What game did you last play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What game did you last play?

My brother's getting a Kinect and a flashy new XBox since his died, so I'll be sure to try it and let you all know how odd it is. I'm kind of looking forward to how stupid my siblings and I will look.

And my dad was been wanting to get into video games recently, maybe this will do it?
    <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

I'm buying a Wii for Christmas, for myself.

I deserve it

Comment

Originally posted by shorty View Post

I deserve it
        Get Mario Kart Wii so I can kick your butt

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
        No.

No no no no.

[SIZE="7"][FONT="Arial Black"]NO.[/FONT][/SIZE]
        Come one man it was like Alan Wake with the flashlight and everything
        Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
        Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by shorty View Post

I deserve it
          Okay...

Originally posted by Danzaiver View Post
          Come one man it was like Alan Wake with the flashlight and everything
          No.
          "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Alright! Played Alan Wake today. Episode One and a little bit of Episode Two. Game has that mood I was hoping for. It really is a tv series made into a game.

I loved the introduction of Barry
            We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Halo Reach

Jesus Christ! Brotherhood haven't arrive yet! Also ME1
              Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
              Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Fallout 3

Also decided to get a Wii next month, red wii to be precise, with Donkey Kong Country Return if possible.

Comment

Going back through the dark & moody Velvet Assassin. Love the story and settings, stealth kills could've used more variation (context sensitive...). Still, I really like this game and forgive most of its shortcomings (except for the abysmal gunplay).
                  "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
                  (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Comment

Originally posted by JackGordon View Post
                    Going back through the dark & moody Velvet Assassin. Love the story and settings, stealth kills could've used more variation (context sensitive...). Still, I really like this game and forgive most of its shortcomings (except for the abysmal gunplay).
                    I bought it on steam when it was on sale ages ago and i think i got through the first few levels and then got bored.... i wasn't even stuck. Just bored at the start of the next mission. I was like "what is the point?"... i guess i was in the wrong mood to be running around in a nighty killing germans.
                    Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

The fact that the game can only be played the way it was intended can be a dealbreaker for some. And you're actually right; you keep doing the same thing over and over again. Hence why I would've liked some context sensitive executions (ex. enemy standing on the docks; bullet in the head + dump in water).
                      What kept me interested was the story and the way it was told, especially the occasional letters you find in a level...

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
                        No.

No no no no.

[SIZE="7"][FONT="Arial Black"]NO.[/FONT][/SIZE]
                        Yes, yes, yes!!!

[SIZE="7"][FONT="Arial Black"]YES![/FONT][/SIZE]

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is actually quite similar to Bioshock 2, thematically, and that's why it is so good

If you are looking for pure horror, then maybe I can understand you as Shattered Memories is more focused as a psychological experience.

Comment

back onto Alan Wake again... and trying to get Max Payne 1 to work on my laptop... it doesnt appear to want to work with windows 7 though, title screen loads fine.. then kaput.

Comment

Originally posted by ancient View Post
                            Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is actually quite similar to Bioshock 2, thematically, and that's why it is so good

If you are looking for pure horror, then maybe I can understand you as Shattered Memories is more focused as a psychological experience.
                            I honestly don't care what it's similar to out of other games. I played Bioshock 1, did not like it. Didn't bother going to Bioshock 2.

However, a Silent Hill game has a standard to live up to. Sure, the controllers, the gameplay and all that worked, and as a stand alone game that did not carry the Silent Hill name, the game would have been fine. Hell, even as a stand alone Silent Hill game, it would have been fine...

But reimagining the story from the original to the extent they did? They're messing with legends here. That's dangerous business. They completely ruined the story of the original game (and thus any game following...) as well as all characters of the original game. How is that good?
                            "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

As a Silent Hill nut myself, I agree with Kahr.

Und Bioshock 2's story blows.

Comment

As a Silent Hill nut myself, I agree with Kahr.
                                FINALLY! Someone like me!

Und Bioshock 2's story blows.
                                I can't really comment on that. In any case, I did like the atmosphere of the Bioshock games... just not anything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X