• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
    but Otacon seduced by his step mother!?
    Yes, that threw me off too.

Still though, like fans all over the world, I hated Raiden.

Started playing Resident Evil Code: Veronica X again. Cheating this time though, using Action Replay. So I have the biggest and baddest weapons with 999 bullets. Can't run out even if I wanted to.
    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Been playing Ninety Nine Nights. Picked it up for the 360 yesterday, mainly because I've got nothing else I'm interested in playing at the moment. It's a pretty fun game. It's essentially Dynasty Warriors, with infinitely more enemies on screen. Despite the combat system being a little deeper in N3 though, and despite there being far more enemies, I get more satisfaction out of the Dynasty Warriors games to be honest.

Still, N3's a good game, and it'll certain tide me over until I can buy Saints Row next week

Comment

Saints Row

Comment

Silent Hill 4.

I have no idea what Henry Townsend has done to deserve some of the crap that he's getting thrown at him in that game. I am quite enjoying it.

Comment

Devil May Cry 3 and Ruff-ROSE Online. :cooler:

It's not Henry Townsend we dislike so much, he seemed quite alright to me, it's the actual game itself. It's just not Silent Hill. Hell, most of it even happens in South Ashton or whatever that place was called.

BRING US SILENT HILL!
            "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Finished FlatOut 2. I now have all golds in the career mode and can stop playing
              Yes, you.

Comment

I've played Saint's Row for some hours and here's my first impressions.

GTA: SA is still the best sandbox game available on any platform Saint's Row is a good looking game especialy the light effects, but good ol' GTA: San Andreas offers more gameplay than Saint's Row does IMO. I miss driving motorcycles, bikes, planes and helicopters, I miss driving around the country, I miss recognizable cities.

Saint's Row has a lot of nice new features that GTA could use like the meaningless, but fun and addictive activities - insurance fraud is alot of fun. I like the use of garages, and that you don't have to lose your custom car forever when it blows up.

If you want to play a sandbox game for your Xbox 360, and don't want to wait until GTA IV is released - Saint's Row is a good choice.

Comment

I hope the next GTA learns some things or two from SR, like aiming and physics, if GTA doesnt use Havok physics or some sort of similar system it'll be a complete letdown in my book, its absolutely crucial for better gameplay. SR is overall just more fun to run around causing chaos, it does however lack the wit and charm that GTA had, surprisingly SR actually had a decent story though, especially the ending, it really throws a nice curve.
                  Last edited by JFRESH69; 09-02-2006, 06:10 PM.

Comment

That ending was....really different. Outta nowere. I think Saints Row is better than GTA in a pure gameplay stance. The writeing is wrose, and it doesn't have that wit that GTA has (We're upping our standards, so up yours!). I like how the game feels even more like you're Rambo than GTA did. Blowing people away like a hot knife through butter is a lot of fun, but the game still remains challenging enough to keep you playing.
                    <insert cool digital image here>

Comment

More DMC3. Kick ass on a new level!

Comment

Rented Dead Rising. I'd LOVE to play it, but appairently you need a 40'' hdtv to see the ****ing text. So I have no idea what to do. Oh well....

Comment

Been away for a week with only my trusty Gameboy, so I've been playing Zelda: Link's Awakening mostly -- finished it a few days ago! \o/

Now I'm playing Zelda III -- just about to start the third dungeon.

Comment

I'm about 20% through Saint's Row by now, haven't really spend that much time with it, just finished though the mission where you steal the West Side Rollerz car. So far I've only played West Side missions, but now I have to deal with another gang.

But with Madden coming out in two days, I doubt I'll be through Saint's Row in the nearest future. My plan is, when I finish this game, that I'll trade it in along with GRAW for NHL 07, Splinter Cell or some other game.

Comment

Finally managed to get hold of Saints Row myself yesterday, so I've been playing that non-stop. It's a lot of fun. I can't decide if it's better than GTA yet, but it vastly improves on some of GTA's weaker aspects, particularly the shooting.
                              Regardless of whether it's better than GTA or not though, it is a frickin awesome game in it's own right.

Comment

Is it me or do people seem to keep doing the Westside Rollerz, the Vice Kings, and then Los Carnels. In that order. Everyone I've talked to did that, and so did I. Must be some subconcious thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X