Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
    It' great. But after about 30-40hrs you might only be 30% complete and have finished the main storyline...

Though it's still good to jump into every now and again as the game looks gorgeous on my PC.
    Yeah the game is awesome just to look at it

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
    As if you'll have time. We're going to have Battlefields to tear apart and own!
    I'm his Pimp so don't mess with my bitch

Originally posted by shorty View Post
    Exams man, exams I'll be set free after the 2nd december!
    It seems we have a date my friend

LOL crazy forum talk I have also being playing Mass Effect 2, it's really good! It's a shame I haven't played the first one
    Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
    Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Danzaiver View Post
      LOL crazy forum talk I have also being playing Mass Effect 2, it's really good! It's a shame I haven't played the first one
      They're actually quite different games (asides from the setting/story/characters). i.e. they play a lot differently.

From my perspective ME1 > ME2. But... i hope they kind of merge the two different playstyles together for ME3.
      Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Well i have only played ME1 and it was a fun game. I liked how i coud say anything to anyone
        I'm back.

Comment

I borrowed and played through ME2 recently and I absolutely loved it, they took out bits of ME1 that were annoying and greatly improved on it, thank god the Mako was scrapped as I hated it, you only travelled to planets with missions, they all looked different, they all had variety.

I loved it. Sure there were parts of ME1 that were great, the levelling up was a damn sight better, but ME2 is a fantastic improvement. Parts of ME2 could be used for a movie, the opening to the game is superb, especially when you go and rescue Joker and it all slows down and it's so serenely quiet, absolutely sublime. Loved it.

Comment

ME2 is fantastic...I wont lie, though...it was a bit of an adjustment going from the orginal to the 2nd. The RPG elements were overly simplified and the gunplay was similar to Gears of War. That's not to say that's bad at all. It just became more of a 3rd person shooter with RPG elements. The gameplay was still top notch and the cinematics are yeah, right out of the movies. It's a beautiful game.

I just wsh there was more NPC interaction and stronger carry over with your former cast of heroes. The romance transitions were extremely disappointing. The gunplay changes were def. for the better...I actually preferred the former leveling tree and some of the biotic abilities from the first game more, however. The game is still outstanding, though...and ranks right at the top of my all-time favorite games/gaming series...right up there with Shenmue.

Comment

Mass Effect 2 did a hell of a lot better overall presentation, expecially on the suicide mission. ME2's gameplay is also far better, and while it may have gone a bit too far, I like the inventory system much better. Having to sort through immense amounts of crap every few hours was annoying in ME1.

ME1's story was better, it felt more novel and exciting. There was exploring; the universe felt much bigger and more intimidating while ME2's story is lacking. It feels like a filler episode, almost. You recruit a team, then 80% of the game is done, leaving the real story less than 5 hours. It's certainly there to tie ME1 and ME3 together and give ME3 some context, but it just wasn't as new or exciting as ME1 was. I found some features in ME2's story to be pretty awesome though, perhaps because I told the council to shove it when they offered me my Spectre status back. I thought it was more interesting being perceived as a rogue and terrorist when I'm actually trying to save everyone. Like Solid Snake in space.

Each game has its merits and are worth playing through multiple times though. Hopefully they will give us somewhat of a mix in Mass Effect 3.

Comment

Every time Mass effect comes up, we get into this discussion - can we please keep it in one of the many ME threads?

Comment

Haha, Mass Effect is just so provoking, for good or bad

Oh well, I came home late yesterday and dusted off the good ol' N64 and decided to give myself some quality time with some old classics such as Jet force Gemini, Perfect Dark and Turok. It got pretty late..

Comment

Well I hold the proud title of "Never played any Mass Effect".

I have been playing so much Civilization V now that I need a break from it. An FPS will work I think. I guess I shall continue the Single Player Campaign of Battlefield: Bad Company 2
                    We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Originally posted by shorty View Post
                      Haha, Mass Effect is just so provoking, for good or bad

Oh well, I came home late yesterday and dusted off the good ol' N64 and decided to give myself some quality time with some old classics such as Jet force Gemini, Perfect Dark and Turok. It got pretty late..
                      I'm loving ME2 BTW

I used to play Jet Force Gemini so many years ago ... man I just was a kid back then ...

I also loved 007 Golden Eye much better than Perfect Dark IMO, it was the first game I actually played to beat my own record, it was kick ass! And playing with friends was fun as hell. Rare used to make so much cool games, I hated Banjo Kazooie 3
                      Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                      Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Zhinarkos View Post
                        Well I hold the proud title of "Never played any Mass Effect".

I have been playing so much Civilization V now that I need a break from it. An FPS will work I think. I guess I shall continue the Single Player Campaign of Battlefield: Bad Company 2
                        Proud?

Proud would be saying you've never played a Halo game or read a Twilight Novel.

ME series is gaming at it's *almost* finest in this current batch of consoles and "Full HD" dragging down PC capabilities.
                        Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Not playing a Halo? Now that would be blasphemy!

Everybody knows that anyone can do things well, it's just the matter of who does it well FIRST.

I probably will buy ME 1 and 2 in some point, right now I have no money and no interest. I have heard my friend hyping about the game for a long time and everyone here seem to praise it, so it must be a good game.

I will get it, but not now.

I am too busy playing Worms World Party, Civic V and BFBC2
                          We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Got ME 1 on last year's Steam's Christmas Sale for mere 9 euros.

Played it, but never finished it. It's huge and looks freaking great, but still does not hold my attention. Managing my squad is pretty hard to be honest.

It's a great game, a wonderful game, but unfortunately I do not have the time to finish it
                            KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
                              or read a Twilight Novel.
                              I haven't read a Twilight Novel. Not planning to either. Does that make me proud?

Been playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: World at War. Both the single player offline mode, and some online multiplayer. I've never really played any CoD games before, so I'm just trying to get a sense of what's what before I decide whether or not I should buy Black Ops or not.

Personally, I'm not all that impressed thus far. That said, I have now only played Modern Warfare (the first one) and World at War, so I can't really compare much just yet. But I am more of a fan of the openness and the freedom of a good Battlefield game (i.e. Battlefield: Bad Company 2), so it'll be quite the stretch going from getting to ride various vehicles and running around a large map to going to confined areas with little room to play (kind of reminds me of the old Counter Strike days...).

Oh well. I will probably get Black Ops eventually. I just wish I had a way to test it out thoroughly first (none of my friends have it yet either).
                              "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

I went to download the expansion and all the Dragon Age DLC and was told I dont have enough space to do so. Ugh. Means I have to buy a bigger hard drive and it sucks...because they cost like $90 for 60 GB. I really dont want to spend the money. gah.

Comment

Working...
                                X