Assassin's Creed 2 to finish the sidequests and get the achivements
                          Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                          Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Dead Space - finished... hours of absolute thrilling atmosphere, depressive mood, scary sounds... real survival and yeah - i want plasma cutter for christmas

Comment

What do you mean Gene? Aren't you a big fan of Final Fantasy?
                              Yes I am. but FF is Jrpg. No matter how much I've tried, I can't get connect with PRG gameplay. There are great games like Oblivion, Fallout, ME that I've missed.
                              Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

There are a lot of J-RPG's in PS1 and PS2 and SNES periods. I'm about to continue playing Disgaea 2(PS2).
                                The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Working...
                                X