What game did you last play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

GOTY is so hard this year. So few highlights and then all my favourite games weren't EPIC blockbusters... (though they were well known games... just not 5 million + unit games).

I think it has to be one of:
    -Alan Wake
    -Amnesia: the Dark Descent
    -STALKER: Call of Pripyat

Though I also really enjoyed playing:
    -Dragon Age
    -ME2
    -Just Cause 2

But i'm open to other suggestions. For me Dragon Age and ME2 were very good games but I just think they were missing something elusive. If anything i have had more fun wtih $5 (Puzzle Quest 2) throwaway games and free flash games like Robot Unicorn Attack.

Dissappointments:
    -BFBC2 (though I have played hundreds of hours... but I still felt the online feels tardy compared to CSS/TF2 etc.)
    -Mafia 2 (just felt unpolished, something was missing)
    -Civ 5 (online multiplayer has been broken for me since launch)

Also of note in this post is that I don't own any consoles so I missed out on playing things like Demon's Souls and other interesting games like that. (Though i will probably finally buy a PS3 when GT5 is released and pick it up then).

I have a strange feeling in my gut that I'm going to be really annoyed when all the awards start coming out on the internet and it's COD Black Ops vs. Halo Reach vs. Fable 3 for all the GOTY awards. That will make me cry. I might even disconnect the internet for a while from my PC.
    Last edited by yogibbear; 11-16-2010, 12:40 PM.
    Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

*Slaps self, realises Dragon Age was released in 2009, but have been doing multiple playthrough throughout 2010.*

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
        -Alan Wake
        -Amnesia: the Dark Descent
        I think I'll call a tie between these two right now.
        "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

i know this is a tame game compared to most of the games mentioned but i just started playing tattoo artist 3. love it. stumbled upon it accidentally and now i can't stop. though i need to.

Comment

Got my Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition in the mail today. yay.

Comment

Mass Effect 2

Borrowed from a friend, I'm really liking it an I have only played for 2 hours. I have never played ME1 so I'm kind of lost

And also Halo Reach at nights with cubanito, shorty should play also but he is a bad person
              Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
              Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Completed the main story of Red Dead Redemption. Now I've only got side missions and costumes to unlock.

Been playing online with my girlfriend a few times now. Great fun.
                "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

I just got Singularity in the mail. Game never really got too much hype, but good reviews. But yeah, I think I'll play my Dragon Age: Ultimate edition before opening this one.

Comment

I think Just Cause 2 will arrive today. I have been looking forward for this game for a long time, the demo was fun as hell so I hope so is the game
                    Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                    Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Just Cause 2 is a lot of fun. It's kind of like "Action Man" (the action figure) meets GTA. I especially enjoy using the grappling hook (or whatever it's called) to create chaos with moving objects (cars, helicopters, even people). You should really try doing all sorts of things. It pays off!

Comment

Originally posted by Danzaiver View Post
                        I think Just Cause 2 will arrive today. I have been looking forward for this game for a long time, the demo was fun as hell so I hope so is the game
                        It' great. But after about 30-40hrs you might only be 30% complete and have finished the main storyline...

Though it's still good to jump into every now and again as the game looks gorgeous on my PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Danzaiver View Post
                          And also Halo Reach at nights with cubanito, shorty should play also but he is a bad person
                          Exams man, exams I'll be set free after the 2nd december!

Comment

Originally posted by shorty View Post
                            Exams man, exams I'll be set free after the 2nd december!
                            As if you'll have time. We're going to have Battlefields to tear apart and own!

Comment

Just started New Vegas. Had a few CTDs within the first 10 mins... but now i'm about 15 hrs in.... completely lost. Just keep going from one side quest to the next.

Comment

LOTRO (taking a 5 min break, but still playing)

Haven't had time to solo much since I started work - my only time is the weekends and I've largely been spending those with Kitt. Unfortunately, some of the places we're visiting are waaay too dangerous for my character, and I have this uncanny ability to summon EVERY monster in a 2km radius.

It was funny for a while, but last week I got respawned about 4 miles away after getting killed, effectively ending our adventure.

I need to level up.

Comment

Working...
                                X