What game did you last play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Been playing a lot of Devil May Cry 3 lately -- surprisingly replayable, thanks to the number of weapons and skills available to learn (and a level select). It's great to see a game that has that "pick up and play" arcade gameplay, mixed into an enjoyable story and environment. Oh, and I still think the cutscenes are way too cool.

Comment

Just been playing a little Ocarina of Time, but wasn't really in the mood for it so didn't make much progress. I always get scared when I realise that at some point, I will have to do the water temple

Comment

Originally posted by -JLN-
        Just been playing a little Ocarina of Time, but wasn't really in the mood for it so didn't make much progress. I always get scared when I realise that at some point, I will have to do the water temple
        Haha, yes. The Water Temples were one of the more annoying places. Almost as bad as the temple in the desert. Where the two witches is the boss. God, I hate that temple... Too big.
        "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

I played God of War for a half hour and so far...meh. Unfortiunately, thats all I can really say. I was pretty excited to play it and when I did....meh. Which sucks Too much bloody XCom. But that doesn't mean I wont be finishing God of War. Its still good enough to play through

Sorry, JLN
          <insert cool digital image here>

Comment

DEAD RISING!!! rented this game its really fun but unfortunatly its probably the most frustrating game also that I have played in a lonnnnggg lonnnggg while probably back to the Sega Saturn days when I tried beating an RPG without any memory card..

Comment

For the last few hours I've been playing more God of War. Disregaurd whatever I said in my last post, it freakin rocks. For some reason, it just took off. I love it.
              <insert cool digital image here>

Comment

Haha, yes. The Water Temples were one of the more annoying places. Almost as bad as the temple in the desert. Where the two witches is the boss. God, I hate that temple... Too big.
                I thought the water temple was worse, just because of how many times you've got to change the water level to get to different place. That, and shadow link is the most annoying enemy in the game

Anyway, I've personally only really played the Dead Rising demo for a while today. Unfortunately the game's not out over here until September

Comment

Been playing more DMC3 - nearly finished Hard mode, although it's a lot easier when you're upgraded.
                  --

I thought the water temple was worse, just because of how many times you've got to change the water level to get to different place.
                  Yeah the Zelda series is pretty notorious for it's water temples. Although in my book, the worst dungeon for me was the Eagle's Tower on the gameboy -- loads of evil multi-floor puzzles, where you have to carry this stupid giant marble ball thing all around the level (puzzles require you to chuck it over walls, or down to another floor, then trek to the other side of the dungeon to collect it). Clever, but ARGH.

Disregaurd whatever I said in my last post, it freakin rocks.
                  Phew, thought you were drunk or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddie
                    Been playing more DMC3 - nearly finished Hard mode, although it's a lot easier when you're upgraded.
                    Wait until you get started on Dante Must Die mode. That stuff's insane. Even with a damn near fully upgraded character, I didn't manage to get very far in it. I think I possibly just got past Agni and Rudra (after putting in more hours than I'm willing to admit mind you) before pretty much giving up on it. I don't even want to imagine some of the later parts of the game.

Originally posted by Maddie
                    Phew, thought you were drunk or something.
                    My thoughts exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman
                      Yeah the Zelda series is pretty notorious for it's water temples. Although in my book, the worst dungeon for me was the Eagle's Tower on the gameboy -- loads of evil multi-floor puzzles, where you have to carry this stupid giant marble ball thing all around the level (puzzles require you to chuck it over walls, or down to another floor, then trek to the other side of the dungeon to collect it). Clever, but ARGH.
                      I still found the Temple in the desert to be the most annoying in Ocarina of Time. It was WAAAAY too huge, and you had to switch between going there as a kid and as an adult. It sucked.
                      "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Recently got into Deus Ex after all this time. Forgive me, I'm only a casual gamer

This game is truly a gem above all others. All I can say is that the whole experience is great, and I'm not even done yet. It is truly sublime.

Safe to say that I'm obsessed. I listen to the soundtrack at work, I bore people on chat with my dissertation about the intricate plot, I have the wallpaper as my desktop, and I criticize Gibson's work..."It's no Deus Ex "

And JCD's voice is too sexy for words
                        Mirrors are more fun than Television

Comment

I feel the love, it truly is a great game. There were rumours in the past about a possible Deus Ex 3, however with the way the game went with Invisible War, it leaves me worried.
                          Remedy's currently known projects:
                          Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Yes. Deus Ex was a truly remarkable game. But, like you said, Invisible War dragged the story down again. If anything, let's hope they manage to bring it up again with Deux Ex 3 if it comes.

Comment

Just finished G.R.A.W, which was pretty dissapointing. It was hard enough even on normal, but all the combat was long distance and you had indicators showing where and how far away every enemy was, and the controls and movement of your charater were very static. I would have wished for more freedom of control and more planning your attack on the enemies. You controlled one ghost recon group, usually consisting of three different types - riflemen, marksmen, gunners, grenadiers, antitank personnel etc., but you could one issue one command to the team as a whole. I had situations where I would have like a gunner laying surpressing fire, while a rifleman or marksman tried to get in a better position to shoot. You couldn't even split the team up.

Also I found the story and especially the ending lame, and the AI (both enemy and friendly) really sucked, this games wasn't strategical at all, it was just another version of the point and shoot genre.

Well now it's back to playing demos until Madden 07 comes next week, because this game isn't worth replaying on hard.

Comment

I'm played mafia currently now.Better,than new "godfather game"
                                Bright Falls: There must be some kind of way out of here.

Comment

Working...
                                X