Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    Wow, we had the worst Gears 2 squad ever just now. haha. It was fun, though. I think I need to work on my craft a little....a lot.
    Dude we are the worst team on the world let's not play again ever! XD

Nah let's keep playing until we are decent players ... or just let's keep playing single player games

Originally posted by StarsRPD View Post
    Just Cause 2 for me.
    I want that game but I will wait it to drop in price, it still over 50 bucks
    Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
    Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Some uncharted 2 and Splinter cell pandora tomorrow

Comment

Im on a Halo kick at the mo waiting for Limbo to go live. Mainly Halo Wars though, doing the campaign on Legendary with the occasional skirmish.

I tried playing online but just get destroyed :-(
        tHe OwLS aRe NOt WhAT tHey SeEm

Comment

I recently finished DEATHSPANK... hell of a game... I had a really big smile all the time... the humor is great there
          I take no responsibility for my iPhone's spellcheck.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
            Played a few rounds of Battlefield Bad Company 2 with shorty and another friend of his (I think!). Was great fun. Especially when in the middle of a match the two of them suddenly decided to start demolishing buildings and ignore the fighting.

Of course I had to join in on the fun!
            Now where's the fun in having destructable enviroments if you never get the chance to blow them up? Actually, it was all a well-planned strike against the enemy using the scorched earth strategy... Yeah, totally

Comment

Originally posted by CialnyGD View Post
              I recently finished DEATHSPANK... hell of a game... I had a really big smile all the time... the humor is great there
              I played the demo...not bad...the voices really got to me, though. Pretty annoying, imo.

Comment

Just finished Limbo, like, 2 minutes ago....loved every single second of it.
                tHe OwLS aRe NOt WhAT tHey SeEm

Comment

Finally finished Winterbottom just now. I love those 2D puzzle games. I feel so smart every time I play through one of those .
                  Open up the broken cup
                  Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

I've decided to wait on my Deus Ex playthrough and instead will be giving Fable 2 a second run through. I havent played in forever and all I remember is being a kid, the colesseum, escaping the spire, and a horrible, horrible ending. So why not? I think I may buy all the DLC and give Fallout 3 one more run through before New Vegas comes out, after I'm done with Fable 2.

Comment

Red Dead Redemption, trying to figure out why I shouldn't sell it. The only thing I like about the game anymore is riding about to my iPod and creating my own situations because, well, I like horses. Even when I do the story missions, I end up skipping all cutscenes because it isn't at all compelling the second time around.

Thing is, if I sold it, I'd probably only get 1/4 or less of the original price anyway, and I rarely sell my games.
                      <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

The last game I played was Fallout 3 - the Lookout point expansion. Thanks to Mass Effect, I completely forgot about this until now.

Red Dead Redemption, trying to figure out why I shouldn't sell it. The only thing I like about the game anymore is riding about to my iPod and creating my own situations because, well, I like horses. Even when I do the story missions, I end up skipping all cutscenes because it isn't at all compelling the second time around.

Thing is, if I sold it, I'd probably only get 1/4 or less of the original price anyway, and I rarely sell my games.
                        Yeah that's an inherent problem with sandbox games, particularly the Rockstar ones. I was the same with GTA:SA -- massive game, played for 100 hours solid, and then never touched it again. To it's credit though, RDR has got a really fun combat system -- once I get started causing chaos, I usually waste an hour or so fooling around shooting people.

However, I don't bother selling games anymore - a) you only get a fraction of what you originally paid for it, and b) I usually want to play it again 2-6 years down the line. The whole thing is a con anyway -- sure you get a bit of cashflow in your pocket, but the store makes pure profit on the game, effectively selling it twice or more (sometimes at full price), while the devs make nothing.

Speaking of game prices, why do first party Nintendo games never drop down in price? Most Xbox games drop to about 50-66% of their RRP within 6-12 months. New Super Mario Bros Wii. just wont go down. And the preowned versions are only £5 less.
                        Last edited by Maddieman; 07-23-2010, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
                          However, I don't bother selling games anymore - a) you only get a fraction of what you originally paid for it, and b) I usually want to play it again 2-6 years down the line.
                          Yeah, I tend to do that- my brother sold our Gamecube copy of LotR: Return of the King years ago, but to this day I'm tempted to repurchase it. I always end up missing my games, even if it is just for riding around on horses to Doctor Who soundtracks. >.>

I guess I'll just suck it up and keep it. The game was free, anyway (a 'You survived high school!' prize).

Also, I'd like to know: Has anyone here played Flower? Is it well-worth the price tag, and overall just a good game? I've been considering purchasing it a good while now, although I probably won't be able to pick it up for a good while yet anyway.
                          <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

Originally posted by Kitt View Post
                            Also, I'd like to know: Has anyone here played Flower? Is it well-worth the price tag, and overall just a good game? I've been considering purchasing it a good while now, although I probably won't be able to pick it up for a good while yet anyway.
                            Flower is a truly beautiful game and definitely worth its price. I play it every once in a while just to relax and enjoy the graphics.
                            Open up the broken cup
                            Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

I beat Prince of Persia. it was short any too easy but still better then the previous one.

I've played too many H&S lately. for now I want a shooter. It's good that Reach and Dead space are in the way. Can't wait get them.
                              Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Toy Story 3, amazing game loved the toy box mode and the story itself is quite fun, although i myself found it too short but then again i did play it constantly the last two days

Comment

Working...
                                X